What would you like the Server time to be like?

catsmoon

What would you like the Server time to be like?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the Server time to be like?

• GMT
    • Pacific Day Light Time
    • UTC
    • CEST
    • Australian Eastern Standard Time
    • Other(Explain in thread)

On 10/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, Xanakin said:

Like it or not, the majority of the active community was European hence the timezones were synced to GMT +1.
I'd personally would like to see this continue - weather can always be changed in-game and most likely will be part of a internal discussion.

This, although with the endless possibilities for RageMP daylight saving etc can also be worked into the game! Meaning it would be possible for it to get lighter/darker earlier where appropriate throughout the year

6 hours ago, Biskit said:

I think GMT+1 or +2 works best for LS-RP. That's the way it was before and nobody seemed to complain about it.

I'm sure that not everyone was happy about it. Just that no one that was unhappy about it spoke up. However, even if the server was based in the LA time zone, all events and such would take place in the GMT where the majority of the people are from. 

I wouldn't mind seeing it sync up with California, but I also think maybe halving the day could be good? Instead of 24 hours in a day/night cycle it could be 12, offset it some or maybe switch it up every month or so and people could get to play in both day and night fairly frequently. It's not like the real world time really holds much weight when it comes to RP.

• Thumbs 1

On 10/6/2021 at 10:39 PM, shotofwhiskey said:

I wouldn't mind seeing it sync up with California, but I also think maybe halving the day could be good? Instead of 24 hours in a day/night cycle it could be 12, offset it some or maybe switch it up every month or so and people could get to play in both day and night fairly frequently. It's not like the real world time really holds much weight when it comes to RP.

Does, when anything has to be organized for factions. 

GMT +1 was really good

spacer.png

• 4 months later...

7-11 PM dusk, 11-3/4am night and 3/4 AM-7 PM day. this way the night is shortened for american players allowing them access to day earlier, and players on at peak get to experience dusk -> night which is the most important time of day 

but actual time should b represented through GMT

Edited by yekim