Space 🌎

elgreco

SPACEX STARSHIP

(Below paragraph is taken from SpaceX_Starship_Wikipedia)

Starship is a fully reusable two-stage launch vehicle in development by SpaceX, consisting of a first stage booster named Super Heavy and a second stage spacecraft named Starship. Starship is expected to be the tallest, heaviest, and most powerful rocket in the world, capable of producing 72 meganewtons of thrust at lift-off—more than twice that of a Saturn V (Apollo Program) rocket. 

Starship is capable of launching 100 metric tons to low Earth orbit as well as higher Earth orbits, the Moon, or Mars; the latter three would necessitate transferring propellant in orbit. To accommodate Starship's features, a non-traditional launch pad would be used, including a launch tower that can lift and recover both stages. Both stages will be constructed out of stainless steel and use the Raptor engines, which burn liquid oxygen and methane for propulsion.

A Starship-like launch vehicle was first envisioned by SpaceX in 2005. After many changes to the vehicle design, SpaceX started developing Starship at its South Texas launch site, also known as the Boca Chica launch site. Mk1, the first full-scale Starship prototype, was unveiled on 29 September 2019. The first successful hop by any prototypes was performed by Starhopper on 25 July 2019 and SN15 on 5 May 2021 performed the first successful high-altitude flight and landing. As of September 2021, the next complete Starship prototypes—SN20 (Ship 20) together with Super Heavy booster BN4 (Booster 4)—are planned for Starship's first orbital flight.[3][a] Starship is projected to be used in upcoming and envisioned space missions, such as the dearMoon project, NASA's Artemis program, and SpaceX's Mars program.

Jvt4mOm.png 

8 hours ago, GachoRule said:

I heard about the new heatsink rockets that their building it is quite sick to get updated with all this stuff. This stuffs interesting. 

SpaceX's Starship project started applying hexagon heat shields. Looks like a rocket made straight from a space movie.

Jvt4mOm.png 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been following everything space very carefully for a while now, especially Starship, been a huge space enthusiast since I was a child, hoping to work in the space industry after I graduate. But Starship is going to be something really amazing, beautiful spacecraft and the way it moves just looks unbelievable.. has a lot of challenges it has to face but the hype is real, just realized this is up to 80 million views now.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that SpaceX's Starlink Satellite constellation is (by far) the most interesting satellite constellation that corelates with telecommunication services. Since most Telecommunications Satellites are Geostationary (They stay in one place as the earth rotates 360° in a solar day), Starlinks are LEO, or Low Earth Orbit. 

Although most Satellite Engineers would find this impractical, I think the close-knit constellation is really something to applaud over. I dream of a day where they make an entire ring and geostationary orbit is no longer a nuisance due to 100% signal coverage! 

enter image description here

Edited by Georeferenced