Restrict Super/Hyper/Excotic Cars

Kiss Land

Restrict exotic vehicles at all costs

Why?: Players will get starter paycheck and/or grind hard for a week or so and will go buy one of many super cars that GTA V has to offer, it will ruin the environment of the server in the starting days and there won't be any kind of interesting RP than rich people driving around with super cars and hitting the clubs or causing pursuits. To prevent this from happening, I have a few solutions in mind.

What should be done?: 

1. Restrict/Remove the great variety of exotic vehicles and only make fair amount of them available for public only.

2. Sell this vehicles to trusted players with clean admin records through Auctions or Lease. Price, tax and expenses of the leased exotic cars should be fairly high so not everyone but people who are truly wealthy will be able to drive them and there'll atleast be a small difference between wealthy player and player who *acts* wealthy.

3. There'll be a set of strict rules and if the player who possess the car break this rules, they'll get their vehicle removed without a refund.

4. Player should have a good character background, clean admin record, fairly roleplayed life of his character that shows how they reached to that kind of money, etc. 

How will this help?: I think it will help the server have more serious RP than the stuff said above and it'll create new roleplay opportunities for different layers of players in the server.

3 minutes ago, Mikee said:

I think that if they just add a weekly tax related to the Car price ( so the higher is the price the higher will the tax be ), they will solve this problem

Still, I think grinding in daily basis will help the players pay the weekly tax

I think limiting a number of exotic cars would make a good way to increase rarity and prestige, if there’s only 10 ‘buggati’ equivalents then they would hold their value and rarity. This would make car auctions and trades actually useful.

as it is with real life, certain cars only have limited numbers produced by the manufactures to increase price and not flood the market, devaluing them. 

I disagree with the admin rule, unless it’s reasonable to assume that the car was obtained through the rule breaking.

Edited by roskeii
  • Thumbs 1
  • OK 2

Limit some of these cars to where it can be roleplayers as “only five of these models produced” that way the value if these vehicles will be extremely expensive and extremely hard to get. Also I’m sure there will be some form of internal policy or rule in regards to impounding vehicles that can be used to combat the unrealistic police pursuit mentality of players who only get on to run from cops.

4 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Also I’m sure there will be some form of internal policy or rule in regards to impounding vehicles that can be used to combat the unrealistic police pursuit mentality of players who only get on to run from cops.

with the script possibilities now available, I’m sure it can be done to hold a car for X amount of time, recall how many times it’s been done etc and do incrementive punishments, should be a good deterrent!

It would also be nice to see some cars be able to be obtained through RP.

For example, in the past, I have bought a car such as a Hustler, or hotknife from the server for the price that an admin specified, however I was required to show ALOT of roleplay on how my character found, rebuilt and restored the car over a few IRL weeks.

This sort of system for classic cars works very well, however would need to be limited and watched by admins.

30 minutes ago, FatSam121 said:

This sort of system for classic cars works very well, however would need to be limited and watched by admins.

I have no doubt too certain cars will be donator-restricted too! I saw nothing wrong with the auctions when they went on, same with property etc.

13 minutes ago, roskeii said:

I have no doubt too certain cars will be donator-restricted too! I saw nothing wrong with the auctions when they went on, same with property etc.

I don't really support donator restricted vehicles in GTA V, how many cars you want to make donator restricted? Or what kind of cars donator restricted? It's the same thing as making the vehicles available for public, now all of the donators can buy the vehicles and drive around without 0 RP applied. In SAMP it might've been really useful but in RageMP, it's not gonna work as expected.

Just now, A Glass of Jack Daniels said:

I don't really support donator restricted vehicles in GTA V, how many cars you want to make donator restricted? Or what kind of cars donator restricted? It's the same thing as making the vehicles available for public, now all of the donators can buy the vehicles and drive around without 0 RP applied. In SAMP it might've been really useful but in RageMP, it's not gonna work as expected.

I like that argument to be fair, if this server is about a completely level playing field, then yeah, no donator restricted vehicles would be the way forward but some big incentives for people donating were unrestricting the cars like the Bullet, FNG-900, etc..

• Lead Admin

I'd say keep some of the more extreme hyper cars restricted but maybe add down the line if deemed needed. Theres so much variety on RageMP its impossible to say what should and shouldn't be restricted.

But have the vehicles correctly represent the economy, not have a vehicle cost 400k+ when IRL its 30k. A good balance is whats needed.

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

8 minutes ago, roskeii said:

I like that argument to be fair, if this server is about a completely level playing field, then yeah, no donator restricted vehicles would be the way forward but some big incentives for people donating were unrestricting the cars like the Bullet, FNG-900, etc..

Yes but the old donator system was a piece of horseshit, who'd make BMX a donator vehicle? Or Sanchez as donator vehicle? These weren't really fair to be honest. But I think putting new and better perks in donator packages will fill up the empty space of donator restricted vehicles.

8 minutes ago, jack said:

I'd say keep some of the more extreme hyper cars restricted but maybe add down the line if deemed needed. Theres so much variety on RageMP its impossible to say what should and shouldn't be restricted.

But have the vehicles correctly represent the economy, not have a vehicle cost 400k+ when IRL its 30k. A good balance is whats needed.

Yes maybe some special vehicles should be donator restricted but I'm talking about only ""Special"" vehicles, not bicycles or publicly available motorbikes

I can see a limited amount of exotic cars being a solution to those problems. There's not a car lot of unlimited exotic cars ready to be sold on the market at any given time. Dealerships should be able to sell out on a type of car and have to wait for more to be shipped in.

I don't believe watching or needing proof of someone's RP should be the case. Not everyone RP starting from zero when they begin their characters. And everyone shouldn't have to. What sense does it make to have a city where everyone's poor? So if one would like to RP a man of wealth from the jump, by all means necessary fulfill that story theoretically.

I say let people buy the vehicles they want to buy, just put up the price. If you have all the money in the world, you can get whatever you want. Nothing else should get in your way.

You can have some vehicles restricted to donations though if necessary to be able to purchase them in-game like before. 

Edited by Natasha Valentine
  • Strong 1

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

2 hours ago, Bandz said:

Dealerships should be able to sell out on a type of car and have to wait for more to be shipped in.

Instead of having a dealership being a dynamic fixed thing, make it into an actual player controlled business with profit margins. 

X dealership buys a Bullet GT from the 'manufacture' for $400,000 (this would be the server and the money goes out the server) and then they can choose how much to sell it for within a limit, i.e a min price decided by management, and sell it for $300,000, $310,000 etc... but Y dealership buys for the same price but sells at $270,000.

I'm not sure if that's a good idea? 

7 minutes ago, roskeii said:

Instead of having a dealership being a dynamic fixed thing, make it into an actual player controlled business with profit margins. 

X dealership buys a Bullet GT from the 'manufacture' for $400,000 (this would be the server and the money goes out the server) and then they can choose how much to sell it for within a limit, i.e a min price decided by management, and sell it for $300,000, $310,000 etc... but Y dealership buys for the same price but sells at $270,000.

I'm not sure if that's a good idea? 

That'll be amazing if there's players dedicated to car dealer RP. I wouldn't be surprised if there are.

I don't think they should be restricted, but I think they should be priced way higher, so it really is only rich people that drive them.

For example, going on SAMP LSRP's economy, those supercars should have been like at minimum, $20,000,000. That way if you seen one, it would actually be cool, and reserved for the rich like they should be. (Sound like a capitalist prick but this just is how it is irl and should be ig).

Edited by ROZE
  • Thumbs 4
  • OK 2

3 hours ago, ROZE said:

I don't think they should be restricted, but I think they should be priced way higher, so it really is only rich people that drive them.

For example, going on SAMP LSRP's economy, those supercars should have been like at minimum, $20,000,000. That way if you seen one, it would actually be cool, and reserved for the rich like they should be. (Sound like a capitalist prick but this just is how it is irl and should be ig).

4 hours ago, ROZE said:

basically..

I suggest you make the prices high in a way it matches the economy (I wouldn't wanna see 10 million dollar cars, though).

Also the so called exotic supercars should have a quota say per week. Every week the dealership gets a shipment of like 20-25 of them (different models too so it's not just a flood of the same car model) just like in real life and when they sell out players have to wait until they're resupplied again.

That way even the ones with money will have a setback somehow and its gonna create a lot of hype around new cars. (Maybe create roleplay opportunities around marketing these cars when they drop.)

Scarcity makes its value (monetary value and also status) go up and it will definitely be motivating for new players to earn money and drive a foreign)

Another idea is that players can order these cars (online for example) but for a greater value than the dealersip price regardless of the monthly quota. This will sure make their pockets hurt lol.

Edited by dinero.dinero
  • OK 1