Restrict Super/Hyper/Excotic Cars

Kiss Land

I understand the concept, avoid whole "SA:MP mall-rat" scene, /lean on bullets and what-not, honestly...I don´t mind people being able to purchase whatever, long as we have a proper insurance system, impounding system with strict time frame if not "crushing" cars (depending on the extreme traffic record), it shouldn't be a problem...you know?

But you need to remember, LS = Los Angeles, and in LA...you got shit loads of rich-spoiled people who got expensive cars, who act all rich and powerful. Believe it or not, a lot of those people exist, LA is basically birth place for that high-class rich kid "mall-rat" attitude, that shit exists. I personally call these people "plastic people", because nothing is real about these rich fools, not even their asses or tits, hehe. Frankly, long as these "rich-automobile" owners don't ruin environment by going to "South Central" (ghetto/gang hoods), I'm good with it.

1U8CXwc.png

uq91B3u.png

maintenance of exotic property is a big no lol forcing players to hop on to grind wealth would be a miserable experience. if you're advocating for ridiculous tax brackets and large weekly/monthly insurance costs then you're promoting a system where grinding is incentivized over roleplay. i shouldnt be locked into having a second job just to roleplay upper class. encourage people to roleplay better and punish the people that refuse to, rather than introduce arbitrary roadblocks which prohibit people from actually wanting to portray this shit well

people get lost in the prospects of a realistic economy but forget how detrimental a realistic economy would be for players who want to focus on roleplay instead of worrying about slaving away paychecks or business openings. quality over quantity

gta 5 is also a massive map relative to SA and you're much less likely to encounter a shitty roleplayer speeding through the projects in their pink turismo, not to say there shouldnt be consequences for doing so

On 11/20/2021 at 9:55 AM, yekim said:

maintenance of exotic property is a big no lol forcing players to hop on to grind wealth would be a miserable experience. if you're advocating for ridiculous tax brackets and large weekly/monthly insurance costs then you're promoting a system where grinding is incentivized over roleplay. i shouldnt be locked into having a second job just to roleplay upper class. encourage people to roleplay better and punish the people that refuse to, rather than introduce arbitrary roadblocks which prohibit people from actually wanting to portray this shit well

people get lost in the prospects of a realistic economy but forget how detrimental a realistic economy would be for players who want to focus on roleplay instead of worrying about slaving away paychecks or business openings. quality over quantity

gta 5 is also a massive map relative to SA and you're much less likely to encounter a shitty roleplayer speeding through the projects in their pink turismo, not to say there shouldnt be consequences for doing so

so what you suggest? how it should look?

On 11/19/2021 at 1:36 AM, Kirill_Ustinov said:

But you need to remember, LS = Los Angeles, and in LA...you got shit loads of rich-spoiled people who got expensive cars, who act all rich and powerful. Believe it or not, a lot of those people exist, LA is basically birth place for that high-class rich kid "mall-rat" attitude, that shit exists. I personally call these people "plastic people", because nothing is real about these rich fools, not even their asses or tits, hehe. Frankly, long as these "rich-automobile" owners don't ruin environment by going to "South Central" (ghetto/gang hoods), I'm good with it.

While that argument holds truth, I've never in 10 years seen someone who's actually roleplayed a proper rich person without leaning towards unrealistic portrayal.  Locking exotic cars behind huge paywalls doesn't do anything, as there's always going to be people """"abusing"""" X system to gain wealth and hoard millions, it's happened on every server I've been a part of.  Some cars should just be locked behind requests and have people apply for them, if their reasoning makes sense and htey're trusted with the responsibility, let them.

Edited by Sergi

5 hours ago, Sergi said:

While that argument holds truth, I've never in 10 years seen someone who's actually roleplayed a proper rich person without leaning towards unrealistic portrayal.  Locking exotic cars behind huge paywalls doesn't do anything, as there's always going to be people """"abusing"""" X system to gain wealth and hoard millions, it's happened on every server I've been a part of.  Some cars should just be locked behind requests and have people apply for them, if their reasoning makes sense and htey're trusted with the responsibility, let them.

I hear you, but at the same time...there wasnt any possibility to portray the rich life. People could only get themself some expensive house, vehicles and roll around club scene or something fancy looking. Thing is...back on SAMP, nothing rich life felt solid. People tried to pull these concepts off, but always failed. GTA V on other hand presents that realistic environment, and not to mention...back on SAMP we lacked values for certain things. You could only purchase an expensive watch at the mall that went for 10-25k , meanwhile here...clothing system alone gonna be spread. If you wanna purchase some designer clothing, tuxedo and what not...you'll need to visit those specific stores in rich areas. And prices will be buffed up. Different stores, different clothes, different prices. Probably same would be with chains, earrings. 

GTA V simply presents that joy of richful life. Personally, we never could ace a proper social life...because we also lacked the public attention, and you get that attention by having a proper news reporting faction, laying it out and have people something to talk about. If we get a proper news faction , we could have all kind of possibilities. As its gonna put little pressure on people on getting stuff right. Either its cop chase that's being recorded by news chopper, or someone flashing cash and gets put onto some article. 

At the same time, we never experienced proper rich life because nearly every 10th person would wanna act rich after grinding shitty jobs and bought a cheetah...but we never had proper IRS. Which is a shame...if we can get news properly set up and maybe get legal faction to chip in IRS, roleplay gonna become unlimited.

(Phone)

1U8CXwc.png

uq91B3u.png

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly having people to apply for cars is ridiculous. I'd say have super-rare exotic cars put up in auctions like Xanakin suggested and the other less rare super cars should be available in dealerships but should priced accordingly so that only those who are actually rich can buy them. 

• CJ 1
  • OK 1

I offered a solution in the post below. Maintenance for exotic / super vehicles is ridiculously expensive, and a secret cost associated with owning high end vehicles. It costs approximately $1500-$2000 for a single axle brake job on an S-Class AMG (2009). Approximately $8000 total to do the whole vehicle. I drive a 2009 VW Rabbit, the brake job jost costed me $400. Imagine the exorbitant maintenance costs for Ferrarri, Rolls Royce, Ferrari. The parts will be dumb expensive, and labor for luxury is usually pricey too. 

My point is simple: there needs to be a maintenance cost (and a cause for needing maintenance, which is outlined in my post below) to help reduce the amount of super / high end cars in the lots. People will not be able to afford them without steady streams of decent income, which essentially reduces the amount of those vehicles we'll see by a significant margin. 

Edited by EYECE

• 4 weeks later...

Supercars and some sports cars need restrictions for sure. The majority of them are unfeasibly fast and shouldn't ever be available, however there are a few that should be able to be purchased without limitation and others that should be held behind a hand picked system of sorts. The auction system on SAMP was flawed as it was up to your stats versus your roleplay and any player who simply played for long enough and grinded savings could buy an Infernus.

If the server wants to handle these type of vehicles properly it should be on a case by case basis and allowed only for characters who realistically would've earnt that wealth IC'ly versus it being passed from character to character. It shouldn't have to be a 2000 word essay detailing your characters life story but a quick background on how the character earnt their money should be enough. If somebody is rich enough to afford one of these cars and has earnt their money through legitimate means then they should be notable in the server as is.

Seeing these types of vehicles should be extremely rare.

Edited by r0yal