What kind of roleplay is overratted/underrated?

Zaw

On 10/2/2021 at 1:32 PM, KnownAlmighty said:

Hobo roleplay is underrated. 

Zero emotions roleplay is overrated

Agreed. Where are the crack and heroin addicts? Ernie held down the homeless role fantastically back in the day, it would be great to see it back.

Lowkey down to earth hustle/grinding illegally, not banging or being an illegal character just because it gets you far in your faction. I'd love to see more realistically portrayed illegal characters, with actual IC motivations to be involved in these activites — What I mean is a character that isn't a sociopath or some illegal fiend just because, someone who does odd jobs or hustles sometimes because he has to pay his rent.

Edited by melt city

14 hours ago, melt city said:

Lowkey down to earth hustle/grinding illegally, not banging or being an illegal character just because it gets you far in your faction. I'd love to see more realistically portrayed illegal characters, with actual IC motivations to be involved in these activites — What I mean is a character that isn't a sociopath or some illegal fiend just because, someone who does odd jobs or hustles sometimes because he has to pay his rent.

I hear that man, a real gangster who remains humble and stacks their money in silence.

A business manager character (Focused on just that) tends to be extremely overrated and only done for moneytary (and e-rp) gain.

I feel like Police RP is underrated, as it's a decently close look at how it's done IRL and involves a lot of studying and plenty of achieving on the side. Besides that, people tend to underrate and WELL portrayed DTO, ones who actually do it like it would be done IRL and stick to their roots once they go further in dev.

19 hours ago, F0r3v3r said:

A business manager character (Focused on just that) tends to be extremely overrated and only done for moneytary (and e-rp) gain.

I feel like Police RP is underrated, as it's a decently close look at how it's done IRL and involves a lot of studying and plenty of achieving on the side. Besides that, people tend to underrate and WELL portrayed DTO, ones who actually do it like it would be done IRL and stick to their roots once they go further in dev.

pd is more overrated than federico macheda

Overrated?  Anything that's been done a billion times over and provides nothing new.

AND ROLEPLAYING A CHARACTER WITHOUT FLAWS!

Law Enforcement

your typical "gang" roleplayer

"Mallrats" or people who drive around riced up cars and don't develop their characters, just wreck into people for 16 hours.

Natasha Valentine RP

Underrated

A character living a "normal" life and nothing special. (solo rp)

Correctional Officer roleplay (not standing there and shooting inmates with rubber bullets when they start fighting, that's not even roleplay)

Prison RP in general

Roux RP (people who start businesses and hire people in-game)

Government factions, EMS, Fire, GOV, etc

Edited by Blu
  • Thumbs 1

On 10/3/2021 at 3:53 PM, Dwayne Smith said:

Underrated: television roleplay, construction roleplay, mechanic roleplay.
There are many things that are underrated and many players does it on forum, like on the court etc.

My question is: Why do players start with mobs, gangs? Illegal factions is so overrated than any legal roleplay. Start with some legal roleplay.

Easily accessible. People play gta for the racing, shooting and other action so naturally they're going to aim for that experience on a roleplay server aswell. Gangs and illegal factions are a lot easier to join than PD/SD and there's only a small percentage of players who are inclined to play as medics or passive roleplayers such as construction workers.

Too many stereotypes during gang, mafia or police roleplay. Be nice to see some real character development and I'd like to mirror the above - fear of injuries or situations. People who actually role-play fear of injuries or situations in general is hugely underrated. Unfortunately seemed to become the norm to role-play super humans despite which faction they were in which is a shame.