Sheriff's Department & You!

jack

Future Custody Deputies will be given a rundown on how prison works so that we avoid people randomly running around not knowing what to even do there. Due to us merging into LSSD some things will be different, we already have tons of ideas that we'd like to re-implement into the prison system, if you'd like to follow any updates we put out I'd suggest you to join the discord.

I'm very eager to apply for DST as soon as applications are open. Though, I'd like to pose an issue to the current leadership. I've been in LSPD on another RageMP community where the environment was tiresome due to both members and leadership's obsession with simulating the LSPD. I'd spend around four hours or more in an FTP, then around another two writing reports, but that's not a huge problem, the more pressing matter was the sheer lowkey toxic peer pressure from the members and not so constructive critique.

These members, although good roleplayers, would obsess over LAPD/LASD culture or niche things that weren't compatible with the IC environment, straight-out ignoring situations or roleplay opportunities because the real life counterparts wouldn't do so, or discouraging certain characters not because they weren't realistic, but because they didn't fit their perfect LAPD/LASD self-insert world where they are the main protagonists. I'm not kind to this level of micromanagement.

When do we acknowledge the fact that LS is NOT simulating LA but simply a source of inspiration and portrayal? As a roleplayer I'd rather value the IC environment born from the community's roleplay.

Although a wonderful roleplaying experience, it is still a game and I'd love not to feel like I'm working 9-5 for free, trying to satisfy some OCD'ing maniacs. I wouldn't call those specific players nolifers, but I'd recommend them to find something more purposeful in life, maybe touch some grass.

Edited by melt city
  • Clap 3
  • Thumbs 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, melt city said:

I'm very eager to apply for DST as soon as applications are open. Though, I'd like to pose an issue to the current leadership. I've been in LSPD on another RageMP community where the environment was tiresome due to both members and leadership's obsession with simulating the LSPD. I'd spend around four hours or more in an FTP, then around another two writing reports, but that's not a huge problem, the more pressing matter was the sheer lowkey toxic peer pressure from the members and not so constructive critique.

These members, although good roleplayers, would obsess over LAPD/LASD culture or niche things that weren't compatible with the IC environment, straight-out ignoring situations or roleplay opportunities because the real life counterparts wouldn't do so, or discouraging certain characters not because they weren't realistic, but because they didn't fit their perfect LAPD/LASD self-insert world where they are the main protagonists. I'm not kind to this level of micromanagement.

When do we acknowledge the fact that LS is NOT simulating LA but simply a source of inspiration and portrayal? As a roleplayer I'd rather value the IC environment born from the community's roleplay.

Although a wonderful roleplaying experience, it is still a game and I'd love not to feel like I'm working 9-5 for free, trying to satisfy some OCD'ing maniacs. I wouldn't call those specific players nolifers, but I'd recommend them to find something more purposeful in life, maybe touch some grass.

Executive and Command staff stated that they want to keep it realistic, but also allow people to have fun and enjoy themselves. @jack might want to say a thing or two about that.

And don't worry, we don't have that kind of mentality here. I've been on LSRPs LSSD for the past two years and I never experienced anything you mentioned above. 

Anyhow, the recruitment is going to open within 14 days of LSRP:V's launch, so I hope I see you there.

Edited by Duckling
  • Thumbs 1

• Lead Admin
4 hours ago, melt city said:

I mean I'll start by saying looking forward to see you interested.

One thing I want to do is stop that type of behaviour, although hasn't existed here I don't want it to ever become a thing, I understand this is a game and we're here to have fun, but we need to take it seriously. A 1:1 depiction of a IRL counter part isn't always an option and we will do things differently to accommodate the V universe.

We've setup our structure that what you've mentioned above, all our FTO's, Supervisory and everyone basically is here to make this as enjoyable as possible, without a toxic persona around the faction. Everything we do here is for peoples roleplay and if what we do hinders someone's roleplay then it'll be changed.

If you've any concerns or anything else you want to inform me off then let me know or my command team now.

• Love 2

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

5 hours ago, melt city said:

As mentioned above, that type of culture is not permitted within the SD. While we try to be as realistic as possible, everybody understands it's a game and we don't try to make it anything except that. We won't have people doing reports for 2+ hours like if they're in a law enforcement job in real life, and we definitely don't pressure people to roleplay how we want. The idea of trying to roleplay 1:1 with the LASD has always been stupid IMO and never gets anywhere. The LAPD/LASD fanboy mindset is just poor and just results in the game no longer being fun.

• Thumbs 1

1 hour ago, Drakos said:

We can apply right now with our character created?

Reinstatements and transfers are currently open. As in retired staff and transfers from other departments.

Per MMartin, every legal faction is required to open their recruitment process within 14 days of the server launch. Stay tuned.

1 hour ago, Spades said:

Already know you’ll get shit going in the right direction!! Excited as fuck for this to kick off!

I'm happy to see people return and reinstate back into the faction. We're moving in a good direction, but better stuff is yet to come.

Thanks for the support. :salute:

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see academies being "open-book" wise...a lot of people these days are lot older and making it during weekend and even worse, during work days...its pretty difficult. Would be neat seeing open book thing, allowing multiple people to apply and go through the field training, since that's what they'd have to do either-way, go through evaluations.

I spoke to one SD member about it, and they said it may be leaning that way...I'm just trying to keep the hopes up, checked out the SD forum and it stated the whole "group academy" thingy. 😞  "if you can't make it to these groups, don't apply", bit steep...no?

Edited by Kirill_Ustinov

1U8CXwc.png

uq91B3u.png

On 11/19/2021 at 1:43 AM, Kirill_Ustinov said:

I'd love to see academies being "open-book" wise...a lot of people these days are lot older and making it during weekend and even worse, during work days...its pretty difficult. Would be neat seeing open book thing, allowing multiple people to apply and go through the field training, since that's what they'd have to do either-way, go through evaluations.

I spoke to one SD member about it, and they said it may be leaning that way...I'm just trying to keep the hopes up, checked out the SD forum and it stated the whole "group academy" thingy. 😞  "if you can't make it to these groups, don't apply", bit steep...no?

Personally I think, the reason why they are always a group thing is because this is done IRL as well. Now I'm not trying to use this as an excuse, but I think the majority of us experienced at least one LEO faction's academy, which lasted a minimum of 2,5 hours. Imagine doing that for the few individuals that couldn't make the group sessions and all of them separately, that's another 4x2,5 hours. It's way easier to just do it in one go with most if not all of them. I still support the point of giving private academies to those that really can't make it that weekend, but in case the applicant is busy for the next few days as well then he might as well reconsider applying for that drive.

1 hour ago, Parzival777 said:

Personally I think, the reason why they are always a group thing is because this is done IRL as well. Now I'm not trying to use this as an excuse, but I think the majority of us experienced at least one LEO faction's academy, which lasted a minimum of 2,5 hours. Imagine doing that for the few individuals that couldn't make the group sessions and all of them separately, that's another 4x2,5 hours. It's way easier to just do it in one go with most if not all of them. I still support the point of giving private academies to those that really can't make it that weekend, but in case the applicant is busy for the next few days as well then he might as well reconsider applying for that drive.

I believe that academies should be NPC'd and not actually be given IC'ly, but rather have an exam that must be completed when you request this and then you'll have field trainings.

7 hours ago, xime said:

I believe that academies should be NPC'd and not actually be given IC'ly, but rather have an exam that must be completed when you request this and then you'll have field trainings.

I personally don't like the idea of this just because it cuts back on interaction between the faction itself and the community by a considerable margin. The training bureau exists primarily to "train" people coming into the faction through an IC academy and would be completely useless if the academy was NPCed entirely. Currently, we have about 24 people in the training bureau. If we took the academy out, those 24 people would end up getting knocked out of the bureau.

3 hours ago, Stefern said:

I personally don't like the idea of this just because it cuts back on interaction between the faction itself and the community by a considerable margin. The training bureau exists primarily to "train" people coming into the faction through an IC academy and would be completely useless if the academy was NPCed entirely. Currently, we have about 24 people in the training bureau. If we took the academy out, those 24 people would end up getting knocked out of the bureau.

Doesn't have to, they could be taking the new people out on patrols and teach them stuff, have them go through a program where they need to complete specific things. It's just an idea tho idk.

22 minutes ago, xime said:

Doesn't have to, they could be taking the new people out on patrols and teach them stuff, have them go through a program where they need to complete specific things. It's just an idea tho idk.

You're talking about the field training program, which we also already have.

In my honest opinion and as a member of the Sheriff's Department who's had to endure 4+ hr long academies in the past, there still needs to be an IC section about academies and not completely make them forum based, certain stuff can be left out of the IC academy itself since well, realistically, the LASD's academy is a 22 week program and it is not feasible to teach everything in the manual and each procedure through in-game means, I just think that's a thing of the past and it's cumbersome both for attendees and conducting instructors.  HOWEVER, I've always envisioned it as there should be a section where basic procedures and most common stuff is taught IC and the rest is NPC'd, the students are given the material they'd realistically learn during those 22 weeks and then, they take the exam, it encourages actual IC interaction and getting to meet the recruits but still doesn't force them to have to endure such long academies that, let's be honest, are just tiring and boring, and most of the time people don't actually pay attention to them / it's just a bunch of regurgitating procedures.

• Thumbs 1

• Lead Admin

Due to structural change within the Faction with us now incorporating the prison/jail into Sheriff's our academy for new people joining the faction is changed, meaning you won't be learning everything during the initial recruitment anyway.

You'll mainly be learning the basics and everything surrounding custody RP. Only once you've got past this you'll then join something called Patrol School and here is where you'll go through everything surrounding patrolling and all the policies and procedures.

This is prevent over-bloating people with information and expecting them to learn everything from the academy. How we're going around the academy is still undecided right now, we need to look into the logistics of it.

Once you get accepted into our academy, you should be going through the manuals and getting caught up on we do things ready for playing. But at the moment it'll be trial and error for how it works indefinitely. Once the server is open and we've done 1 or 2 recruitment drives, we'll evaluate how it went and work on the process to ensure it's smooth for everyone involved.

• Thumbs 1

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA