Sheriff's Department & You!

jack

• Lead Admin

I've recently became Sheriff of the Los Santos Sheriff's Department and I want to reach out to the wider community on what you'd like to see come out of this department!

As you may or may not know, Sheriff's has absorbed DCR and we will be managing the prison/jail along side the old DCR leadership, so if you've any questions, concerns, suggestions or anything then let me know.

Also let this thread be somewhere to voice ideas and suggestions regarding the Sheriff's Department as a whole as I'm always looking for feedback to make the faction a great place for the community.

If your interested in the Sheriff's Department you can join our discord by joining our forums and read up any information we have available and new & upcoming news as we edge closer to launch!

Can't wait to hear from you!

LSSD Forum

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

3 hours ago, Gallagher said:

is there a prison and a jail? 

Currently the Los Santos Sheriff's Department has a wing dedicated to the jail system that used to be the DCR. So yes, there is a prison. 

Also, the leadership of the faction created a Discord area which is dedicated to inmates so you may join our Discord server!

ga

• Lead Admin
28 minutes ago, roskeii said:

Awesome! My best memories of the SASD / LSSD was the CSU and Recruitment Unit was such good fun.

I know CSU was disbanded a while ago but hopefully it’ll make a return! 

Whereas CSU is not longer a thing as such, we have the SEB which has different teams and details under it which is somewhat similar, have to join to find out 😉

7 hours ago, KnownAlmighty said:

More like how they'll operate with the prison system too. It'll be interesting. 

The prison part of the faction is going to be a separate entity. There is separate command and supervisory staff, as well as custody officer ranks. Of course, Sheriff's field staff may request a secondary assignment as a custody officer. 

There isn't much to complicate. As far as I know, it is going to operate the same way SADCR did before, except it's going to be a part of the Sheriff's Department. That way LSSD staff may assist in custody work and make prison role play more active and enjoyable to the illegal side.

14 hours ago, Rising Dust said:

I wonder how the faction will be managed on this V platform.

Nothing much has changed apart from the fact that SADCR got merged with SD (Post above; a further explanation of it). The faction is building up slowly in members as people began to reinstate and involve themselves in the department again. 

If you are interested in recruiting yourself in the Sheriff's Department, there has been a notice a few weeks prior by MMartin. Legal factions are required to open their recruitment processes up to fourteen days after the server launch. Keep up with our forums. Hit me up on discord if you need any further assistance. duckling#1111

The forums of the Sheriff's Department are open to the general public. You may register if you will: https://sheriff.lsgov.us

The phase 1 of the recruitment process has already began. If you are a retired field staff member, you may post a reinstatement topic.

Hit me up on discord, duckling#1111 if any assistance is required.

• Lead Admin
On 10/4/2021 at 2:03 AM, Rising Dust said:

I wonder how the faction will be managed on this V platform.

Day to day operations will be the same as they previously were, with a active Executive and Command team.

The only reason difference and change is the merger of DCR which has went well for the most part. 

We’ve created a new division within Sheriffs called Custody Division, that the old leadership of DCR and myself will be overseeing.

I am welcome to any feedback, suggestions or issues the community has or had in the past, I’ll clear things up if needed.

As it stands right now, Custody will be separate from the patrol operations but welcomes everyone in the faction to RP there.

We are still defining the specific recruitment road plan, but the most part we have made a plan going forward.

We will have 1 line of recruitment in the faction and you’ll start off as a “Custody Deputy” and within this period you will RP within the prison/jail and after a certain amount of time (to be confirmed) you’ll be allowed to move on to patrol or continue down the custody path, this way we can keep custody as active as we can.

This is still subject to change and tweaked as we edge closer to launch, but I’ll happily answer any questions you or the community has.

Thanks for showing interest within the Sheriffs Department!

11 minutes ago, jack said:

We will have 1 line of recruitment in the faction and you’ll start off as a “Custody Deputy” and within this period you will RP within the prison/jail and after a certain amount of time (to be confirmed) you’ll be allowed to move on to patrol or continue down the custody path, this way we can keep custody as active as we can.

Interesting to see Custody Deputies brought in early especially as the first stepping stone into the department (unless I'm mistaken and you mean there's two lines, one being for Custody Deputy and one for Patrol Deputy). If it is one line and that being everyone starts in Custody, that's a tad worrying considering we don't know what the playerbase will be like as well as the consistent population of the jail/prison. Jail/prison roleplay can be pretty niche and can also depend on the script/features available so I'm hoping there would be quite a bit there as well to encourage further roleplay.

• Lead Admin
2 hours ago, Farrell said:

Interesting to see Custody Deputies brought in early especially as the first stepping stone into the department (unless I'm mistaken and you mean there's two lines, one being for Custody Deputy and one for Patrol Deputy). If it is one line and that being everyone starts in Custody, that's a tad worrying considering we don't know what the playerbase will be like as well as the consistent population of the jail/prison. Jail/prison roleplay can be pretty niche and can also depend on the script/features available so I'm hoping there would be quite a bit there as well to encourage further roleplay.

We've got that in mind and if we see the need we'll shift the recruitment plan from 1 line to 2 lines. But a lot is depending on how the Prison RP is going to be, as you said its a niche and not everyone wants to do it. We'll monitor how the launch goes and we'll makes those changes depending on the outcome. The prison/jail script is still in discussion/development so I can't comment on that at the moment. I want to do my best to not neglect prison/jail RP from a legal perspective as it has been in the past.

• Thumbs 1
  • Love 1