Sheriff's Department & You!

jack

My opinion is that the in-game academy is a necessary process that every recruit should go through. Mainly under a group environment with other recruits and Training Bureau personnel.

Settling in is a very important step into joining the Sheriff's Department. I'm thinking that it's way better to make a recruit feel comfortable and get a better grasp of their actions on the field by doing Custody and Patrol school roleplay, instead of removing the whole academy and throw them on the street where they have to do Field Training Patrols with FTOs (Field Training Officers) that take it seriously and don't allow many mistakes, ultimately leading to a bad interaction with the trainee and leaving them anxious and scared of the future DORs (Daily Observational Patrol).

Leaving some room for recruits to experience some fun roleplay during the classes and during custody would settle them the best and make a prime deputy out of them.

Some find the academy classes where you go over the manuals lenghty and boring, but contrary to that, the Training Bureau gets valuable information. Example would be whether the recruit receives information well, how they behave, their roleplay quality and engagement. That being said, stay active even during classes, the /me's and chats are being tracked and you will be graded internally and eventually booted out if you don't meet the requirements.

We've had the academies and the Training Bureau for the longest time and it's one of the key aspects in our faction. I wouldn't never consider a removal.

What if somebody has a busy schedule during the academic hours. People got jobs, some paying their own bills. Not to mention, people take extra shifts to keep their jobs. This Covid shit ain't made it easy on people keeping jobs, and some people wish to RP a deputy. They could pull their hours...after their work hours.

Question here is...will there be private academies for people who couldn't make it into the academy date. Instead of just "Sucks to be you, you should of joined us decade ago". Its easy to say it when your part of a faction for numerous years, what about new people...what's gonna be the compromise here. 

And umm...if you got 20 people in academic division, private academies for certain individuals shouldn't be a problem. And that's coming from an experience, I used to train multiple people...2-3 hour sessions with each one...but that depends on a person, if he or she is willing to give a damn about simple life circumstance.

I'm supportive with the IG academy, show and tell...its just a question of compromise. You cant expect people ditch their work for academy, even so..those people would be active after their work hours. What's the strategy for that? Keep in mind, we ain't 16 anymore. A lot of people here are over 25 and got everyday shit. What's the flexible act here.

(Phone)

Edited by Kirill_Ustinov

1U8CXwc.png

uq91B3u.png

47 minutes ago, Kirill_Ustinov said:

What if somebody has a busy schedule during the academic hours. People got jobs, some paying their own bills. Not to mention, people take extra shifts to keep their jobs. This Covid shit ain't made it easy on people keeping jobs, and some people wish to RP a deputy. They could pull their hours...after their work hours.

Question here is...will there be private academies for people who couldn't make it into the academy date. Instead of just "Sucks to be you, you should of joined us decade ago". Its easy to say it when your part of a faction for numerous years, what about new people...what's gonna be the compromise here. 

And umm...if you got 20 people in academic division, private academies for certain individuals shouldn't be a problem. And that's coming from an experience, I used to train multiple people...2-3 hour sessions with each one...but that depends on a person, if he or she is willing to give a damn about simple life circumstance.

I'm supportive with the IG academy, show and tell...its just a question of compromise. You cant expect people ditch their work for academy, even so..those people would be active after their work hours. What's the strategy for that? Keep in mind, we ain't 16 anymore. A lot of people here are over 25 and got everyday shit. What's the flexible act here.

(Phone)

I have work just about every day of the week and I’ve been getting stuck with 16 hour shifts lately, but that doesn’t really stop me. The academies are typically scheduled on days that people don’t have real life commitments that they have to tend to. The academy instructors have real life commitments like any other person here, so I personally don’t think scheduling is going to be a problem. And as far as I’m aware, private academies have always been a thing for people that couldn’t attend the scheduled sessions. 

• Thumbs 1
  • OK 2

3 hours ago, Kirill_Ustinov said:

(Phone)

Read my reply, I've mentioned that private academies can be held for people that can't make the pre-set dates.

• Thumbs 1

21 hours ago, xime said:

I believe that academies should be NPC'd and not actually be given IC'ly, but rather have an exam that must be completed when you request this and then you'll have field trainings.

The reason why LEO factions have academies is the same reason we don't expect you to know the manual 100% at the start. You learn everything from purely roleplaying with members, it's the same thing you do on the academy, yes you have to read and understand what the instructors are saying in case you need to talk, but other than that most of it is basic roleplay.

36 minutes ago, realwale said:

Hey, first of all, good luck! Roleplaying an sd, especially within this enormous GTA V world must be fun 🙂 Are you guys planning to open the recruitment process soon ?

Hello, the recruitment process will be open within the first two weeks from the opening date.

ga

1 hour ago, Jit said:

Please do not change anything having to do with the academy.

Arguably the best part is the beginning.

I have the same opinion regarding academies. Sadly, I'm not part of the Training Bureau, but as far as I know the academy will stay the same way it was on SAMP.

We're also striving to expand the academy with some other courses to provide a more immersive and eventful experience for our upcoming colleagues.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Zachh said:

There's a lot of talk about implementing a solid, functioning, LS High School. Great opportunity for a School Resource Officer division for SD.

That is a nice idea. I don't think that there will be a working High School at the beginning, but it would be nice having something like that if one opens down the line.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:11 PM, FinesseGod said:

I'd actually like to see this tbh.

In regards to the school resource officers thing, this is something that we will not be doing in the early stages of the RageMP launch but we can look at later down the line.

Our main priority right now is to make sure we have the faction running smoothly before we can make any changes and/or additions to the faction.

• Thumbs 1
  • OK 1

giphy.gif

On 12/7/2021 at 1:16 AM, Brasi said:

In regards to the school resource officers thing, this is something that we will not be doing in the early stages of the RageMP launch but we can look at later down the line.

Our main priority right now is to make sure we have the faction running smoothly before we can make any changes and/or additions to the faction.

Absolutely! In general, I think it'll be pretty dope if it's possible. Nonetheless, I agree making sure that everything is 100% operational, should be top priority.  

• Strong 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 1:30 PM, Jerome said:

As mentioned above, that type of culture is not permitted within the SD. While we try to be as realistic as possible, everybody understands it's a game and we don't try to make it anything except that. We won't have people doing reports for 2+ hours like if they're in a law enforcement job in real life, and we definitely don't pressure people to roleplay how we want. The idea of trying to roleplay 1:1 with the LASD has always been stupid IMO and never gets anywhere. The LAPD/LASD fanboy mindset is just poor and just results in the game no longer being fun.

Amen..but what if someone LIKES doing reports. Can they? 😂

On 11/18/2021 at 6:43 PM, Kirill_Ustinov said:

I'd love to see academies being "open-book" wise...a lot of people these days are lot older and making it during weekend and even worse, during work days...its pretty difficult. Would be neat seeing open book thing, allowing multiple people to apply and go through the field training, since that's what they'd have to do either-way, go through evaluations.

I spoke to one SD member about it, and they said it may be leaning that way...I'm just trying to keep the hopes up, checked out the SD forum and it stated the whole "group academy" thingy. 😞  "if you can't make it to these groups, don't apply", bit steep...no?

If the academies are like they used to be - the exams were open book. There were documents to read prior to attending academies as well that covered a lot of info. While we in RU didnt allow tabbing back and forth or having the documents open during the academy...I personally OOC encouraged people to copy the info into a word document or something they could reference. 

On 11/24/2021 at 7:51 AM, jack said:

Due to structural change within the Faction with us now incorporating the prison/jail into Sheriff's our academy for new people joining the faction is changed, meaning you won't be learning everything during the initial recruitment anyway.

You'll mainly be learning the basics and everything surrounding custody RP. Only once you've got past this you'll then join something called Patrol School and here is where you'll go through everything surrounding patrolling and all the policies and procedures.

This is prevent over-bloating people with information and expecting them to learn everything from the academy. How we're going around the academy is still undecided right now, we need to look into the logistics of it.

Once you get accepted into our academy, you should be going through the manuals and getting caught up on we do things ready for playing. But at the moment it'll be trial and error for how it works indefinitely. Once the server is open and we've done 1 or 2 recruitment drives, we'll evaluate how it went and work on the process to ensure it's smooth for everyone involved.

When we switched to the multi day academies ages ago, that's why we put the documents on the forum. Our main thing IG was interacting with the recruits and doing practical things IG that we didn't want anyone claiming they weren't shown - while back then it was basic laws, arrests, driving, traffic stops, first aid...in the new one could easily be things like...first aid, detainment, how to search a cell - with leaving the field stuff as a required learning when making the transition from custody to patrol. That way they're realistically ready to help their FTO day 1 if needed. Just spitballing ideas. I loved RU back in the day, and spent a lot of time helping create the original multi day academies. 

Also RE: private academies. They're super easy to schedule and manage. They go quicker than groups as well. Anyone who says they're boring from an RU side shouldn't be in RU imo. 

• OK 1

On 12/29/2021 at 8:15 PM, Fiendfyre said:

Amen..but what if someone LIKES doing reports. Can they? 😂

Well you're free to write reports. They exist obviously, however you aren't forced to do them. There are some divisional requirements for specific fields internally where you're required to do forum work such as the detective section, field training officers and any other role under the administrative side of the faction.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 1:20 AM, jack said:

I've recently became Sheriff of the Los Santos Sheriff's Department and I want to reach out to the wider community on what you'd like to see come out of this department!

As you may or may not know, Sheriff's has absorbed DCR and we will be managing the prison/jail along side the old DCR leadership, so if you've any questions, concerns, suggestions or anything then let me know.

Also let this thread be somewhere to voice ideas and suggestions regarding the Sheriff's Department as a whole as I'm always looking for feedback to make the faction a great place for the community.

If your interested in the Sheriff's Department you can join our discord by joining our forums and read up any information we have available and new & upcoming news as we edge closer to launch!

Can't wait to hear from you!

LSSD Forum

I'm so late to the party here, but so excited that the SD is still gonna be around. Used to love RP with the SD out of the city.

I may alt up and make an SD character. Maybe. I'd be interested in seeing how the SD and PD differ on here - there were a lot of cultural differences back when I played actively but who knows how things look nowadays. 

Good luck with managing the prison too!

• Love 1

Sal 

Ex-staff

8 hours ago, Allegra said:

I'm so late to the party here, but so excited that the SD is still gonna be around. Used to love RP with the SD out of the city.

I may alt up and make an SD character. Maybe. I'd be interested in seeing how the SD and PD differ on here - there were a lot of cultural differences back when I played actively but who knows how things look nowadays. 

Good luck with managing the prison too!

The recruitments will start after launch. No set date as far as I am concerned. But it should be a week or two after launch. We would need to sort ourselves out first, in order to properly introduce new trainees.

I hope that I will see your name during the application process. 

• Thumbs 1

On 12/2/2021 at 9:50 PM, Duckling said:

I have the same opinion regarding academies. Sadly, I'm not part of the Training Bureau, but as far as I know the academy will stay the same way it was on SAMP.

We're also striving to expand the academy with some other courses to provide a more immersive and eventful experience for our upcoming colleagues.

Nah it won't be the same as SAMP at all, well some infos may remain the same of course, but in general, things will change with a new hiring process, new classes, new infos and more traditions, It's more than just an "academy".

I'll break the spoil track here and let the members explore these new stuff by themselves.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...