What's missing on the forum?

Mmartin

• Management

Hello,

Since we're opening the forum up to the general public shortly, we're wondering which sections are missing that should be added. Bare in mind we only want to add forums that make sense right now, so Player Reports / Bug Reports / Suggestions etc wouldn't make sense until the launch.

Thanks!

Perhaps an internet subforum? But that purely depends on whether we're gonna keep all websites in-game via phone script or have them here as well. If we're gonna do both it be nice to have ahead of launch so people could prepare things for their faction/roleplay and would also make things look generally more appealing. 

Downloads and Gallery IPB module. Useful for people to have a trusted source of download and a secure place where they can upload images. Also helpful for IPB security as you may want to block external images and SEO as the database grows. In my opinion it´s worth the money long term.

Edited by ShelbyOne

C2Ra4z0.png

1 hour ago, nova said:

Perhaps an internet subforum? But that purely depends on whether we're gonna keep all websites in-game via phone script or have them here as well. If we're gonna do both it be nice to have ahead of launch so people could prepare things for their faction/roleplay and would also make things look generally more appealing. 

All the in-game websites really should be accessible outside the game on LSRP's domain. That would be an amazing feature but if not, a forum for the in-game internet would be fine too.

Edited by Bluman

42 minutes ago, ShelbyOne said:

Downloads and Gallery IPB module. Useful for people to have a trusted source of download and a secure place where they can upload images. Also helpful for IPB security as you may want to block external images and SEO as the database grows. In my opinion it´s worth the money long term.

I can see the value in the gallery module for sure, but that's probably not something that'll be required until launch imo since there won't be much to showcase until then. With the downloads module if we're talking about trusted downloads it's probably much more sensible to just share anything that's needed via a CDN on a forum topic.

I'd love to see the gallery module on launch though.

• Thumbs 1

spacer.png

POLICE DEPUTY CHIEF JOSEPH GARCIA

Chief of Detectives

LS-RP Developer

• Management

- I've added a description for the country field. It could be made into a select element yes, I can do that at some point. (Btw, where'd you like the flag to show? For now it only shows on the Team page)

- I've added a Foreign section; staff members & insiders can apply to add & mod a language

- I've added a few more sections into the Showcase forum

We'll have a look at the other ideas later.

• Lead Admin
5 hours ago, Mmartin said:

- I've added a description for the country field. It could be made into a select element yes, I can do that at some point. (Btw, where'd you like the flag to show? For now it only shows on the Team page)

Optional choice to have it next to name, on all threads, replies etc.

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

• More headbanners
  • Section: Descriptions ( obviously it goes under an eventual "In Character" category ).
  • Descriptions' Subsections: Environment, Internet, Newspaper Articles, Characters, Advertising and Advertisements.
  • A legend of the groups at the bottom of the page ( don't know if it is possible but it would be useful ).
  • Custom icons for each section ( it would be cool if they were GTA themed just like ranks, you know )
  • Captions should be added for all forum sections visible on the forum's homepage ( so caption under section "Factions", "General Discussion" etc.. because even if sometimes the title may be self-explanatory, it would be useful for new users approaching this "world" for the first time ).
  • Add information just like Discord Contact and IG-Name under the post-profile
Edited by Mikee

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

59 minutes ago, ImpossibleProphet said:

not sure if its been suggested yet, but a guides section.

https://community.ls-rp.com/forums/forum/97-guides/

It's a Player Support's subsection. I don't know if its proper use is to allow users to post their own guides or maybe they will use this section to post official guides written by staff members.

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

• jack pinned this topic