What's missing on the forum?

Mmartin

1 hour ago, Nightmare. said:

Access to the old one somewhere. 

Access to the old forum is planned. However, for the time being the priority is getting the gamemode and all other development related projects to a point where the server can launch. Mmartin will likely provide an update on this somepoint soon.

spacer.png

POLICE DEPUTY CHIEF JOSEPH GARCIA

Chief of Detectives

LS-RP Developer

23 hours ago, Smally said:

Access to the old forum is planned. However, for the time being the priority is getting the gamemode and all other development related projects to a point where the server can launch. Mmartin will likely provide an update on this somepoint soon.

Just as long as it doesn't get forgot about. Too many memories and work on them.

S/O EHC & Oldschool OG's

Montell "Telly" Carter - Gutters Own

• 2 weeks later...

Badges, that along would drive DAU to the forum. For example, a day streak badge where you login for 30 consecutive days. Badges could be for events, milestones in the community, even a badge for users from SAMP - wouldn't be too difficult to request date of forum account created from the old site.

• 4 weeks later...

1)The ability to choose between dark display and light display
Tbh the current display is not my favorite.

2)The ability to toggle side windows like announcements and twitter

3)Removing the birthday window because I’ve been seeing this feature in many forums since 2006 and I’m telling you it never served any real purpose

4)The member statistics can be put in the bottom instead of having a window of its own, and in the same character size as the copyright claim. Same thing for the "newest member" window, both informations can actually be put in one small (not too small) sentence in the bottom of the page.

5)Using actually smaller windows and smaller character size for forums…

6)On the home page I can access to discord with at least 3 different clicks and one of them is a very big window in the bottom. I think that’s too much.

To be less precise, I just feel that the forum is too dark and too condensed bcuz it’s too big and with many useless features.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can we get a section to find new people to rp with? Personally no use for it right now but finding people to make a faction or roleplay family members or whatever would be a lot simpler than hitting up your same OOC friends constantly.

Also please let us have longer profile pics and an option to remove the "rank" thing.

also give verified samp veterans a badge with year of joining so i can flex on these youngins

• 2 weeks later...

I think that someone's mentioned advertising already and I think that's weirdly gonna be important even before the actual launch... 'cause you could put up events and promote them ahead of time. For instance, I was thinking of doing some kind of community BBQ or something just to get people together in one place and RPing together. 

I know that's sort of counting chickens because it's reliant on a smooth launch, but still I think there's no harm in getting something like that up. Or perhaps it's the case that these things will be purely promoted in game on Twatter and the likes? Or some kind of in-game public calendar? Still reading through the announcements and obvs not privy to all the features.

Sal 

Ex-staff

• 2 weeks later...