UFC Discussions

Mikee

Jon Jones is GOAT?

He proved repeatedly that he is scared to fight, and that’s why UFC had enough and removed him from P4P.

He is injecting himself with shit, how can you even consider him as one of the GOAT? He is good, but not close to be GOAT. Getting himself arrested so he can run from fights with good excuses probably.

McGregor’s fighting style is outdated IMO. I don’t know why he switched from karate stance but even that won’t help him.

How is Khabib trash? He fought every opponent he got offered. Dangerous fighters in their prime like Dustin, Conor, Justin, RDA, Barboza and so on. Please don’t come and talk shit and say he is trash. In his total MMA career he lost maybe 1-2 rounds that is CRAZY of a record of 29-0 and the way he beaten fighters like Dustin and Justin only

shows how scary dangerous he is. GOAT or not, that can be discussed. But he came in goal with much more than just title defenses. 29-0 barely lost any rounds, dominated every opponent in every field, dude never bled in a fight lol

Dude typically Conor fans they don’t look at statistics and facts. Just because Khabib swung Conor around in Octagon then he is trash. I’m Khabib fan too but I still say that Conor wasn’t trash a few years ago, but he was trash in his last 3 fights.

7 minutes ago, Zagros said:

Dude typically Conor fans they don’t look at statistics and facts. Just because Khabib swung Conor around in Octagon then he is trash. I’m Khabib fan too but I still say that Conor wasn’t trash a few years ago, but he was trash in his last 3 fights.

Has nothing to do with Connor? Nobody even mentioned any statistics or facts so dunno where that came from either. 

A lot of new fighters looking promising Chimaev is fighting again soon, in interested to see how far Pimblett gets on too.

On 9/26/2021 at 10:40 AM, Mikee said:

Adesanya is one of my favorite fighters too. He is humble even in case of victory and I like his fighting style. Anyway I agree with you, he will beat Whittaker.

As long as Adesanya stays at middleweight he'll be unstoppable 

43 minutes ago, Mikee said:

Khabib trains him. Do you know it?

Means nothing. Khabib’s record came from fighting a bunch of nobodies. He’s only had maybe 4 or 5 high profile fights where he fought an actual contender. He retired when he got his belt. How many title defenses he got? His striking was nowhere near as good as people make it out to be and all he did was hug people until they were too tired then tapped. Good record but does it actually mean anything? Prime GSP would have ended him.

1 hour ago, Zagros said:

Jon Jones is GOAT?

Getting himself arrested so he can run from fights with good excuses probably.

McGregor’s fighting style is outdated IMO. I don’t know why he switched from karate stance but even that won’t help him.

Dunno where you get the idea of him getting arrested to avoid fights from? He wasn’t even scheduled to fight before his latest arrest and I personally think that has nothing to do with what he does inside the octagon. He just doesn’t know how to stay out of trouble, there’s plenty of previous and current fighters doing the same they just aren’t as high profile as Jones. 

also I wouldn’t say mcgregor’s style is out of date, more like he’s fragile and well behind his days as a fighter. he’ll keep booking fights though because it makes the money and ufc won’t turn down that kind of opportunity

12 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Means nothing. Khabib’s record came from fighting a bunch of nobodies. He’s only had maybe 4 or 5 high profile fights where he fought an actual contender. He retired when he got his belt. How many title defenses he got? His striking was nowhere near as good as people make it out to be and all he did was hug people until they were too tired then tapped. Good record but does it actually mean anything? Prime GSP would have ended him.

He didn’t retire without a reason. I mean, his father died and before to join UFC he promised his mother that he would have fought only if there was his father next to him. I mean, he is a man who cares about words, a man of honor.

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

40 minutes ago, Jerome said:

if you think he “hugs people” then you don’t know much about MMA wrestling/grappling.

everytime Khabib got offered a contender as a champion people would always hype up and say “he will finish Khabib this time” and yet again Khabib always proved the opposite.

it’s so ignorant to say “GSP prime would have ended him”. The way Khabib dominated his opponents no one have ever done that.

and you saying he fought nobodies… know what I’m not even gonna respond to it matter of fact

I get that Khabib hasn't got as many title defences as others and fans question his GOAT status - totally fine, everyone's entitled to have an opinion but calling him thrash is just ridiculous/disrespectful. He manhandled all/most of the best fighters in the division, his ground game is incredible and the opposite of the typical hugger, all his recent fights he kept putting pressure on his opponents and attacking on the ground in every (or almost every) round rather than just laying on there and waiting for it to end.  

As for Bones, it's a shame he can't sort his life out and is wasting his talent. Could've easily been undisputed GOAT but I guess getting arrested is more fun. His fighting IQ is out of this planet though, if there's one person that can beat Francis (apart from Gane) it's defo Bones. Even DC didn't mind admitting that and he hates JJ lol.

Well perhaps someone did not follow the sport enough in order to hear about a undefeated prospect with high level wrestling in order to hear about him.:D TMZ Fans

GSP had his title shot in his third fight.  Khabib got it in his 10th.
Got lit up by Penn on his feet, tapped to strikes against Matt and submitted by Hughes. Gifted a victory over Hendricks. I feel like it's a bunch of newtards trying to act like they know anything by talking trash about the current era fighters and overrating the previous ones.

Edited by brexpiprazole

• 1 month later...

Makhachev and Chimaev are about to take over the game. Just recently started paying attention to Islam but have been a fan of Khamzat since his UFC debut. My favorites are Suga and D-Brun though, and waiting for AJ Fletcher to make his debut. 

On 10/6/2021 at 4:45 AM, jack said:

I'm late to the part but yeah, Khabib is not a goat. You didn't hear of him until McGregor made him known:shrug:

Only if you don't pay attention to UFC, McGregor was a pretty sizable underdog coming into that fight. He's a wrestler, and a solid one, and casual fans don't want to get behind a wrestler. He beat all the current LW greats, and pretty easily too, I don't know if he's the goat, but I don't know what else he needs to do to be up there. I mean the guy literally let his submission on Gaethje go in the middle of a title fight because he didn't want to beat him too horrifically Infront of his family lol

On 9/26/2021 at 2:51 AM, elgreco said:

I personally always supported McGregor and always will, I like his style, attitude, everything. He can hype up people really good and that is good for a sport like that. However, the injury was unfortunate but I do not think it would be appropriate to have a third match (fourth if you count the one they played back in 2014).

He's still the goat, I don't care what anyone says.

But, UFC has just moved away from his style, No one in their right mind (except Max Holloway) is going to stand and throw with him for an entire match.

Also he's just to small for the 175 division, he walks around at that weight until recently after that match apparently. But before walking around at 175 and then fighting guys who are cutting from 190-200lbs just isn't ideal.

Other than that, he's a great role model when it comes to turning your life from nothing into something. Guy went from a plumber making and working in shit to a a billionaire in 10 years (according to him he'll be one when he's 35 and his first match was 2013.)

The Greatest of all time is Jon Jones

The best fighter right now is Adesayana.

Most notarized fighter right now is Usman. (Izzy spanks him though)

The only people that say Jon Jones isn't the GOAT are people who just don't like him lol, people say anything when they dislike someone. (it's obvious when you choose to attack him for his personal life and not what he does for his career, get your life in check first before you bash another person)

Champion at 23, 11 title defenses and never beaten... Imagine what the world and some of these kids in here would be saying if someone like Khabib did this.

You'd never hear the end of it. Quit speaking with your feelings and try to speak with logic. Jon Jones fought legends throughout his career as well and walked the dog on everyone.

That being said, No one in LW was beating Khabib like ever, but Khabib knew better than to step it up a weight class and anyone saying otherwise is a casual.

No one in their right mind can say Khabib is beating Usman at 175 without admitting they're a super fanboy and not fond of realism and logic.

Also you can't put Khabib over double champs in goat terms something he would of never been able to accomplish especially in 175 where almost EVERYONE in that top 8-10ish range is a gifted Olympic, D1/D2 wrestler with accolades to match.

Edited by Jit

17 hours ago, Jit said:

The Greatest of all time is Jon Jones

The best fighter right now is Adesayana.

Most notarized fighter right now is Usman. (Izzy spanks him though)

The only people that say Jon Jones isn't the GOAT are people who just don't like him lol, people say anything when they dislike someone. (it's obvious when you choose to attack him for his personal life and not what he does for his career, get your life in check first before you bash another person)

Champion at 23, 11 title defenses and never beaten... Imagine what the world and some of these kids in here would be saying if someone like Khabib did this.

You'd never hear the end of it. Quit speaking with your feelings and try to speak with logic. Jon Jones fought legends throughout his career as well and walked the dog on everyone.

That being said, No one in LW was beating Khabib like ever, but Khabib knew better than to step it up a weight class and anyone saying otherwise is a casual.

No one in their right mind can say Khabib is beating Usman at 175 without admitting they're a super fanboy and not fond of realism and logic.

Also you can't put Khabib over double champs in goat terms something he would of never been able to accomplish especially in 175 where almost EVERYONE in that top 8-10ish range is a gifted Olympic, D1/D2 wrestler with accolades to match.

Finally somebody summed it up perfectly although the only fight I personally think he lost was to Dominick Reyes

On 11/30/2021 at 10:23 PM, Jit said:

This is exactly the same reason applied to the only people that claim Khabib isn't a goat though. They don't want to admit that he's good, because they don't like his fighting style. Who would y'all say is the wrestling goat then? Daniel Cormier? Because he was double champ? Even he has said Khabib was better than him, and he believes Khabib is the best fighter of all time. So now what?

6 hours ago, Zachh said:

This is exactly the same reason applied to the only people that claim Khabib isn't a goat though. They don't want to admit that he's good, because they don't like his fighting style. Who would y'all say is the wrestling goat then? Daniel Cormier? Because he was double champ? Even he has said Khabib was better than him, and he believes Khabib is the best fighter of all time. So now what?

Jon dominated for YEARS. Top contender age 19-22 (which is unheard of now), world champion age 23 (this is a world record and will probably not be broken for YEARS or ever), fought the best his entire career and has never been beaten. You’re honestly overly biased and a casual if you don’t think khabib’s record is DRASTICALLY padded. His true reign was from 2018 (Conor fight) to oct 24th 2020 (his last bout the) Gathje fight. How are you the GOAT with a reign of 2 years. Especially over people like Jon Jones who has 11 title defenses, Cormier who was unbeatable until Jon jones and is also a double champ, hell Amanda nunes has dominated and hasn’t lost since 2014 and is also a double champ

you don’t know the the difference between the goat (not “a” goat theirs only one) and someone who’s better or more talented. Greatness is accolades and accomplishments, better is talent/skill. The GOAT of something is usually not the most gifted just someone who had the best career. Example Lebron James is a more talented overall basketball player than Jordan, Only thing Jordan has is the 6-0 finals record so people will wildly call him the goat.

khabib is the LW goat and the peoples champ and that’s it. That’s why he continues to even exist in the goat topic.

go watch a kamaru Usman or a Izzy adesayna fight and tell me honestly if you think khabib is beating either of those guys 😅

Edited by Jit

Also I’ve not once said Khabib isn’t good either, even called him unbeatable at lightweight in any and every era we’ve ever seen no lw fighter could beat him. But a 2 year reign and how good and technical MMA is now he’s not beating a top 175 and up fighter especially not with his style by throwing a few faints and then diving for their legs go look up the wrestling backgrounds of top 175ers all Olympian’s and D1 wrestlers now put elite level striking ontop. It’s just not happening.

I never said Jon Jones wasn't a goat either.. you're the one talking about how there can only be one, there's never one goat, people almost always talk about like top 5 in the mma community, it's so hard to tell. How am I casual, a casual would base decisions off records lol so many (maybe majority?) of current and ex-UFC fighters call Khabib elite because you can see how good someone is from how they fight. Again, Jon Jones is a goat too, but he also went to decision against all the top fighters, while Khabib started dominating top opponents and finishing all of them with ease, it's clear he's one of the best. But I do think Ciryl Gane is a new goat, and if Jon fights again, that's who he'll lose to, personally. ??Watch Izzy?? Izzy got wrestled by Jan  Blachowicz and couldn't do anything the whole fight.. need I say Jan got outwrestled by Glover, and you think Izzy would win against Khabib?? I'm not even a Khabib fan either, I said my favorite fighters above, but it's just pretty obvious how good he was, I guess Makhachev will just continue it now anyway though.