Football Discussions

CLB

• 2 weeks later...

Football way too crazy for me as a Eintracht Frankfurt fan. 
We had some pretty much game and are about to win the group in the Europa League while we're facing the descent in the national leaque.

A shame that Messi is playing for Paris. CBA to watch his matches because of that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 1:30 PM, vis said:

you think letting Bielsa go was the right call?

Yes. He was going to go in the end of the season anyway, regardless of if our fans wanted it or not. Jesse is doing well and he's getting through to the players, alongside building their confidence again as it was completely gone towards the end of Biesla.

Would love him to still be involved in the club somehow, just because of everything he done for us.

S/O EHC & Oldschool OG's

Montell "Telly" Carter - Gutters Own

On 3/20/2022 at 6:19 PM, Nightmare. said:

Yes. He was going to go in the end of the season anyway, regardless of if our fans wanted it or not. Jesse is doing well and he's getting through to the players, alongside building their confidence again as it was completely gone towards the end of Biesla.

Would love him to still be involved in the club somehow, just because of everything he done for us.

See, this is what baffles me though, Bielsa who's apparently really good when it comes to communicating with players and everyone's got so much respect for him couldn't get through to his own troops. As much as I like Bielsa and I think he's had great impact on football, I don't think he's as good as some people (i.e. Leeds fans when he was at the club) make him out to be.

He might be a tactical genius and he definitely left a mark on managers around the world and was an inspiration, but he's not a great manager himself, a great manager doesn't:

1. Resign after 2 days

2. Inform players of his intention to leave only to be sacked later on and on top of that his successor delivers something he couldn't

3. Get sacked because he couldn't get through to the players as his side was facing relegation

Like, I'd understand if one of the above happened, once or twice, but with Bielsa there's always some sort of controversy, he either didn't get along with the senior management or the players or both. I'm happy to be proved wrong but the fact other managers have achieved some sort of success (or just simply delivered on the objectives) after replacing Bielsa says it all, IMO.

18 hours ago, vis said:

See, this is what baffles me though, Bielsa who's apparently really good when it comes to communicating with players and everyone's got so much respect for him couldn't get through to his own troops. As much as I like Bielsa and I think he's had great impact on football, I don't think he's as good as some people (i.e. Leeds fans when he was at the club) make him out to be.

He might be a tactical genius and he definitely left a mark on managers around the world and was an inspiration, but he's not a great manager himself, a great manager doesn't:

1. Resign after 2 days

2. Inform players of his intention to leave only to be sacked later on and on top of that his successor delivers something he couldn't

3. Get sacked because he couldn't get through to the players as his side was facing relegation

Like, I'd understand if one of the above happened, once or twice, but with Bielsa there's always some sort of controversy, he either didn't get along with the senior management or the players or both. I'm happy to be proved wrong but the fact other managers have achieved some sort of success (or just simply delivered on the objectives) after replacing Bielsa says it all, IMO.

I think Biesla did get through to the players at the start because his philosophy worked - managers hadn't played against that kind of football before (or at least often) so we were able to use that to our advantage and preformed well. The issues came when he didn't adapt. Managers knew what we were going to do, so other teams knew how to cut us open - and with some calibre of players we have, it made us concede 3+ and lose often. His ignorance to his type of play is what killed us this season - although I am hoping recent results keep us up under Jesse.

Rumours circulated that a group of our players had went to Biesla during a bad run of games and wanted a meeting with him in regards to tactics and changing things up because they were sick of how easy we were to beat - and again, he done nothing. 

So I wouldn't be surprised if he lost the dressing room a bit, was clear to me how happy the players were meeting Jesse in the very first video put out on the official Leeds pages - they were happy to see change.

Saying that, Leeds will never not appreciate Biesla for what he done for the club, he made loads fall back in love with it, reunited a city and brought the spark back - so regardless of what happened this season, he'll be praised forever. I'd honestly expect some sort of memorial.

I'm super happy with how we are playing under Jesse, was proper sceptical at first- but I am warming to him, think he's solid.

S/O EHC & Oldschool OG's

On 3/23/2022 at 12:58 PM, Nightmare. said:

I think Biesla did get through to the players at the start because his philosophy worked - managers hadn't played against that kind of football before (or at least often) so we were able to use that to our advantage and preformed well. The issues came when he didn't adapt. Managers knew what we were going to do, so other teams knew how to cut us open - and with some calibre of players we have, it made us concede 3+ and lose often. His ignorance to his type of play is what killed us this season - although I am hoping recent results keep us up under Jesse.

Rumours circulated that a group of our players had went to Biesla during a bad run of games and wanted a meeting with him in regards to tactics and changing things up because they were sick of how easy we were to beat - and again, he done nothing. 

So I wouldn't be surprised if he lost the dressing room a bit, was clear to me how happy the players were meeting Jesse in the very first video put out on the official Leeds pages - they were happy to see change.

Saying that, Leeds will never not appreciate Biesla for what he done for the club, he made loads fall back in love with it, reunited a city and brought the spark back - so regardless of what happened this season, he'll be praised forever. I'd honestly expect some sort of memorial.

I'm super happy with how we are playing under Jesse, was proper sceptical at first- but I am warming to him, think he's solid.

I think you're spot on and I don't blame you for appreciating what Bielsa done for the club, if I was a Leeds fan I'd certainly be in love with the guy. My only point was that fans tried putting Bielsa into the GOAT conversation by stating the best of the best (Pep, Klopp) were inspired by him, yet completely ignoring all the other factors.

Pep and Klopp were able to adapt, learn from their mistakes, Bielsa was so full of himself and his tactical genius that he completely ignored all the red flags. I wonder how Jesse will perform now, he did a really good job at Salzburg but then it didn't work out for him at Leipzig. Genuinely curious but it's good for Leeds that players are happy to play under him.

On 3/25/2022 at 3:28 PM, vis said:

I think you're spot on and I don't blame you for appreciating what Bielsa done for the club, if I was a Leeds fan I'd certainly be in love with the guy. My only point was that fans tried putting Bielsa into the GOAT conversation by stating the best of the best (Pep, Klopp) were inspired by him, yet completely ignoring all the other factors.

Pep and Klopp were able to adapt, learn from their mistakes, Bielsa was so full of himself and his tactical genius that he completely ignored all the red flags. I wonder how Jesse will perform now, he did a really good job at Salzburg but then it didn't work out for him at Leipzig. Genuinely curious but it's good for Leeds that players are happy to play under him.

I think he was put in the GOAT conversation simply because many GOAT managers were heavily influenced by him during their come up. If you're basing GOAT status on trophies etc, it certainly isn't him - I think its more just everyone has the upmost respect for him, from players to managers etc.

S/O EHC & Oldschool OG's

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2022 at 11:26 PM, Nightmare. said:

I think he was put in the GOAT conversation simply because many GOAT managers were heavily influenced by him during their come up. If you're basing GOAT status on trophies etc, it certainly isn't him - I think its more just everyone has the upmost respect for him, from players to managers etc.

Yeah, he deserves plenty respect, no doubt about that. I just wouldn't put him in the GOAT debate but his influence on top managers and the game was huge. The same could be said about Rangnick, his philosophy and vision shaped majority of top German managers, huge influence but definitely not the GOAT manager.

On 3/27/2022 at 11:35 PM, hotcheetos said:

the oakland raiders got it next season 💪

Yeah mate, cool, wrong thread though.

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2022 at 4:16 AM, Jeremias723 said:

spacer.png

The best player in the world, Diego Armando Maradona.

Hide contents

The pre-match training while dancing to the music itself is legendary.

RIP to 1 of the best players god has blessed us with.

Edited by Moonpie

Being part of adult life : Trash

Old LS-RP Profile

On 10/24/2021 at 8:11 AM, Rising Dust said:

El Classico, who win?

You cannot predict El Classico tbh, one of the most intense match the football world has ever known.

For example: With Real Madrid's season last year and Barcelona's issues, I never thought FCB would win 4-0 even if it was played in the Camp Nou.

Being part of adult life : Trash

Old LS-RP Profile

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/10/2023 at 8:56 AM, Nightmare. said:

Worst league to get out of, ever.

Not really, with the parachuting payments system the Premier League, they have created a system where 9/10 the teams that go down are up the next seasons. Leeds will be back up in no time I reckon.

As a Chelsea fan, I'm also struggling with the possibility of being relegated, you aren't alone.

Billy Gorka

Public Works / Luxury Autos

Paco Castillo

Lab Inhabitant

Kenny Park

Homeless