Character Creation System Suggestion

Natasha Valentine

Allow Full Character Creation Until a Certain Level  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which level would you prefer?

• Only allow a chance to edit character once and never again for parent/skin.
    • Allow players to edit their characters fully until they reach level 3
    • Allow players to edit their characters fully until they reach level 5
    • Allow full character creation forever.

It's been awhile since we've been given updates and I'm not sure if anything has changed since then with the character creation system.

To my knowledge everyone has one chance to really customize their character in terms of parents/skin color maybe even eye color which I don't really like personally due to the poor lighting within the character creation, no makeup and no hair dyes along with decent clothing that your character might actually wear. I'm sure players are looking for a certain look for the story they want to tell. I'm aware that characters will still be able to edit their nose and other small features though which is good. 

If this system is still in place, I think it'd be a nice addition to extend the character creation and allow players to edit their character freely as long as they like until they reach level 5 ( If levels are a thing. ) That way it gives enough time for people to learn about the server, the direction of their character and to edit them in a timely manner rather then being rushed for a one time character creation which may lead to a lot of mistakes that they couldn't see in the character creator to begin with.

I think this would be a nice edition for all players and that way you still achieve what you want by players not being able to drastically change their characters over a period of time adding more realism but giving new players (Level 5 Max) the benefit of the doubt for their mistakes that they might create during that time.

I've made a poll so everyone can vote for what they would prefer (Multiple Choice), if this system has already been changed then so be it! But I'd definitely want more then one chance at editing my character so I can put on the proper makeup, play with the hair styles etc. If none of this becomes a thing and we stick to a one time character creation then I'd like for makeup, hair dyes to be put into it so I can make sure I like what I've made. 🥰

Keep in mind, this is just a suggestion and the pole is to help show what players would prefer.

Edited by Natasha Valentine

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

4 hours ago, danielswe said:

The character creator system is just the base of your character with skin color, face shape, eye color and so on.

I don't see why they wouldn't add different hair styles, hair dyes and makeup that you can add/remove/adjust in stores.

More clothing is already a thing.

So the Character Creator, the base system is for skin color, face shape, eye color and so on. - We should have more then one chance to edit this due to poor lighting within the creator and horrible camera angles, there's going to be flaws that we can't see until we can walk around ourselves without being locked in place. Also, allowing to put make-up on and change hair-dyes during the creator gives more of a sense of your character portrayal and what you'd be aiming for. The face shape/parent that you use is very important for your beginning structure of designing a nice character's face. 

The main point of this thread is to give players more of an opportunity to fix flaws that they accidently made in the restrictive character creator. Hence a level system or a set amount of time to give the proper amount of players the time to adjust their characters I think would be a great thing in my opinion. 

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

• 2 months later...

Having the character creation system can lead to a lot of abuse in my opinion so I'd say it's best to leave it to customizing your character only when you make it - this way players can make sure they're happy with the creation they make at their first login. 

I think it is important to just choose what you want upon creation and having it locked in. If not, people can troll and change their character to avoid getting caught for things, etc. It's just a simple system where if you're unhappy after creation just make another character.

• Lead Admin

I agree with Valentine here, the main reason being that GTA Online's character creation system is a little awkward and clunky, and only when you're actually walking around and seeing your character in new environments do you tend to notice little things like "oh damn, that nose is massive" or "the skin colour I chose actually makes me look like an old woman". It's not immediately obvious to see this in any default character editor.

Plus, I'm hoping that in the future we'll have the skin slider mix (this is a default option in Online I believe), as it's pretty essential to fixing the "old woman's skin" problem for females in particular.

The appearance of people's characters is pretty important to them, so little tweaks here and there to get them right should be allowed imo. Many other servers offer this in a variety of ways too, so if we have players joining us from elsewhere at any point, it's probably an 'expected feature'. 

I agree that this does leave it slightly open to abuse, but perhaps we just limit the number of times we allow changes to be made, or make it quite expensive, or have it as a donation feature. I think it's important to have the option eventually (it's not going to be available at launch) but maybe we discuss how best it can be implemented.

• Love 1

Sal