LS:RP

Apophis

• 4 weeks later...
So GTAW launch a LC server and even a red dead text roleplay server has been made and is about to launch, all in the time it took Mmartin to make a single community post. Another release estimate, LONG GONE. What's the fucking excuse this time? I'm not about to accept 'unforeseen development delays' as the excuse anymore because everyone knows that's bullshit, especially considering that RedM is notoriously difficult to work with. I would understand development issues but with a well developed platform like rage? No.

• Lead Admin
3 hours ago, HelixProject said:

So GTAW launch a LC server and even a red dead text roleplay server has been made and is about to launch, all in the time it took Mmartin to make a single community post. Another release estimate, LONG GONE. What's the fucking excuse this time? I'm not about to accept 'unforeseen development delays' as the excuse anymore because everyone knows that's bullshit, especially considering that RedM is notoriously difficult to work with. I would understand development issues but with a well developed platform like rage? No.

OK so your back.

Let's start with LC is a copy and paste of the main server with a different map, not hard at all to do really. I've heard no news on a Red Dead server so I cannot comment on this. But I assume GTAW is paying people to complete the work quicker, mainly cause GTAW has a revenue stream so can afford to invest into developers to develop full time.

Meanwhile no one is paid for developing LS-RP. So having to dev LS-RP, real life responsibilities and living in general means that you can't push things instantly and things end up piling up. Now you'll say, "just get more developers?". It's easier said than done, finding someone who is trustworthy and can work up to standards of the current dev structure can be difficult, then setting them up in general is more time consuming than just getting on with the work.

Once LS-RP starts generating revenue I'm sure they'll invest in developers. Until then there is a delay, and everyone knows this, reason for delay? LIFE. Yes, everyone wants the server out but sometimes life works in funny ways.

Also, your comment on RAGE being easy to work with, that's not entirely true, documentation is near to nothing compared to what SAMP used to be, so a lot of it comes to personal interpretation from personal experience.

Anyway, sit back and wait as you don't have to do anything for this server to open any faster. if you have other questions, I'll do my best to answer.

• Thumbs 1

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Ronnie2Polez said:

Bring SAMP back OR just drop that shit as is bro lol. RGEMP Heavy English Text RP is literally dying super super quick. 

good time 2 do something.

about as good as it's gonna get, GTAW has basically committed suicide in the past month and illegal roleplay there is currently next to non-existent

I thought LSRP had missed its time to release but with how badly Nervous fucked up with the LC server I could legitimately see GTAW dying off if this releases soon

I'm sure that instead nothing will be done though.

edit: another possibility is that releasing LSRP would just split the increasingly tiny playerbase for heavy English text roleplay on RAGEMP and completely kill the scene but o well

Edited by IdleStacks

1 hour ago, IdleStacks said:

about as good as it's gonna get, GTAW has basically committed suicide in the past month and illegal roleplay there is currently next to non-existent

I thought LSRP had missed its time to release but with how badly Nervous fucked up with the LC server I could legitimately see GTAW dying off if this releases soon

I'm sure that instead nothing will be done though.

edit: another possibility is that releasing LSRP would just split the increasingly tiny playerbase for heavy English text roleplay on RAGEMP and completely kill the scene but o well

yea and that new red dead text rp server doesn't help this, it's very niche but there is still a demand for good illegal RP and perhaps a "new" server

21 21 21

54 minutes ago, Salvagoon said:

Bring back SAMP. This project is long gone, maybe not from Mmartin's POW. Copium to the face.

Seriously. I think a lot of people would play again. People would rebuttal this with "but no, GTA RP is great on RAGE and FiveM" but in reality it's super clunky and pokey + RAGEMP Heavy Text RP is dying (somehow, but not surprising considering the only server is good script wise even tho they add a lot of clutter script, but are missing a lot of things in the illegal RP scene) but anyways yeah. GTA 5 Heavy text RP is dying and I think with SAMP we didn't know what we had until it was gone.

And REDM which was taking a little bit of ppl away from RAGE, the only heavy text RP server there had some crazy management situation and shot itself in the foot.

Anyways, I don't think REDM people will go back to GTAW nor anyone considering their community is split completely in half. I also don't believe them shutting down the LC server would fix it, either. 

I like both servers and like the competition but after years of BS on GTA 5, I would give SAMP a full return. 

21 21 21

4 hours ago, Stretchrum said:

"I think a lot of people would play again"

30 players at most, before it dwindles away again for the same reasons. admit this shit is dead 

Yeah right. That's exactly how it went with SA:MP, right? Oh yeah nobody's going to play after the peaks of 600 players around 2012-13 to 2016-17. But the staff literally had to raise the player gap when Covid hit. We had around 900 players peak at some point. It's not the fact that people will not come back, but it's the fact that we're being lied to. I didn't want to pick sides or anything, but I've seen that Mmartin is severely slacking. If there was a chance that somebody else could take over full time, I think the management should heavily consider it as an option, but in this state it's hard to find developers ready to do this full time.

And yeah. You really are losing it on the "30 players at most". There're factions in here who are WAITING patiently, that rack up a few hundred players alone. If the advertisement is done correctly, this could double or triple within the first quarter. You just don't know enough about how role-play works. A generation dies and a new one comes, like it or not. It's not only "the other major GTA V text RP server" we should be looking at. There are FiveM voice servers where a lot of people play that are waiting to be unbanned from "the other major GTA V RP server" or for the release of LS:RP. I know that from like around a thousand people patiently waiting from the start we have around half of them left, but we still have people waiting for this.

It's just embarrassing how we've been told to wait and wait for this thing to come out. I still haven't lost hope, but it's crumbling slowly.

• Strong 1

13 hours ago, Stretchrum said:

"I think a lot of people would play again"

30 players at most, before it dwindles away again for the same reasons. admit this shit is dead 

Orrr! You should admit you can't wait until it comes out ☺️!

This "it's dead"|"it's never coming out" crowd is funny cause you guys are the first on the forum/discord to message!

2012 - 2024

I do wish LSRP stuck with the samp server and kept updating it, improving it etc. I think it'd still be around today, the only reason the original samp playerbase crashed from like 150-200 players peak all the way down to like 50 in just a few weeks is  several  major factions all quit due to issues with the way the server was being handled, then others followed suit.

That being said it's way too late to go back to samp. Those that want to play samp should play on the heavy rp server on samp that has popped up since LSRP's samp server went off. 

But the staff should push forward with V 

• OK 1

I played LSRP religiously from 2009-2014, and kinda half ass after that. It's the most unique gaming experience I've ever had. I think generation Y and younger would be the perfect player base. I'd return to it in any capacity, I miss talking shit and doing hood rat things in-game. 

• Love 1