LS:RP

Apophis

8 hours ago, Jeremias723 said:

I miss old LSRP

Old LS-RP does not exist anymore. It's been slowly erased from existence. The old forums are gone with no explanation as to why. The new forums have zero information other than false promises and deleted threads. The history of LS-RP has been deleted.

• Lead Admin
1 hour ago, Florida said:

Old LS-RP does not exist anymore. It's been slowly erased from existence. The old forums are gone with no explanation as to why. The new forums have zero information other than false promises and deleted threads. The history of LS-RP has been deleted.

It's not as if they have been deleted. They still exist their just inaccessible right now and will be made public soon.

They were taken down so we could transition over to this new forum and for the V platform.

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

1 hour ago, jack said:

It's not as if they have been deleted. They still exist their just inaccessible right now and will be made public soon.

They were taken down so we could transition over to this new forum and for the V platform.

Why have they been made inaccessible? Why was this done silently?

And it still made ZERO sense to me why the forums were simple taken down and not just put in a read only state, and disabling new account creation. It's vbulletin. Those forums are never coming back and you can admit it.

• Love 1

• Lead Admin
2 minutes ago, $PARKY said:

And it still made ZERO sense to me why the forums were simple taken down and not just put in a read only state, and disabling new account creation. It's vbulletin. Those forums are never coming back and you can admit it.

it wasn't done silently, if you remember when LSRP closed, there was a message when ls-rp closed explaining why. i've tried to find it but can't i'll continue to do so

the forum will come back as its online, just like the old legal factions. i have no reason to believe martin would just delete like 15 years of peoples work for the sake of it

• Lead Admin
12 minutes ago, $PARKY said:

found it!

2021-08-24_17_43_36-Greenshot.png

7 minutes ago, jack said:

it wasn't done silently, if you remember when LSRP closed, there was a message when ls-rp closed explaining why. i've tried to find it but can't i'll continue to do so

the forum will come back as its online, just like the old legal factions. i have no reason to believe martin would just delete like 15 years of peoples work for the sake of it

The forums were removed with ZERO warning as far as I remember. Not even giving a chance for players to collect their screenshots and what not.

I have no reason to trust Mmartin when he goes MIA every 5 months, not even telling "his" community what is happenning. I have no reason to trust Mmartin when the server was delayed by a year. Funny in that screenshot it says "We will have a first release in the coming weeks". What happened? If you were so close to opening the server back then, why has it taken a year?

Also, I was talking about the two threads that have been hidden, silently. Why? Why were the threads removed?

• Lead Admin
44 minutes ago, $PARKY said:

The forums were removed with ZERO warning as far as I remember. Not even giving a chance for players to collect their screenshots and what not.

I have no reason to trust Mmartin when he goes MIA every 5 months, not even telling "his" community what is happenning. I have no reason to trust Mmartin when the server was delayed by a year. Funny in that screenshot it says "We will have a first release in the coming weeks". What happened? If you were so close to opening the server back then, why has it taken a year?

Also, I was talking about the two threads that have been hidden, silently. Why? Why were the threads removed?

well in the screenshot it explains it. the forums will come back up eventually, when we don't know.

again, not something i can answer and only management and leadership can answer the reason why it has taken a year.

as for those threads, you wasn't clear you meant those. i dont know why they were removed, but only reason i can think of is that those threads had run their course.

1 hour ago, jack said:

again, not something i can answer and only management and leadership can answer the reason why it has taken a year.

Could you liase with them, since staff seem to have much more communication with leadership and management than the players do and get us answers to these questions?

1 hour ago, jack said:

but only reason i can think of is that those threads had run their course.

So they were hidden from the public and not archived?

• Lead Admin
2 hours ago, $PARKY said:

Could you liase with them, since staff seem to have much more communication with leadership and management than the players do and get us answers to these questions?

So they were hidden from the public and not archived?

i can ask someone from leadership to come to this thread and reply, probability they reply until sunday or after is likely, due to the meeting that is coming this weekend. i'll pass on the message

as for the threads, i believe so without looking. likely archived if anything as i dont think it's possible to just hide topics like that, again i could be wrong

The threads ran their course...? The threads were on topic and the only place where people could express their growing frustration with this project. The only place where they vaguely got answers/updates on here. One of the threads was a member announcing their departure after the deletion, it's ridiculous that that one was hidden/removed so quickly.

Hasn't this one run it's course too? I feel like this excuse is used a lot to suppress discussion on forums. 

1 hour ago, jack said:

i can ask someone from leadership to come to this thread and reply, probability they reply until sunday or after is likely, due to the meeting that is coming this weekend. i'll pass on the message

as for the threads, i believe so without looking. likely archived if anything as i dont think it's possible to just hide topics like that, again i could be wrong

Lets see if Management listens to their staff. We'll see on Sunday.

And why weren't the threads put here? https://community.ls-rp.com/forums/forum/319-general-discussions-archive/?

Where are they.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:10 PM, Apophis said:

• LS:RP was Teamspeak fights about the direction of your faction and where it should move forward. I never got to apologize to iJoker and I regret it;

Stop being a little bitch, you know where me and Shaikh are. What do you have to apologize for? You focused on staff, we went down our routes with creating Nuestra Raza, Xalisco and Armenian Power with the eses.

Celo misses you.

The stupidity behind all the decisions made by the management can only be explained by them. They've had a developer or two leave or get removed, I am not sure what it was about exactly. Might've been the fact that we don't even see a server right now, but might also be internal conflicts. We never will know. It's harder to let go of things like that. If you don't have patience to wait for something to come out then why are you still sitting here moaning? You guys had the patience to wait out long downtimes due to DDOSes, the whole management collapsing and you can not wait a year for the server to come on? Sure, I am as disturbed as you guys are, but chanting "LSRP is dead" doesn't bring us any closer to the opening. We're all human. Yeah, Mmartin and Ben make a shit load of money off patreon and this server in general, but haven't we been through this? It's not like any of the former staff ran off with a large amount of the profits the server made before? Prepare for the worst, but have hope for the times the server actually comes alive, I guess.

Sure, the management SHOULD at least speak to us, but if you are in the discord server, there were occasional messages by Ben, Kane and Mmartin there. I heard something about Kane mentioning, that he does not want to do what Mmartin was assigned to do (The development, certain scripts etc). If Mmartin was NOT able to access his computer due to real life circumstances, why fight over it with him? He has been working on this community for years and will hopefully work on it for years to come (but with a server up at some point). I recon you guys are sour. Yes, it was a bad idea to move to GTA V with bare preparation for it. No matter what, real life comes first. It's the same for all of us. If something happens to us in real life and we disappear for a while, we don't get as much backlash as Mmartin. If you think about it, we're nobodies. Our friends may ask why have we been gone, but not the whole server. It's the case with Mmartin and the co. You guys should calm your tits. The more you PRESSURE the management, the harder it will be and the longer it'll stretch out. The server will come out. Be it a year, two years, three years or a decade. Fuck it, someone will still play it and others will be coming back. It's been like that for a long time. In the SA:MP server, many left but came back. Why? Because it's a fucking role-play server with history and with people who can actually put their thought into role-play.

I am not really saying that other servers do not have this, but everyone is focused on their own subject. Some servers lean towards a perfect legal community and leave illegal RP on the side. LS:RP has been decent in balancing it out, at least. I understand the community should be the number one thing to focus on when you are creating a server, but spare them some time. Play other servers if you are so "thrilled" to RP, even if you think they're shit.

And to all of you cunts (sorry) that think the staff in general is shit? Try being in their shoes. If you have done it before, think about all the wrong decisions you made. There must've been a few. Especially the ones that're so fond of their work and their history. You guys forget the fact that you fucked up. It's rough to admit you made a couple dumb decisions here and there, but why do you blame everyone for making a mistake when you're JUST LIKE THEM. 

Anyway, what LSRP was for me back in the days?

Occasional hustle to get into a faction or a group. The occasional need to better myself for a video game, which ended up reflecting on my real life.

All the long nights spent role-playing with people you do not know in real life, but you still clicked with.

Having to adapt to different timezones to understand where other people are from and being able to role-play with them if necessary.

Being a faction leader. It was a thing I did a lot in my last few years of LS:RP and I enjoyed it, a lot in fact.

Spending around 30$ on name-changes because I was FPKed or CKed from Cycos for near ten or so times.

Sitting in a neighborhood with a boombox on a corner blasting rap music. Chilling, vibing with people from your faction and then getting hit on by another faction just to log off demotivated. Fun times, ngl.

Having the chance to learn from great role-players. A few of them would be AceS, Chete and International. There're plenty others, but those are the ones I think I learned the most from.

Having a blast with legal role-play. Even during the times where my sleeping schedule was messed up, the graveyard shifts were still amazing and fun to be at. 

Meeting people in-real life that I met in a role-play server.

Anyway, I hope I gave you guys something to read. No matter how much I repeated myself, my point still stands, hopefully. It's seven AM as I am writing this, so feel free to correct anything I might've messed up.

• Love 1

Thanks for sharing how you feel Apophis, I'm sure a lot, if not all of us feel the same way.

LSRP is what it is because of the community behind it, the community makes it great and has always worked with what it has. We never had the best scripts when comparing ourselves to other servers, it was the incredibly passionate community behind us that worked with it and made everyone's experience what it was.

We all know that communication has been lackluster, I like to remind myself that I'm waiting for you guys, the community. Not the staff. That's what keeps me motivated and holding on. The love that I have for this community is like the love for family and friends - I don't want to lose it.

We've got a staff/patrion meeting tomorrow, it's the first one since Mmartin went dark and then returned. Hopefully we'll discuss some progress and see where we're at.

Edited by ROZE

7 hours ago, F0r3v3r said:

f Mmartin was NOT able to access his computer due to real life circumstances,

The problem I, and many others, see is the complete lack of transparency that was promised. All Mmartin had to do was download discord on his phone, create a new account quickly, message Kane on telegram "hey dude give me admin roles on this account" then send a message "Hey everyone, I'm currently moving house due to getting robbed. My PC is currently with the mover company and I can't script without it since all the server files are on there. I know I should've backed it up but we all learn a lesson, whether it be the hard or easy way". (I don't know if that was the reason, just an example.) It's not much any of us are asking for. We just want honesty. If the server needs 2 more years, why not just say? It's the lack of transparency

7 hours ago, F0r3v3r said:

someone will still play it

I will still play it despite my complaining.

We just want transparency

• Clap 1
  • Thumbs 1

On 6/3/2022 at 12:10 AM, Apophis said:

If you would spare me just a moment of your time, I'd ask you to really think about what made LS:RP what it was. What is it you loved, what made it fun, what kept you coming back for more? If I could dare to get even more abstract: what was LS:RP? 

LS-RP used to be my place to out my creativity, whether through character developing roleplay or simply practicing a hobby through that character (DJ'ing in my case).

The people I met and started to see as friends were the reason I kept coming back, especially later in my ''roleplay career'' when I started to take roleplay in general more serious and started to actually care about character development.

Scenarios started to become more fun instead of the ''younger perspective'' of me back then that just wanted to shoot 24/7, passive roleplay like going to a nightclub, restaurant etc. started to become meaningful compared to them being seen as a money drain back then.

Also not to mention the fact that stuff we learned through roleplaying was sometimes useful in real life as well, all because the server aimed for a realistic approach to the in-game universe. For example, thanks to the aforementioned hobby I landed myself IRL gigs, even to this day. I'm sure that specifically PD/SD/FD roleplayers could name an example of this too.

In regards of the other comments, I agree with a good portion on here.

Like others I've spent numerous hours (too many even) being part of this community.

Staff or not, at the end of the day everyone wants to see the server being released.

Voicing your frustration is good, however flaming isn't the way to do that.  Like myself I've been voicing mine for more transparency at day one after passing my TA (Test-Admin) period.

I agree that something could've been said on his end, however like yourselves I do not know the details as to why but I'm sure it had to be serious not to be mentioned just yet, hopefully tomorrow's meeting will shed more light to that.

Edited by Xanakin