Old LS-RP forum

Hey guys, I have seen many factions with very good roleplay and also very good guidelines on how to roleplay on the old LS-RP forum of SA-MP and I really want to be able to look at them. What's going on with the old forum? They were supposed to make it so everything's visible and nothing about that promise was ever heard again and I heard rumours that they deleted them and said that they lost the files but please come up with the forum man... I really need it, please...

That's pretty much the only reason why people want to see the old forums back, yet they claim to want to look at the forums for "nostalgia sake". But personally I don't think they will release it any time soon since the main focus is the server launch at the moment and developers still got many hours left to work on most of the server's scripts so releasing the server is a priority. If you are roleplaying on another server and you are out of ideas, then just do some effort and try to be creative for the time being.

Edited by Monocle

Since Mmartin can't even give the community the courtesy of his presence any kind of launch is just a pipe-dream at this point. Wayback machine is a good bet, but don't count on the archived forums coming anytime soon if ever.

It was said to be released after the server launch.

All it takes is removing posting permissions from the "Registered user" role. It's vbulletin, not hard. There are plenty of testers not doing anything who can ban spambots if they show up (not like it took a few days when the forums were up anyway)

It's just upsetting that this is the hill @Mmartin @Kane and @Ben want to die on.

Is it really that hard?

• OK 1

On 5/29/2022 at 4:22 PM, $PARKY said:

It was said to be released after the server launch.

All it takes is removing posting permissions from the "Registered user" role. It's vbulletin, not hard. There are plenty of testers not doing anything who can ban spambots if they show up (not like it took a few days when the forums were up anyway)

It's just upsetting that this is the hill @Mmartin @Kane and @Ben want to die on.

Is it really that hard?

Not even that, simply make all the forums and subcategories read only and disable new registrations. EZ

10 hours ago, Stormbird said:

Not even that, simply make all the forums and subcategories read only and disable new registrations. EZ

Exactly, bro. I'm trying to see roleplay scenarios, see if I can find old homies on Discord and all. I heard that they "lost" the forum files but now a guy said that it's gonna be released after the launch and I really hope that they do that, for the sake of the community, they have to entertain us and make us feel comfortable.

17 hours ago, elpolloloco said:

Exactly, bro. I'm trying to see roleplay scenarios, see if I can find old homies on Discord and all. I heard that they "lost" the forum files but now a guy said that it's gonna be released after the launch and I really hope that they do that, for the sake of the community, they have to entertain us and make us feel comfortable.

The information that it was supposed to be released after launch was Summer 2021, It's been a year.

• 2 months later...

I would love access to it again. Had a lot of good memories there, and let's not forget the GTASA mods that were released to the public. Now it is a huge pain in the ass to find these low-poly and amazing mods done by the community.

• jack locked this topic