Most melee weapons shouldn't be part of the illegal supply system.

Pretty simple idea, as you know on most server switch-blades and axes are "Illegally acquired" and cannot be bought from regular stores.

I just hope that on this server every melee weapons (Except for golf club/stone axe/pool cue) can be bought. Not only are these items very easily purchasable
at any Cabelas/Bass Pro shops you can see or any other hardware store. But they provide WAAAAAAY better role-play quality when you get
mugged at knife point rather than the good old pistols. And before people say it, there should be a rule that you can't scroll weapons that don't
fit in a pocket obviously goes without saying. Buying these melee items should require a minimum of hours on the server to avoid trolls.

But yeah TLDR make these available publicly and legally as they are IRL. This will only fuel role-play rather than restrict it in the hunt for a
knife where you can just buy one online or at a store.  Would be quite nice for role-play!

Edited by 30PiecesOfSilver

20 hours ago, Venta said:

I agree with all, except brass knuckles and switchblade knives - those are illegal and can't be purchased in stores.

Nah I don't think those should be left out of stores either. It makes no sense for gun dealers to be selling knuckles and switchblades when there's plenty of ways to get them in real life that don't involve begging a dealer to get you one. Not to mention as far as switchblades go, they're perfectly legal in real life.

Edited by ESE MICKEY MOUSE

3 hours ago, ESE MICKEY MOUSE said:

Nah I don't think those should be left out of stores either. It makes no sense for gun dealers to be selling knuckles and switchblades when there's plenty of ways to get them in real life that don't involve begging a dealer to get you one. Not to mention as far as switchblades go, they're perfectly legal in real life.

Depends on the location. but it is illegal in, if not all, but at least in some parts of the US. 

spacer.png

Unrestricting these weapons will undoubtedly lead to 90% of the population carrying them. With the advertised in-game internet system I'm sure you could potentially create online stores selling them that would somehow make it a bit harder to purchase them, but they simply cannot appear in physical stores.

qgv23wo.png

3 hours ago, Venta said:

Depends on the location. but it is illegal in, if not all, but at least in some parts of the US. 

spacer.png

Unrestricting these weapons will undoubtedly lead to 90% of the population carrying them. With the advertised in-game internet system I'm sure you could potentially create online stores selling them that would somehow make it a bit harder to purchase them, but they simply cannot appear in physical stores.

Shouldn't matter in my opinion, I don't wanna see gun dealers selling switchblades period, meaning they need to be legal ingame, I really don't give a shit how it is IRL, if a store wants to sell switchblades/knuckles, they should be able to. Having to jump through hoops just to get a knife you won't have anymore the next day is retarded.

5 hours ago, locced said:

everybody and their great aunt has one

Sounds like that'd be an IC issue more than anything else. I don't know a single person IRL who doesn't carry a knife. There's even people out there who'll literally stab you for nothing, just for shits and giggles.

Not to mention that if I really want a knife, I can walk down my hallway and pick one up from my kitchen drawer, knives are funny things.

6 hours ago, ESE MICKEY MOUSE said:

Sounds like that'd be an IC issue more than anything else. I don't know a single person IRL who doesn't carry a knife. There's even people out there who'll literally stab you for nothing, just for shits and giggles.

Not to mention that if I really want a knife, I can walk down my hallway and pick one up from my kitchen drawer, knives are funny things.

I just think there's a reason every roleplay server that's been successful hasn't had melee weapons that can be hidden just accessible to everyone who joins. Bats and other blunt weapons that you can't pocket, sure, but knives and that? I don't think it should be accessible to everyone.

15 minutes ago, locced said:

I just think there's a reason every roleplay server that's been successful hasn't had melee weapons that can be hidden just accessible to everyone who joins. Bats and other blunt weapons that you can't pocket, sure, but knives and that? I don't think it should be accessible to everyone.

probably because those popular roleplay servers were part of a game that had insta kill throat slitting stealth attacks

On 4/26/2022 at 9:07 PM, ESE MICKEY MOUSE said:

Shouldn't matter in my opinion, I don't wanna see gun dealers selling switchblades period, meaning they need to be legal ingame, I really don't give a shit how it is IRL, if a store wants to sell switchblades/knuckles, they should be able to. Having to jump through hoops just to get a knife you won't have anymore the next day is retarded.

There's literally other, easier ways to distribute weapons illegally not through gun dealers. Like just grant a certain amount of these to leaderships of illegal factions so they could distribute them to their members, which then could either chose to keep them or sell them off to random people in the street for crack money. 

qgv23wo.png

7 hours ago, locced said:

I'm talking about RageMP too, not SAMP.

The only other RageMP server that's been sucessfull has had knives available for everyone and it has worked fine.

37 minutes ago, Venta said:

There's literally other, easier ways to distribute weapons illegally not through gun dealers. Like just grant a certain amount of these to leaderships of illegal factions so they could distribute them to their members, which then could either chose to keep them or sell them off to random people in the street for crack money. 

We're gonna have to agree to disagree there, sounds like a pain in the ass and too much of a hassle for the staff to have to hand out switchblades to all faction leaders, when they could simply be available in stores.

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2022 at 4:43 PM, Venta said:

spacer.png

This literally means that you can order them or buy them but not carry outside in a public environment in California.