Robbing Script

43 minutes ago, Venta said:

I'm sure this would lead to heavy abuse, because it is less risky. And it would make robbing someone using an M4 assault rifle and a sports car even more convenient. 

I'm sure there would be a way to make it non (less) abusable. And at the end of the day you can forum report any rule breaking.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:48 PM, Semita Bellatoris said:

Like the title says, it would be nice if there was a robbing script added where you can take items from another player yourself.  It is a common thing that in almost every robbery scenario back in the day people would stall on purpose so I think this would be a good idea to prevent that from happening.

I find that a lot of robberies are sub-par which I've experienced occasionally during rp, giving no regards to using masks or being afraid of getting caught on camera etc. I typically liked the original way of how robberies were handled through rp between both parties involved, I personally don't think I'd like for anyone to just have access to my inventory and to take things without my permission as that could lead to a bunch of abuse amongst players. There'd have to be some sort of /acceptance command between both parties and even so that /acceptance could still be stalled either way until players agree with what's being taken within the scenario. I prefer the regular method of how robberies are handled within the server and for any abuse to be reported on the forums. 

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

1 hour ago, Florida said:

How would adding a script for power gaming taking peoples items solve a rule breaking stall issue?

I feel like it could. Say an individual is stalling getting robbed. Add a timer of a few minutes that would need to be bypassed in order to take items from them. Ensure the player has been active after the /rob or whatever the command added will be to prevent robbing AFK people (which is allowed, but well, not usually looked upon by staff, even if they have to kick the player etc). Obviously, if that script is abused as well, such as not giving people time to tell where the items are, it can be punished. It should be made into a script of some sort to see player's inventories, but taking an item should be a little bit more complex than just being able to click and drag into your inventory. 

10 hours ago, Natasha Valentine said:

I find that a lot of robberies are sub-par which I've experienced occasionally during rp, giving no regards to using masks or being afraid of getting caught on camera etc. I typically liked the original way of how robberies were handled through rp between both parties involved, I personally don't think I'd like for anyone to just have access to my inventory and to take things without my permission as that could lead to a bunch of abuse amongst players. There'd have to be some sort of /acceptance command between both parties and even so that /acceptance could still be stalled either way until players agree with what's being taken within the scenario. I prefer the regular method of how robberies are handled within the server and for any abuse to be reported on the forums. 

Things being taken away from you without your permission. That's literally how robbing someone works. There should be a command to accept the robbery but the part where the most stalling happens is when the other party needs to hand over the items. 

Handing over items is a bit too much for a simple robbery, I've been robbed many times with zero to nothing RP and most of the time people just abused it robbing random people just to get those easy 500 bucks. But when it comes to accessing inventory that would lead too wayyy to many scenarios where people would just do 0 rp robberies to steal items from people - having in mind some people carry weapons sometimes and could potentially carry weed and drugs. So I believe we would end up with a system that lets people abuse each other. But that's just my opinion

z7otr84.png

3 hours ago, Semita Bellatoris said:

Things being taken away from you without your permission. That's literally how robbing someone works. There should be a command to accept the robbery but the part where the most stalling happens is when the other party needs to hand over the items. 

I understand that's how robbing works irl but you have to understand that there's a lot of abuse and the robber has to cooperate with the victim as well rather then just abruptly taking the items with minimal rp. Some items are hidden on a player like drugs etc, you'd have to fully RP it and search for it on a victim. You can't just run up and have access to random player inventories, "stalling" is bound to happen either way to give both parties a chance to rp properly and the best place to do it is away from main streets or around public areas as it may be expected for the rp to take longer then anticipated. 

Edited by Natasha Valentine

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

17 hours ago, Semita Bellatoris said:

Perhaps there would be a command to request the robbery and the other party to accept it? And then you can take their items manually throughout the roleplay.

You already have to accept the frisk. You'll get the same outcome, just with extra steps and this doesn't prevent stalling at all. 

On 4/20/2022 at 3:57 AM, Semita Bellatoris said:

And at the end of the day you can forum report any rule breaking.

Exactly. And stalling is also not allowed, therefore you can forum report that as well. This is just a closed loop - restricting one party will allow the other to abuse and vice-versa. 

And in the end of the day we'll still all meet in the forum report section.

This doesn't solve anything.

And there's no exact definition for stalling, naturally, native English speakers will type much faster then, for example me, for whom English is the 2nd or even 3rd language. I've been accused for stalling numerous times, when the robber would type in the speed of a court stenographer, whereas I have to think over what I'm about to write,

qgv23wo.png

There is no doubt, that if script of such kind would appear some kind of cooperation between two parties should be needed. Yet again with all the experience from SAMP, most of robberies happen by people, who aren't there to RP, but most of the part to ruin some ones RP, gain a lot of weapons (which might be used to shoot people in every scenario possible) - yes they exist and most of the time they are driving around just to rob people. I don't think this would solve the stalling issue as some people want to RP all the emotions they would feel if being robbed. Lets say the script gets implemented and there is some kind of cooperation with commands and what not, but yet again, those robbers will push you to just give them the items without roleplaying the emotions and actions. The best thing what you'll receive will be "/me robs the individual for his items" and then when you would want to express your characters emotions you would receive "/b stop stalling and give me the items" etc.

That being said I don't think this will solve any problem. Perhaps for the robbers that don't want to RP anything this would be a life-saving idea, but if we want to change the experience of robberies for both parties this is not the way to go.

Like always, this is just my opinion on this based on previous experiences with robberies and robbers themselves.

The Road Slayers Motorcycle Club

LS-RP

The last thing that's needed is a stupid RPG script, it never worked when SAMP had something like this way back in the day because it was (GASP) ABUSED. You're supposed to roleplay a CHARACTER not be hand fed by scripts that let you skip through all the hard stuff just because you feel someone isn't cooperating. 99.98% Of robberies are absolute fucking trash and speaking from experience, the only players who want to stall the robberies are the robbers themselves who make them last much longer than necessary. By taking someone out to the middle of nowhere and search every single item of clothing. I can assure you (most, as there are a number who genuinely stall) victims want nothing more than to be done with it as quickly as possible so they can get on with their roleplay. God forbid should the victim actually roleplay anything other than "/me raises their hands" and puts detail in their roleplay, they're instantly stalling. It's utterly horrible to experience and ruins whatever roleplay you had going on.

Please, for fuck sake don't make it worse by adding something idiotic like this.

Edited by Stormbird

10 hours ago, Stormbird said:

The last thing that's needed is a stupid RPG script, it never worked when SAMP had something like this way back in the day because it was (GASP) ABUSED. You're supposed to roleplay a CHARACTER not be hand fed by scripts that let you skip through all the hard stuff just because you feel someone isn't cooperating. 99.98% Of robberies are absolute fucking trash and speaking from experience, the only players who want to stall the robberies are the robbers themselves who make them last much longer than necessary. By taking someone out to the middle of nowhere and search every single item of clothing. I can assure you (most, as there are a number who genuinely stall) victims want nothing more than to be done with it as quickly as possible so they can get on with their roleplay. God forbid should the victim actually roleplay anything other than "/me raises their hands" and puts detail in their roleplay, they're instantly stalling. It's utterly horrible to experience and ruins whatever roleplay you had going on.

Please, for fuck sake don't make it worse by adding something idiotic like this.

It could be scripted in a way for the both parties to agree and to be roleplayed how it's supposed to. At the end of the day it is just a SUGGESTION. 

And if you think the 99.98% of the robberies are trash and the robbers are the ones that are stalling then you probably never robbed anyone and you're just full of shit. And the victims who want to get the scenario done as quickly as possible, I assure you that's gonna happen. And the other part where people actually want to stall will do it, doesn't matter how fast they type depending if English is their first language (addressing the reply above). There's a clear difference between stalling and not stalling. Once again I think it could be scripted well enough so the abuse would be minimal.

And please before replying to this use your brain.

14 hours ago, Venta said:

You already have to accept the frisk. You'll get the same outcome, just with extra steps and this doesn't prevent stalling at all. 

Exactly. And stalling is also not allowed, therefore you can forum report that as well. This is just a closed loop - restricting one party will allow the other to abuse and vice-versa. 

And in the end of the day we'll still all meet in the forum report section.

This doesn't solve anything.

And there's no exact definition for stalling, naturally, native English speakers will type much faster then, for example me, for whom English is the 2nd or even 3rd language. I've been accused for stalling numerous times, when the robber would type in the speed of a court stenographer, whereas I have to think over what I'm about to write,

I agree, but for example: The party that's being robbed can accept for the robbing party to take their items only when the robbing party has fully roleplayed the frisk. Realistically nobody is gonna take their time during a robbery, and whoever is robbing is already at a disadvantage because we are gonna text based server.

9 hours ago, Semita Bellatoris said:

It could be scripted in a way for the both parties to agree and to be roleplayed how it's supposed to. At the end of the day it is just a SUGGESTION. 

And if you think the 99.98% of the robberies are trash and the robbers are the ones that are stalling then you probably never robbed anyone and you're just full of shit. And the victims who want to get the scenario done as quickly as possible, I assure you that's gonna happen. And the other part where people actually want to stall will do it, doesn't matter how fast they type depending if English is their first language (addressing the reply above). There's a clear difference between stalling and not stalling. Once again I think it could be scripted well enough so the abuse would be minimal.

And please before replying to this use your brain.

So just because I disagree with your idea and explain in detail why it won't work I'm full of shit and need to use my brain? m'kay. This tells me everything I need to know about you. I have robbed before fyi, it's just boring af to roleplay both as robber and victim. It simply doesn't interest me. I don't just think 99.98 % of robberies are absolute trash, they ARE absolute trash. If you think 99.98% of robberies are an amazing roleplay experience for the victim then you're the one who's probably full of shit.

Edited by Stormbird
  • OK 2

I don't feel like we need to have a script that just eliminates 90% of the roleplay just because there's a minority on the server that stalls roleplay.

Addition to that, people don't really seem to take IC stuff like law enforcement presence and the victim resisting into account, so when the victim RP's resisting, or a random cop pulls up in your scene out of luck, it suddenly becomes stalling. 

No need for the script, if you think they are stalling your roleplay, report them. 

Edited by mhrhan

4 hours ago, Stormbird said:

So just because I disagree with your idea and explain in detail why it won't work I'm full of shit and need to use my brain? m'kay. This tells me everything I need to know about you. I have robbed before fyi, it's just boring af to roleplay both as robber and victim. It simply doesn't interest me. I don't just think 99.98 % of robberies are absolute trash, they ARE absolute trash. If you think 99.98% of robberies are an amazing roleplay experience for the victim then you're the one who's probably full of shit.

Never said you're full of shit because you disagree with the idea, everyone is to present their own opinion and that's what the topic was made for. You're full of shit if you think almost all the robberies are basically shit roleplay. Also never said that the roleplay experience for the victim is amazing, obviously nobody wants to get robbed lol. You're just bashing the whole idea of robberies at this point which has nothing to do with the topic. Roleplaying a robbery is a part of someones roleplay, nobody is forcing you to go rob people if you find it boring. Once again, people can disagree with the idea, but please don't bash the whole roleplay around robbing because of the few of yours shitty experiences, that's what you're wrong about.

4 hours ago, Semita Bellatoris said:

Never said you're full of shit because you disagree with the idea, everyone is to present their own opinion and that's what the topic was made for. You're full of shit if you think almost all the robberies are basically shit roleplay.

I don't think they are, I know they are, it's FACT. After experiencing dozens upon dozens and every single one of those I've ever been part of (quite a lot) has consisted of the following;

/S HANDS

/ S AY HANDS!

/me pats them down, taking their phone and money.

or

/s Ay, hands

/s In the car bitch!

/me gets taken to the middle of nowhere, robbed and left there.

and if I rp a little more detail and make them work to find their $500? /b quit stalling

a good 7/10 robberies I've been in haven't even involved money being taken because they're robbing everything that moves on the streets looking for guns or drugs. That's not robbing for roleplay, it's robbing for assets. Prove to me that this isn't shit rp? Besides you're the one who started bringing up being robbed as an example (you're also literally suggesting a robbery script), so it's fair game to use it to counter your fruitless arguments.

As I said before, there was already a robbery script way back on SAMP where players were supposed to cooperate before using it. It just didn't work out like that and it was removed many many moons ago. It didn't work then and it won't now, no matter how you try to garnish it with fluff it's still basically the same idea.

Edited by Stormbird
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 1

On 4/22/2022 at 8:08 PM, Stormbird said:

I don't think they are, I know they are, it's FACT. After experiencing dozens upon dozens and every single one of those I've ever been part of (quite a lot) has consisted of the following;

/S HANDS

/ S AY HANDS!

/me pats them down, taking their phone and money.

or

/s Ay, hands

/s In the car bitch!

/me gets taken to the middle of nowhere, robbed and left there.

and if I rp a little more detail and make them work to find their $500? /b quit stalling

a good 7/10 robberies I've been in haven't even involved money being taken because they're robbing everything that moves on the streets looking for guns or drugs. That's not robbing for roleplay, it's robbing for assets. Prove to me that this isn't shit rp? Besides you're the one who started bringing up being robbed as an example (you're also literally suggesting a robbery script), so it's fair game to use it to counter your fruitless arguments.

As I said before, there was already a robbery script way back on SAMP where players were supposed to cooperate before using it. It just didn't work out like that and it was removed many many moons ago. It didn't work then and it won't now, no matter how you try to garnish it with fluff it's still basically the same idea.

Agreeing with you. I'd rather get my stuff robbed as quickly and realisticly as possible instead of getting kidnapped over 500 bucks.

Most of the people use anything as an excuse to make sure they get the best out of their stupid RP. (e.g law enforcement presence or detailed RP being stalling) It shouldn't be like that.