Economy Revamp

hotcheetos

I'm thinking make a maximum and minimum amount of dollars something can cost I.e... weapons, drugs, clothes, cars, etc;

As an example you can sell a Combat Pistol for maximum 1000$ and minimum 300$.

Just an idea I was thinking about on a different server and thought it'd be cool to see on LS-RP, would love to hear the communities thoughts.

2 hours ago, hotcheetos said:

I'm thinking make a maximum and minimum amount of dollars something can cost I.e... weapons, drugs, clothes, cars, etc;

Just an idea I was thinking about on a different server and thought it'd be cool to see on LS-RP, would love to hear the communities thoughts.

I don't think adding pre-set limits is the right way to handle this kind of thing. They are working on the economy and various prices. Once the prices are done, the economy will automatically adjust. Once in-game it will be up to the user to choose a place where making a purchase is convenient.

• Thumbs 1

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

The current plans are not to set any prices in stone and allow the economy to develop itself. However, we are intending to keep the economy as close as real life as possible. This means things we'll try to replicate prices as much as we can with IRL.

• OK 2

14 hours ago, hotcheetos said:

2 hours ago, nova said:

The current plans are not to set any prices in stone and allow the economy to develop itself. However, we are intending to keep the economy as close as real life as possible. This means things we'll try to replicate prices as much as we can with IRL.

image-1621343214187.png

Edited by Florida
  • Thumbs 1

6 hours ago, Florida said:

image-1621343214187.png

If you check #snippets' description, you can read: this channel showcases features IN DEVELOPMENT. What you see is subject to change and is not final. It means the economy too.

• Thumbs 1

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

22 hours ago, Mikee said:

If you check #snippets' description, you can read: this channel showcases features IN DEVELOPMENT. What you see is subject to change and is not final. It means the economy too.

Yes.. the whole server is still in development

• Ryder 1

15 hours ago, Venta said:

Setting prices in stone event for assets being sold by players shouldn't be done, the economy shouldn't be micromanaged to this point. You wouldn't even be able to scam people this way.

Yeah that's a solid point, didn't even think of it that way.

Set some anti-monopoly policies & regulations, both ICly for legel stuff and OOCly for illegal ones, and the prices will establish themselves.
Setting them in stone, as someone mentioned before, is pretty bad idea. Demand/Supply is a better trend setter then ppl consciously.

• Love 1

spacer.png

Eye witness saw everything but understands nothing.

Expert witness saw nothing but understands everything.

Judge saw nothing, understands nothing but has to judge nonetheless.

~ Adam Klos (Fictional Chair Judge of Prague Municipal Criminal Court)

On 4/11/2022 at 2:51 PM, ttt_zip said:

Set some anti-monopoly policies & regulations, both ICly for legel stuff and OOCly for illegal ones, and the prices will establish themselves.
Setting them in stone, as someone mentioned before, is pretty bad idea. Demand/Supply is a better trend setter then ppl consciously.

Doesn't require much OOC regulations in my opinion. They just need to balance out how much cash "appears" and "disappears", as a closed-circuit economy is not possible.

• Love 1

qgv23wo.png

On 4/13/2022 at 3:34 PM, Venta said:

Doesn't require much OOC regulations in my opinion. They just need to balance out how much cash "appears" and "disappears", as a closed-circuit economy is not possible.

By OOC regulation I mean that more then 1 crew has access to the weapons/drugs/whatever scheme, so they don't have the monopoly this way. If more crews are gonna sell 'to the public,' they'll try to compete on the market and .... You've got the image, I suppose... But I believe that's not gonna be a problem really.

What might be a trouble is if all the crews with access to one of those rackets form some sort of alliance, and sell way over reasonable price, and that's when I'd feel like having some OOC intervention might be in place. Or maybe it's clear IC stuff? I dunno really how to eventually act up on that... I just know that on some smaller communities this sometimes was a problem...

spacer.png

Eye witness saw everything but understands nothing.

Expert witness saw nothing but understands everything.

Judge saw nothing, understands nothing but has to judge nonetheless.

~ Adam Klos (Fictional Chair Judge of Prague Municipal Criminal Court)