LS-RP, competition point of interest, 1:1 realism/fun:

Ronnie2Polez

Okay, quickly put no need to make a paragraph, where does LSRP and the community stand on discretion and realism/rules.

My example is; remember how LSRP on SAMP was so much fun, even if you did try to be super realistic? There was a balance. 

Now, compared to other text-heavy RP servers on RAGEMP, LSRP has some leverage. Even though it is going to be new, we need to realize something long term. There are similarities to us and the competitor, the pivotal point of LSRP will be a few things. Nostalgia, illegal RP (if executed right here, God I pray so), fun/realism, flexibility.

My worry for LSRP, since there already is a similar server that is like here - we obviously need to learn from other people's mistakes and be unique. How can we do that?

Easy: Bring back the fun to LSRP. The competition is infamous for a few things. Too much ERP, very sub-par illegal RP, too super realistic to the point to where it's not fun, favoritism over legal factions to illegal. It should be equal, and finally poor discretion from admins whom only RP'd one "side" of RP.

We need to use nostalgia to  make illegal RP different here and good, it needs to be fun on top of that.

I'm not sure exactly what we could do different here all too well, yet. But a big concern elsewhere is the drugs/gun economy being poor.

Also, with RP in general a quote that really sparked my eye of how fun LSRP was back then:

I miss the old LSRP back in '15-'16 when you could go to the mall one evening and hang out with other mallrats, some idiot comes up with a bat and starts a massive brawl, police and paramedics come etc. It was chaos but it was fun. Realistic? Not at all.

But who cares when the alternative is driving around an empty map for 5 hours to then spend the next 3 in the same /anim in a bar, talking pointless and realistic nonesense with a stranger you'll never meet again? "

We really do not want the second part of that quote to be a problem here.

I'm not saying go ahead and let everyone break rules and be too lax. But, here's the thing:

all of us here been RPing since the dawn of GTA RP and it's just burnt trying to be this super elite RPer who is trying to rewrite a Michael Simon script for HBO. 

The problem with the competition? 

That server is full of people RPing who they wish they could be, appearance, confidence, etc - but the problem isn't that simple, these people all RP the same Kim K. bs super model EPR second life club goer, and the server lacks so much on the illegal side, it's just flat out boring as hell.

Same ol night club, same ol car meet, same ol "British" police. Yawn. It gets old after years and years, esp if you have been RPing forever and just want to have some fun. 

Not everyone wants to do this super life simulation 1:1 ultra realistic supreme shit anymore. We did that years ago, sorry for who missed out. Everyone knows how to RP by now, lets have fun. Most of us are in our 20s+, you think we wanna do that supreme elite shit anymore?  

------------------

Let's make LSRP V something special like SAMP was. 

21 21 21

It depends on what your categorization of 'fun' actually is and where you'd put it between light and heavy roleplay. In your description of 'old LSRP', I'd very much consider it light roleplay. There was no real standard effectuated until probably 2017-2018. This is the timeframe many of us would consider the 'golden age' of LSRP. What nostalgia does is bring you back in time-- to a time where 'roleplay' was a glorified game of cops and robbers. Everything was mediocre pre-2016/2017, the characters, the factions, and the staff. There has been huge growth in the years since and everything else is years gone by. I remember the days you explained like they were yesterday and if we were to go back in time, it'd be good for a few days until the novelty wore off. The sentimentality of the memories is the only reason they're being ennobled and I can guarantee what was 'fun' back then would be much worse than what they claim GTAw is now.

At one point in time, LSRP was also in this position and it's to my understanding that they just haven't caught up to what was our 2017-2018 breakthrough point but that day will come and if we don't make our stance on heavy roleplay clear then the window of opportunity will close. Let me break down your last example for emphasis. 

That server is full of people RPing who they wish they could be, appearance, confidence, etc - but the problem isn't that simple, these people all RP the same Kim K. bs super model EPR second life club goer, and the server lacks so much on the illegal side, it's just flat out boring as hell.

This isn't realistic. This is someone's interpretation of 'fun' and this is what would plague the server if we didn't enforce a 'realistic' atmosphere. People have different definitions of fun because it's supposed to be something that you enjoy doing. These people obviously enjoy doing this, which is why it's so ruinous. They don't roleplay for 'realism' they roleplay for a release and if you enforce this 'standard' then this is the type of players you will attract by default. So on one hand, you're saying "That server is full of people RPing who they wish they could be" (which falls under the definition of 'fun' but on the other, you're saying "Everyone knows how to RP by now, lets have fun" (which also falls under the definition of 'fun') and what that is, is a double standard.

If a server advertises itself as a 'heavy roleplay server' then it can't leave it open to interpretation. People can have 'fun' without being unrealistic. People can have 'fun' while being realistic. It all depends on the enforcement of this. I've been around since 2007 and I've played in every era of the server and going back to the 'old days' would be a step backward. Everyone and everything has evolved since then and it'd go against the grain to go back to a day and age where nobody had a real understanding of what 'heavy rp' actually was. I wouldn't by any means classify the competition as 'super realistic,' in fact, I consider them to be the opposite of that and if I were to categorize, I'd label them a light roleplay server. 

In terms of 'ultra realism,' I'd say we've always had a good balance. Factions and players have the creative freedom to do what they want as long as they can justify their actions or plans with logic. This is something I have been pushing for since I've returned and will continue to push for.

What we need (more than anything) is clarity on where we 'stand' on these subjects from the administration. I think we all know where we'd like to stand, we'd just like reassurance. 

Edited by Chuckles
  • CJ 1
  • Thumbs 1
  • OK 2
  • Strong 1

30 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

It depends on what your categorization of 'fun' actually is and where you'd put it between light and heavy roleplay. In your description of 'old LSRP', I'd very much consider it light roleplay. There was no real standard effectuated until probably 2017-2018. This is the timeframe many of us would consider the 'golden age' of LSRP. What nostalgia does is bring you back in time-- to a time where 'roleplay' was a glorified game of cops and robbers. Everything was mediocre pre-2016/2017, the characters, the factions, and the staff. There has been huge growth in the years since and everything else is years gone by. I remember the days you explained like they were yesterday and if we were to go back in time, it'd be good for a few days until the novelty wore off. The sentimentality of the memories is the only reason they're being ennobled and I can guarantee what was 'fun' back then would be much worse than what they claim GTAw is now.

At one point in time, LSRP was also in this position and it's to my understanding that they just haven't caught up to what was our 2017-2018 breakthrough point but that day will come and if we don't make our stance on heavy roleplay clear then the window of opportunity will close. Let me break down your last example for emphasis. 

This isn't realistic. This is someone's interpretation of 'fun' and this is what would plague the server if we didn't enforce a 'realistic' atmosphere. People have different definitions of fun because it's supposed to be something that you enjoy doing. These people obviously enjoy doing this, which is why it's so ruinous. They don't roleplay for 'realism' they roleplay for a release and if you enforce this 'standard' then this is the type of players you will attract by default. So on one hand, you're saying "That server is full of people RPing who they wish they could be" (which falls under the definition of 'fun' but on the other, you're saying "Everyone knows how to RP by now, lets have fun" (which also falls under the definition of 'fun') and what that is, is a double standard.

If a server advertises itself as a 'heavy roleplay server' then it can't leave it open to interpretation. People can have 'fun' without being unrealistic. People can have 'fun' while being realistic. It all depends on the enforcement of this. I've been around since 2007 and I've played in every era of the server and going back to the 'old days' would be a step backward. Everyone and everything has evolved since then and it'd go against the grain to go back to a day and age where nobody had a real understanding of what 'heavy rp' actually was. I wouldn't by any means classify the competition as 'super realistic,' in fact, I consider them to be the opposite of that and if I were to categorize, I'd label them a light roleplay server. 

In terms of 'ultra realism,' I'd say we've always had a good balance. Factions and players have the creative freedom to do what they want as long as they can justify their actions or plans with logic. This is something I have been pushing for since I've returned and will continue to push for.

What we need (more than anything) is clarity on where we 'stand' on these subjects from the administration. I think we all know where we'd like to stand, we'd just like reassurance. 

I can agree on needing more clarity. I think I speak for a lot of people LSRP on SAMP was not enjoyable around 2018-end. The novelty started to die down in 2018 and plummeted until it's nail in the coffin. Luckily, that existing management doesn't exist and LSRP has a clean slate. It's refreshing to hope there will be more transparency and better management. As much as I poke around at making jokes ab LSRP, I do actually like the direction I've seen Martin boy and co take it. I am excited, but I do not want this server on a rules and RP level to feel anything like what already exists. I want to know I am playing LSRP, the server we all loved and grew up on. 

"This isn't realistic. This is someone's interpretation of 'fun' and this is what would plague the server if we didn't enforce a 'realistic' atmosphere. People have different definitions of fun because it's supposed to be something that you enjoy doing. These people obviously enjoy doing this, which is why it's so ruinous. They don't roleplay for 'realism' they roleplay for a release and if you enforce this 'standard' then this is the type of players you will attract by default. So on one hand, you're saying "That server is full of people RPing who they wish they could be" (which falls under the definition of 'fun' but on the other, you're saying "Everyone knows how to RP by now, lets have fun" (which also falls under the definition of 'fun') and what that is, is a double standard."

And yes, I know that aspect of that said server is not realistic. But it's not fun, either. 

21 21 21

I feel like the 'downfall' of LS-RP was because most of the 'elitists' (I say this loosely) left. This became evident by the state of the server pre-closure where the standards fell to an all-time low. There were factions in positions they'd never have been in without the decline and people in influential positions who were there to 'gatekeep'. I feel like we've missed the most quintessential part of a community for quite some time; an engaging community manager who picks up the slack for the developers (who are probably overwhelmed with work) and is articulate and knowledgeable enough to know the brand they represent. There's no real 'bridge' or liaison between the brand and the community right now to engage in these issues of 'transparency' or to create new or build on current relationships. 

Edited by Chuckles
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 2

14 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

I feel like the 'downfall' of LS-RP was because most of the 'elitists' (I say this loosely) left. This became evident by the state of the server pre-closure where the standards fell to an all-time low. There were factions in positions they'd never have been in without the decline and people in influential positions who were there to 'gatekeep'. I feel like we've missed the most quintessential part of a community for quite some time; an engaging community manager who picks up the slack for the developers and is articulate and knowledgeable enough to know the brand they represent. There's no real 'bridge' or liaison between the brand and the community right now to engage in these issues of 'transparency' or to create new or build on current relationships. 

Couldn't agree more, lets hope for the best. 

21 21 21

I've read through your post and the replies that were given but I got to disagree with you on this. I understand where you are coming from and my nostalgia of LS-RP also gives me all those comebacks and memories. Every now and then I go through the screenshots that I took or the videos that I made and just chuckle at how much fun I had. I remember 5th and 6th street (if I recall correctly) and how dangerous it was for you to be around. Or how main street was packed with vehicles for Octopussy. Or how Idlestacks always had something going on.

Those are just memories and nostalgia. I've moved on from that era and if I would go back and play in such a setting, I'd probably get bored of how the roleplay standard was or how unrealistic it was. Most people who have played during that time have matured, grown older and realized what kind of setting LSRP was back then. I'm not saying that I hate it since I enjoyed it so much but I have grown an interest in the roleplay that you describe. The more slow laid back roleplay that goes way more in-depth. I'm not for a 1:1 simulator or a super realistic server but I doubt anyone wants that. People value their characters way more now and create a story that fits their character (most people, you still have questionable roleplayers). 

I definitely want more realism.  I think a lot of it centers on rules and the balance between having too many rules and not enough to define realistic portrayals. If robberies happen non-stop and without care or regard of being caught then one needs to look at the rules or define a better punishment system if caught. 

As for Staff, we need to be fair and consistent. It’s an all around balancing act that will  separate us from other servers based on how we address the above. 

The last part is the script itself. Scripting in realism such as a banking system etc. will bring you into the immersive environment. 

Edited by Flemwad
  • Clap 2

Sorry but your proposal sounds like an RPG server. People have a lot of fun roleplaying realistic characters in realistic scenarios - the mall rats had the name for a reason, that always ruined the fun for whoever was in the area(got my car stolen more than 5 times from there even though the place was in the middle of the city and realistically no one would steal a car from a place like that, countless fights, people just messing around), and it created this 'bubble' of middle to low roleplay, which eventually affected the server's reputation.

The whole purpose of LSRP is that here people have a high standard when it comes to roleplay, compared to other communities or servers where players want the 'fun(which is not fun at all) part.  Lack of roleplay would basically label LSRP as a middle to low roleplay server where people can mess things up - that's why people who acted like that always got punished. I remember when I was an admin that  I caught this group of 4 guys in a car basically killing people at 6AM for no reason, and when I questioned them they simply said 'we just wanted to have fun', which, to me, makes no excuse to their behaviour. 

As someone else said above, the definition of fun can vary from a guy to another, that's why we have a variety of factions and groups, where some are more character development oriented, where others are oriented to making money and have fun like you said (brawls, etc.). I think that we have the right balance between fun and realistic environments. Mall rats will always exists, and it's OK because it creates the proper place for people who want to 'have fun' to have a place for that, but for the rest of us I believe we would want to keep it classy and realistic. The mall had an RPG feeling around it, because those people barely did any proper roleplay or had any intention to pursue a development of a character - they all had expensive cars and fancy clothes and went from a club to another, had some 'fun' and that was it.  I was a mallrat when I started here because I had no idea what to do, so it's OK to hang out at first when you don't know anyone and you look for any roleplay to exercise, but after a while I joined a lot of factions and changed my attitude when it came to roleplaying.

tldr: LSRP is a high standard roleplay server, the 'fun' part that you're describing sounds a lot like an RPG server which I doubt anyone will want to have here - 'fun' means something else for everyone of us, and I think that more than 50-60% of people here are for quality roleplay and not DMing people. 

• OK 1

On 3/15/2022 at 11:42 PM, Ronnie2Polez said:

I miss the old LSRP back in '15-'16 when you could go to the mall one evening and hang out with other mallrats, some idiot comes up with a bat and starts a massive brawl, police and paramedics come etc. It was chaos but it was fun. Realistic? Not at all.

Just no, bruh.

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

• 1 month later...

i know what you mean, because it reminds me of the good old days on samp roleplay servers, but could be problems, many things have changed, it doesn't mean that I would like a copy of the some rp server and this server should stand out in many ways, there should be some balance between fun and realism so that there is no exaggeration, but rather what stood out in the gameplay on lsrp, plus the fact that everyone differently defines every little thing, such as "fun" on rp, so should be simple and clear for everyone, it's a tough and extensive topic, but everything has pros and cons that depend on everything

I've been on RPG and later on RP servers on SAMP since 2009. While I have to agree I used to have a lot of fun on the lighter ones, people should also remember we were all younger and more immature back then and our interests and perspective were much different.

However the one thing I can say about realistic and so called "heavy RP" is that immersion is a deciding factor in how much fun are you going to have. When done right it can be amazing and give you such satisfaction that you wanna keep going back for more. Key to success, as someone mentioned before, is to have balance between fun and realism which is where the server rules come into play to set a even playing field for the whole community. However as with all things, balance is a tricky thing and sometimes the scale can tip one way or the other, but it's important to look at the state in general, which I think LSRP on SAMP was perfectly fine on and should remain as such.

Edited by Macarooney

On 5/10/2022 at 4:27 AM, Sons said:

i know what you mean, because it reminds me of the good old days on samp roleplay servers, but could be problems, many things have changed, it doesn't mean that I would like a copy of the some rp server and this server should stand out in many ways, there should be some balance between fun and realism so that there is no exaggeration, but rather what stood out in the gameplay on lsrp, plus the fact that everyone differently defines every little thing, such as "fun" on rp, so should be simple and clear for everyone, it's a tough and extensive topic, but everything has pros and cons that depend on everything

Only reason I suggested this is because bluntly put, GTA:W is already doing exactly this.

The competition point is what, here on LSRP V? A semi different script? Maybe, better illegal RP. Nothing guaranteed. 

So, why would anyone expect people to flock over here from there, when here - is almost the exact same thing.

My point is, GTA:W has flaws - like the RP in general is pretty weird and not fun, where people like me who played LSRP for years know what I mean, and know what I'm trying to say when I say GTA:W is trying too hard to be like real life. Look, I'm all for realism, but there has to be a balnance.

If LSRP V goes for that super hyper realism thing, then this server will be exactly like GTA:W.

Edited by Ronnie2Polez

21 21 21

One of the reasons why people could come over is because they are done with the politics and the drama that GTA:W has every now and then. Just look at the absolute garbage handling from their management at the LSSD this weekend, it screams amateur all over.

But then again, if stuff like this happens on this server, people will go back or join another server. 

It's hard already to stand out as a roleplay community and to get a solid playerbase since there are alternatives with similar scripts and the whole yankee doodle but right now LS-RP isn't doing well with the development and the relation with the community. 

3 minutes ago, Tseard1 said:

One of the reasons why people could come over is because they are done with the politics and the drama that GTA:W has every now and then. Just look at the absolute garbage handling from their management at the LSSD this weekend, it screams amateur all over.

But then again, if stuff like this happens on this server, people will go back or join another server. 

It's hard already to stand out as a roleplay community and to get a solid playerbase since there are alternatives with similar scripts and the whole yankee doodle but right now LS-RP isn't doing well with the development and the relation with the community. 

I agree, but that same drama and weirdness is found here too on LSRP. Look at the release date drama, like you said.

21 21 21

On 5/12/2022 at 7:00 PM, Ronnie2Polez said:

Only reason I suggested this is because bluntly put, GTA:W is already doing exactly this.

The competition point is what, here on LSRP V? I semi different script? Maybe, better illegal RP. Nothing guaranteed. 

So, why would anyone expect people to flock over here from there, when here - is almost the exact same thing.

My point is, GTA:W has flaws - like the RP in general is pretty weird and not fun, where people like me who played LSRP for years know what I mean, and know what I'm trying to say when I say GTA:W is trying too hard to be like real life. Look, I'm all for realism, but there has to be a balnance.

If LSRP V goes for that super hyper realism thing, then this server will be exactly like GTA:W.

I know exactly what you mean, I would like to see something different, but the gta world has, for example an illegal side problem, so it should be better illegal things here.

lsrp shouldn't be too realistic because it spoiled this type of gameplay, from what I know and heard, it was something different before, okay lsrp doesn't have to do exactly the same as before, but there shouldn't be such a drastic change that happened in later times and that spoiled a lot of things. I really liked the lsrp gameplay, it stood out from the rest, there were different standards that allowed you to do a lot of things where you couldn't elsewhere, it was the magic of lsrp

Realism - everyone has a point of view, Fun - everyone has a point of view, Roleplay - everyone has a point of view,  light, medium, heavy - everyone has a point of view etc. = everyone has own opinion and interpretation about many things related to roleplay, this is ambiguous, it was, is and will be, it needs to be clearly and cleanly stated

In fact, everything has pros and cons, but also problems, every server, every server over the years, every era, old, new standards etc.

LSRP was the best place for RPers because it was realistic, and promoted (at least tried to) creative roleplay. The limit was your imagination. You could laugh your ass over to a police cruiser going Mach 1 into the ISS because of a bug, then you could go on with your RP like nothing happened. But those creativity aspect unfortunately doesn't justify a gang of mallrats brawling with civilians or the police every 30 seconds over silliest things. 

LSRP should make people feel like they are playing on a "serious fun" server, instead of making people (especially cops) deal with those mallrats / trolls / DMers everyday only to end up with the subpar RP quality that will make them question their whole life. I'm not saying that it should be some elitist shit where people gets literally disowned or bullied for what they RP, but at the same time there should be a clear line between creative roleplay and borderline trolling and subpar RP.

• Thumbs 1
  • Strong 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Discord communities ruined the fun forever. I don't think it'll be as much fun as It was back in the day. Nostalgia make so many people think that It was way better back in the day, which was not but with today's mentality, discord communities, shitload of nepotism and so on, the roleplay as a whole is ruined. But who knows maybe I'm wrong.

• Thumbs 2

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on the PERSON. For example, for me the Mafia and Gang RP became very boring, because they started acting like modern organizations. They used to stay low profile and were very limited by ROE (As I remember there were rules that even prevented more than 4 members to participate in a faction attack). 

I have to heavily disagree with this, while I understand that you might have nostalgia of the past and whatnot; in the end roleplay  is more or less about  portraying something in a realistic  setting per say but writing your own narrative/story within said universe. And yes people have different types of fun, but I'm fairly certain I speak for a lot of people when I say that tons of people have way more fun when they roleplay a character that's realistically driven with a life and actual friendships/relationships etc that keeps them coming back for more, instead of a character that's 22 and has killed 60 people in a gangwar.

Edited by Freedom Fighter
  • Thumbs 1

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-R

LS-RP's golden years were from 2012 to 2015. In golden years I mean the activity of the server. In these years fun and realism were balanced.  Mobs  did not try to act like real life modern low profile hidden mafia  and gangs were not limited by new ROE.  Server went downhill when the management thought that enforcing realism with new additional rules would have helped.  I understand your opinion, but at the end of day it is a Grand Theft Auto and people crave for some action. I understand that in real life you may not see 30 gang members shooting each other, but hey...it's a game.  We are here to have fun, right? I understand that modern mafias don't "shake down" businesses like they did back in 20th century, but hey, it's a game once again.  From my point of view, realism and fun must be balanced. You can always have your character development with out removing action from your role-play. For example, limiting player count to participate in a faction war  just kills the fun for half of the faction. Closing down Casinos and Betting shops instead of helping them to improve role-play is wrong.  Official OCGs  not willing to deal their drugs/guns with most of the players/factions is wrong. 

On 3/16/2022 at 8:42 AM, Ronnie2Polez said:

On 3/16/2022 at 10:01 AM, Chuckles said:

There  was no real standard effectuated until probably 2017-2018. This is the timeframe many of us would consider the 'golden age' of LSRP. What nostalgia does is bring you back in time-- to a time where 'roleplay' was a glorified game of cops and robbers. Everything was mediocre pre-2016/2017, the characters, the factions, and the staff.

Just goes to show how everyones opinions on what made LSRP great are varied. I thought every year after 2015 the RP got progressively worse and the game became less enjoyable.

I see both sides of the realistic-fun spectrum arguements and think it should be a hybrid, like it was back in the day. I strongly feel like 2 things that massively kneecapped and continued the downward spiral of the SAMP server were the restrictions against selling weapons attained through a weapons permit and the reduction and eventual rare use of tasers. The banning of selling legally bought weapons made the gun trade way too restrictive to a point where a genuine money making scheme arose of people with access to weapon suppliers stockpiling weapons for years on end. As this happened people became more fearless, since guns were hard to find the amount of cars being stolen just looking for guns increased. Having a gun made you more likely to get robbed instead of less. The increase in difficulty finding guns meant that people were less likely to accept a loss in a situation that would lead them to losing their weapons, where in the past people didn't mind as much because it only took 3.5k (around 10k after you factor in being scammed a couple times) and some looking around to get another one. I remember before this being arrested so many times with guns, at a point where shooting a cop purely because you had and could lose your gun would get you ajailed, as would rambo'ing 5 different cops unrealistically. 

Bats became more common because they were the only weapon low level/poor people could get their hands on. And you started seeing shit like massive baseball bat fights occuring more often and often, something that previously only occurred when two gangs were having a little bit of tension. And then PD/SD started to progressively use their tasers less. Yes, the Damian excuse of Stark manufactured tasers were a little unrealistic and maybe even overused (I remember borderline sniping people with them), but they balanced the game a bit. I'm not sure whether some new rules came in or what, but when cops started using them less they also stopped bothering as much with less exciting things. People fighting infront of cops KNOWING that they aren't going to do anything, when previously if they were using a bat they'd have been tased within seconds. It seemed strongly like cops all but stopped doing any foot chases because they would become prolonged and boring.

tl;dr the game needs to be somewhat balanced and fun before the RP is prioritised. People will disregard good RP in favor of fun if that's their only option. If unrealistic things are necessary to balance the game then consider how they will fit the "fun" element. Tasers for a period unrealistically balanced the game for the greater good, restricting selling legal weapons unrealistically made the game less fun.

The authenticity of this server has been realistic role-play for the past few years. I understand that what may have been perceived fun back then is poor role-play, but being able to engage in scenarios with the goal of maximum realistic portrayal is what has made this fun for me. Being able to get a small taste of an experience many of us will never get to do in real life. 

There are many other games and communities that offer a more relaxed type of role-play in the market right now, whereas I believe that sticking with the principles that we've had as a community when it comes to what we perceive realistic & fun after the period @Chuckles has pointed out, should be the case here. This is exactly what we have aimed for within Faction Team as well, for illegal factions. However, I am a firm believer that everyone should be held to the same base standard. We can't expect everyone to have "fun" and role-play like this is GTA Online and kneecap illegal role-players with restrictions because they'll hurt people's feelings out of character if they approach them, neither reward GTA Online-esque mass shootings with 30 people.

I think these principles are what has made us stand out for years and will continue to do so. 

• Thumbs 2

On 3/15/2022 at 8:19 PM, Chuckles said:

I feel like the 'downfall' of LS-RP was because most of the 'elitists' (I say this loosely) left. This became evident by the state of the server pre-closure where the standards fell to an all-time low. 

Chuckles summed it up well the ultimate death of LSRP was essentially when in the span of a few weeks Valenti and several other "elitist" factions closed. While the population had declined over the years it plummeted from around 175-200 players at peak to 30-50. Once the server got to that low number of players standards absolutely fell apart and the server nearly became unplayable. 

When I first started roleplaying I was in my mid teens and there was nothing more fun than getting into a daily 50+ person brawl between BBB and Hoovers. However, now I'm in my early 20s and what I find fun when it comes to roleplay is much different. Not saying everyone needs to be like me but obviously by this thread many feel similar. 

I also think many people would feel the opposite of you, that standards on the other server aren't high enough. 

My favorite year on LSRP was probably 2018-2019, sure we didn't have 600 players but the quality over quantity was much better. 

Edited by VaudeVillain
  • Thumbs 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 7:02 PM, dzgapaan said:

LS-RP's golden years were from 2012 to 2015. In golden years I mean the activity of the server. In these years fun and realism were balanced.  Mobs  did not try to act like real life modern low profile hidden mafia  and gangs were not limited by new ROE.  Server went downhill when the management thought that enforcing realism with new additional rules would have helped.  I understand your opinion, but at the end of day it is a Grand Theft Auto and people crave for some action. I understand that in real life you may not see 30 gang members shooting each other, but hey...it's a game.  We are here to have fun, right? I understand that modern mafias don't "shake down" businesses like they did back in 20th century, but hey, it's a game once again.  From my point of view, realism and fun must be balanced. You can always have your character development with out removing action from your role-play. For example, limiting player count to participate in a faction war  just kills the fun for half of the faction. Closing down Casinos and Betting shops instead of helping them to improve role-play is wrong.  Official OCGs  not willing to deal their drugs/guns with most of the players/factions is wrong. 

I don't know if realism is a good term, more hyperrealism, making an exact copy of the real world to the point of absurdity, where more and more bureaucracy and paradoxes began to appear in the game, which could happen more in real life than in the game. I understand that each game/server can have different concepts and there can be hyperrealism, which is okay, but it doesn't have to and shouldn't be on lsrp, should create more alternative realities/ virtual realities/concepts even as it is on Russian roleplay servers, for example on trinity, where there are three states that are separated, one is a republic, the other a federation (as I remember correctly) of course there can be a million ideas (same as creating books, movies, series etc.) I don't know why not to go this way, focus on the game world, bring some things to results IC'ly and don't exaggerate to make real life out of it, that is for some time to be on the same patterns/follow the same path as today's roleplay servers

Edited by Sons