An Idea to the weed system

itsthor

Hey wonderful people.

NO THIS DOES NOT NEED TO BE ADDED AT LAUNCH FOR THE LAST TIME

What do you think about a realistic system?
A system that actually would make sence!

Weed system idea!
A complex system that would make it a bit more difficult to roll a joint.

In order to roll a joint you would need a cone and a mixer board.

If you got pot you would need to grind it first.

If you got hash, you would need either pot or tobacco to mix it up with in order to roll a joint.

As it looks right now you buy lets say 5 grams pot or hash from your dealer.
And you might just open your inventory, and just pressing use without having any of the actual items to actually roll a joint.

Prerolled joints should be an option too, because people who don't wanna buy the other stuff can just fire it up without anything.

That goes for lighters aswell, we need those!

It is too unrealistic to just buy a gram of marijuana and then just instantly fire it up and have a joint in your hand.

I hope people get my point and once again.
NO THIS DOES NOT NEED TO BE ADDED AT LAUNCH FOR THE LAST TIME!

I'm interested in why you would want to make rolling a joint more difficult. It's pretty easy in real life and none of the items you mentioned (beside papers) are actually required to roll a joint.

However, from what I understand is that you'd like to see more drug paraphernalia available at some point to make drug usage more immersive. Not a bad idea and I think it would open up opportunities for people who'd like to run a head shop that sells bongs, or simply a 24/7 that sells papers, swishers and all that stuff.

• Thumbs 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

More paraphernalia would be an interesting concept. Requires a little more effort than just RPing you have it, but that’s okay. You also run the risk of getting pulled over or stopped with the paraphernalia, and cops seeking probable cause to search your vehicle.

could be interesting I suppose

I'm not in favor of this for various reasons, but the main one is that it seems kind of pointless to make smoking weed IC a chore. Adding onto that, i'm a marijuana smoker irl who rarely ever smokes anything other than joints and I have no clue what a mixing board or a cone is or why they'd be needed for the act of rolling plant matter up in a piece of paper and lighting it on fire.

• Thumbs 1

4 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

I'm not in favor of this for various reasons, but the main one is that it seems kind of pointless to make smoking weed IC a chore. Adding onto that, i'm a marijuana smoker irl who rarely ever smokes anything other than joints and I have no clue what a mixing board or a cone is or why they'd be needed for the act of rolling plant matter up in a piece of paper and lighting it on fire.

This is also true. 

many many ways to smoke. I could use a fucking Apple if I wanted to (and have lmao) maybe it would be best to not make it such a chore.

with that said, it couldn’t stop at just weed; you’d have to do the same for every other drug being introduced in the script. So yeah, i redact my earlier post. 

On 3/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, itsthor said:

Hey wonderful people.

NO THIS DOES NOT NEED TO BE ADDED AT LAUNCH FOR THE LAST TIME

What do you think about a realistic system?
A system that actually would make sence!

Weed system idea!
A complex system that would make it a bit more difficult to roll a joint.

In order to roll a joint you would need a cone and a mixer board.

If you got pot you would need to grind it first.

If you got hash, you would need either pot or tobacco to mix it up with in order to roll a joint.

As it looks right now you buy lets say 5 grams pot or hash from your dealer.
And you might just open your inventory, and just pressing use without having any of the actual items to actually roll a joint.

Prerolled joints should be an option too, because people who don't wanna buy the other stuff can just fire it up without anything.

That goes for lighters aswell, we need those!

It is too unrealistic to just buy a gram of marijuana and then just instantly fire it up and have a joint in your hand.

I hope people get my point and once again.

1) Complex system that would make it a bit more difficult to roll a joint -> No, it is too much a RPGish system. I don't really like the idea, plus imagine if you're roleplaying and you have to roll a joint and people around you has to wait you to finish your "mini-game".
2) If you got pot you would need to grind it first -> Same, too RPGish, plus the grinder would be useful just for this thing, seems to be a useless thing that might be role-played.
3) To me tobacco can be added and mixed, for this thing is a yes.

For the rest mmmh.. I am not sure, I mean.. this is that kind of things that might come with you as long as you're roleplaying.. I mean, if I buy a gram of marijuana I am not just going to fire it up and smoke it, I would roleplay something before for obvious reasons.

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

On 3/17/2022 at 8:23 PM, nova said:

I'm interested in why you would want to make rolling a joint more difficult. It's pretty easy in real life and none of the items you mentioned (beside papers) are actually required to roll a joint.

This ^

Also: I don't know who needs to hear this, but adding a boatload of extra rpg elements and chat commands doesn't equate to rp quality.

If anything, it's a headache. Like, can I just chill on the block and smoke a joint without worrying about 20 commands or grinding rolling papers?

• Thumbs 1

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png