Should Car Keys be an item?

MZeded

With the amount of PK's for some people it would be problematic.  I would say no considering a PK could be problematic and lead to further roleplay as a result of your death..  IE. Someone finds your body grabs a key off of you and you then respawn and report it stolen or chase down the person etc. 

Edited by Flemwad
  • Thumbs 2

Yeah I quite like that idea! As Flemwad mentioned, things like PKs would need to be considered though. I'm thinking of it more in the case of giving someone keys or potentially stealing them, but perhaps they should just not be able to be picked up on death. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

They should be able to get robbed off of you, however you should also have the possibility to create a new key at City Hall or something to give to a friend.. going a bit further, maybe having a key allows you to vspawn the car if you're near the spawning area? Against losing keys upon being PK'd.

Edited by skyrocket

No, why not just keep it simple like the way it was back the, nobody wants to have a key they have to worry about in their inventory, just let it be duplicated to a name you choose if needed, robbed or something. Them having a key, that maybe they store in their property or something, then die and still have it, etc etc, it can be abused alot I think.

On 3/14/2022 at 9:10 PM, Flemwad said:

With the amount of PK's for some people it would be problematic.  I would say no considering a PK could be problematic and lead to further roleplay as a result of your death..  IE. Someone finds your body grabs a key off of you and you then respawn and report it stolen or chase down the person etc. 

I have to agree with Flemwad here. Making duplicate keys temporarily like on LSRP samp would be good, you could also make another system for permanent keys to share with close friends but you could pull the keys at anytime or when you are near that close friend of yours. 

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

Owlgaming had a beautiful system just like the one y’all describing. Vehicle keys are acquired upon purchase and can be given out to any player, yet they aren’t dropped on death. Vehicle keys can also be copied at the city hall for a small fee. Vehicle keys were also allowed to be stolen/robbed (with permisson), which could prompt the player to call the cops and have their ignition swapped by a trained mechanic. Not sure how you guys feel about it or how you guys wanna go about it, just shedding light on a system I’ve seen in the past.