Household Pets Expansion!

It's time to bring the Tamagotchi to GTA V.

I'm not sure of the plans about pets on the server, but I'd like to share my thoughts regarding it. 

I wouldn't mind it being behind a ONE TIME payment, not a monthly payment. If I could dish out $15 to keep my poodle forever, then well I'd be happy with that. That way the server gets supported and I can keep my puppy or kitten. My pet shouldn't disappear because I decided not to donate for one month or two, I want it for rp and it shouldn't be blocked behind a monthly paywall. I want to pay for it once, whatever the price is.

Also I'd be fine with each animal being sold separately which then would be added to your account or character. So I could spend $15 for a poodle, $15 for a bulldog and $15 for a kitty. That's $45 for you to keep 3 different animals permanently on your account. That's a great way to handle pets in my opinion and the server could add more pets with server mods, bringing out fresh breeds of animals for sale(Dobermann, Rottweiler etc), maybe even place pet shops in game so players can actually rp picking out pets(NPC Pets on display) and receiving a pet in real in-game time to make it more of a fluent (active) purchase if possible. You could even map in dog parks for players to take their pets to and rp.

There'd obviously be limits to this -->

- You'd only be able to have one pet spawned at a time

Now I do understand that this could use many resources from the server if there were a bunch of pets in one location on the map.

- You could sorta bypass that by restricting the /spawnpet command and only allowing so many animal spawns within a certain area to reduce lag. "(Too many pets in location, please find another spot.)" Kind of like the boombox script that didn't allow you to place it too close to another one on samp lsrp. And even more in depth. ( Your pet will be despawned in 40 seconds, to many pets in current location. ) - if you were the last one to spawn it at it's limit that is or something like that.

This is just a general idea, a suggestion that I figured could help the server and provide a different aspect or open new doors for players to experience. If this is to many resources then that's fine, but I do think it's the best way to handle pets personally. 

Anyway, thank you for reading. 😃

Edited by Natasha Valentine
  • Thumbs 1

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

Yeah we do love the idea of having pets. I worry about people potentially kidnapping them or RPing hurting them because that would really not sit well with me at all on an OOC level, even just for RP. 

Seeing people walking their dogs and stuff would be great though, and having a cat wander around the house when you have guests etc. Just another layer of immersion. 

Decided to dip, at least for a bit. Reasoning and shit is here.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Allegra said:

Yeah we do love the idea of having pets. I worry about people potentially kidnapping them or RPing hurting them because that would really not sit well with me at all on an OOC level, even just for RP. 

Seeing people walking their dogs and stuff would be great though, and having a cat wander around the house when you have guests etc. Just another layer of immersion. 

Wasn’t animal cruelty against the rules? 

8 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Wasn’t animal cruelty against the rules? 

I haven't been able to find anything, but I imagine it would come under this: 

spacer.png

I'd personally just put it in there for clarity that the harming of animals isn't allowed. I can't imagine anyone would really want to do this, but you never really know. 

Edit: I'm not sure if the LEO factions will have K9 units, in which case I'd understand if they'd want to be able to defend themselves against an attacking dog. I suppose it also depends on whether it'd be allowed to have guard dogs, for instance, in which case they're sort of naturally in harm's way. Bit of a grey area that one. 

Edited by Allegra
Guard dogs and K9

Good luck!

44 minutes ago, mtz64 said:

Do we really need this?

I feel like there's much more to cover, we should first focus on features that will benefit largest possible player base.

Oh aye this definitely falls into the "nice to have" rather than the "give us this asap" category. Even so it'd be cool to see imo. 

• Thumbs 1

Good luck!

This sounds fine, but as someone else said, this is nice to have later on. One time payment sounds more reasonable rather than a monthly payment, that would interfere with the roleplay itself and it’s not so nice to have your animal taken away. 

Not sure how it goes, if everyone can see the dog and if the dog can move, play, eat food, etc - like the dog Franklin had. If that’s the case, I’d love to own a dog to take me to the forest with me, definitely!