Permanent vehicles ingame rather then spawned in.

On 3/3/2022 at 6:28 PM, Redz said:

I'd say keep it as it was before, if the player is online it will stay spawned unlessย  v parked. If they're offline , Despawn on the hour if not in use.

I'm with this all the way.

๐—ฅ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—š๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—”๐—ฑ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ

On 3/3/2022 at 6:17 AM, Tseard1 said:

good idea on paper, bad idea when executed

Your name looks familiar, you once played MTA no? if so you'd know exactly what im talking about.

ย 

On 3/3/2022 at 10:14 AM, KR4STL said:

I can see that a lot of people are disagreeing with this, I think it could be compromised so that vehicles stay on the server for at least 2 hours after a disconnect. That way there will always be cars parked around but not 10s of thousands.

Ideally I too would love to see all cars always spawned in but looks like most people are against it.

Even this, there is always a compromiseย to make it work one way or another.

ย 

On 3/3/2022 at 10:38 AM, Biskit said:

I believe that the city would look way cooler if all vehicles were to stay instead of being spawnable and despawnable. However there are a few issues that I see with this and I write this from experience. The issues that I can see in this are as follows:

• The vehicles would be compromised to cheaters. (Players would refrain from storing anything in their vehicles)
  • There would be definitely a lot of unrealistic parking all over the place which breaks immersion for role-players in the area.
  • There is a possibility that with so many vehicles spawned it could cause some sort of lag.

Because of these reasons I believe that it is a way better method to have a spawn and despawn system simply because players would use their vehicle when intended to for role-play, when they're done they would most likely end up parking it and despawning. That's just my two cents on the topic.

ย 

Unrealistic parking would fall under having a towing & recovery faction/company to deal with said issues. Lag issues can be scripted to have it despawn after a set amount of time etc.

10 hours ago, Natasha Valentine said:

ย 

I agree, it'd create massive lag. I'd keep it exactly as it was on samp. Players can /v park their vehicles as they please. Don't make things more difficult for players then it has to be. Some players may want to despawn vehicles due to certain circumstances relating to rp etc. Don't "fix" what ain't broke, people liked it since the start of LSRP on samp all the way to 2021.

/vparking in in quick succession is not realistic nor RP'ish at all. Nothing is making it difficult at all other than a car always being in its spot/driveway/garage at all (or most) times. As for the "don't fix what isn't broke", is more of a dwell on the past and more or so something that needs updating, like people say its 2022, not 2012, imo a better system should be made/ is needed cause from my past playing experience, /vpark and your car despawning at the moments instant is not realistic in the slightest. If i go outside my house irl, my car is in my driveway, not hidden away by a command to never be seen unless i spawn it.ย 

12 hours ago, Hughesy said:

/vparking in in quick succession is not realistic nor RP'ish at all. Nothing is making it difficult at all other than a car always being in its spot/driveway/garage at all (or most) times. As for the "don't fix what isn't broke", is more of a dwell on the past and more or so something that needs updating, like people say its 2022, not 2012, imo a better system should be made/ is needed cause from my past playing experience, /vpark and your car despawning at the moments instant is not realistic in the slightest. If i go outside my house irl, my car is in my driveway, not hidden away by a command to never be seen unless i spawn it.ย 

ย 

You have unrealistic expectations of the server, the amount of resources it'd waste on forcing everyone's car to remain spawned would be pointless. I rather see those resources go towards exterior furnishing and less lag if any which would benefit rp way more then a basic parked car. Also putting restraints on people when they can park a car or not is ridiculous, that is a step backwards. Plus if players own multiple vehicles, like 5. That means all 5 would be forced to remain spawned on the server. Let the players decide what they want to use and when and if players non-rply despawn their car during a robbery or something then report them as we've been doing since 2007. Some systems do not have to change. This also helps prevents trolls that keep randomly bashing your vehicle with a baseball bat for no reason while running away then coming back hundreds of times, constantly interrupting your rp etc. There's plenty of other reasons why /vpark is a good idea, mentioned in several other posts above.ย 

ย 

Same with going to server events which have a lot of lag or riots, at least players would be able to park their vehicle to ease server resources during large rp scenarios etc, it's not worth seeing a car if it's not in use and you aren't rping with it either. Makes it easier on the players and the server to allow /vpark at the playersย discretion.ย 

Edited by Natasha Valentine

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

39 minutes ago, Natasha Valentine said:

ย 

You have unrealistic expectations of the server, the amount of resources it'd waste on forcing everyone's car to remain spawned would be pointless. I rather see those resources go towards exterior furnishing and less lag if any which would benefit rp way more then a basic parked car. Also putting restraints on people when they can park a car or not is ridiculous, that is a step backwards. Plus if players own multiple vehicles, like 5. That means all 5 would be forced to remain spawned on the server. Let the players decide what they want to use and when and if players non-rply despawn their car during a robbery or something then report them as we've been doing since 2007. Some systems do not have to change. This also helps prevents trolls that keep randomly bashing your vehicle with a baseball bat for no reason while running away then coming back hundreds of times, constantly interrupting your rp etc. There's plenty of other reasons why /vpark is a good idea, mentioned in several other posts above.ย 

ย 

Same with going to server events which have a lot of lag or riots, at least players would be able to park their vehicle to ease server resources during large rp scenarios etc, it's not worth seeing a car if it's not in use and you aren't rping with it either. Makes it easier on the players and the server to allow /vpark at the playersย discretion.ย 

It's not an unrealistic expectation, it is quite simple to implement. I've played on countless servers both MTA & SA:MP that have used a similar system with minimal resources with maybe 50-60 lines of code, and that is just the basic of keeping a vehicle in its constant xyz pos. If a player has five-ten-twenty vehicles, then so be it, but most could (including faction vehicles that are in a "garage") be in an interior/ seperate dimension. There is multiple work arounds to save on performance and stream issues, doing the same thing since 2007 isn't going to polish and keep a server up to date, systems are always being updated to new ways, and this could be one of them. Vehicles can despawn after a set time, after restart etc etc etc.ย 

ย 

If a troll smashed your vehicle then its not hard to /report and have an admin /fixveh no? If not then buy a house with a garage and store it so it wont be destroyed in public.

ย 

It's like having an iphone 3 and not upgrading because it still "works", but people do it anyways because its a new thing, not the same they've been using before and used to.ย 

An unrealistic expectation would be having a convo with a player In-Character, asking if they have a truck and them going "Yeah man its just parked right here on the side of the road" and all of a sudden a vehicle appearing and so on. There is many ways to make it work flawless, having towing companys to control incorrect parking and impounding, admin commands to respawn a district or all server vehicles to spread them out via /parked location, or have it disappear cause the hobo on the corner jimmy rigged the lock and hotwired it. But said hobo can't steal a vehicle he was scouting for days if said vehicle is magically gone into thin air at the typing of a command.

ย 

ย 

Edited by Hughesy

48 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

It's not an unrealistic expectation, it is quite simple to implement. I've played on countless servers both MTA & SA:MP that have used a similar system with minimal resources with maybe 50-60 lines of code, and that is just the basic of keeping a vehicle in its constant xyz pos. If a player has five-ten-twenty vehicles, then so be it, but most could (including faction vehicles that are in a "garage") be in an interior/ seperate dimension. There is multiple work arounds to save on performance and stream issues, doing the same thing since 2007 isn't going to polish and keep a server up to date, systems are always being updated to new ways, and this could be one of them. Vehicles can despawn after a set time, after restart etc etc etc.ย 

ย 

If a troll smashed your vehicle then its not hard to /report and have an admin /fixveh no? If not then buy a house with a garage and store it so it wont be destroyed in public.

ย 

It's like having an iphone 3 and not upgrading because it still "works", but people do it anyways because its a new thing, not the same they've been using before and used to.ย 

An unrealistic expectation would be having a convo with a player In-Character, asking if they have a truck and them going "Yeah man its just parked right here on the side of the road" and all of a sudden a vehicle appearing and so on. There is many ways to make it work flawless, having towing companys to control incorrect parking and impounding, admin commands to respawn a district or all server vehicles to spread them out via /parked location, or have it disappear cause the hobo on the corner jimmy rigged the lock and hotwired it. But said hobo can't steal a vehicle he was scouting for days if said vehicle is magically gone into thin air at the typing of a command.

ย 

ย 

ย 

It isn't the code itself that's going to reduce a majority of lag from a bunch of cars parked in a location, also I don't think the admins would like it if we /reported every time some guy smashed a car with his bat to continuously set off the alarm to annoy people, plus it's hard to catch players ID's from a simple car alarm going off for a forum report. Admins probably wouldn't want to stalk your car to begin with either, /vpark is the easiest solution for lag and everything else. + Not everyone has a top of the line computer either, imagine grove-street being stacked with cars. a house party on the street with a bunch of visitors would probably have enough cars in one location already to begin with.ย 

Edited by Natasha Valentine

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

56 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

It doesn't matter what sort of PC you have. If there are too many vehicles, the world will stop loading in. You can't fix this because it is a GAME limitation. It's not gonna be solved unless GTA V Online gets updated to allow more people in one lobby, we're probably gonna have +/- 400+ members at some point in something that's made for 32 players.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Hughesy said:

It's not an unrealistic expectation, it is quite simple to implement. I've played on countless servers both MTA & SA:MP that have used a similar system with minimal resources with maybe 50-60 lines of code,

ย 

ย 

RageMP is not MTA or SAMP. It cannot handle the load. People have been trying to tell you this the entire thread. It's not about what we want, it's about what is FEASIBLE for the server.

As long as people don't park on the sidewalk like they did on SA-MP, and the server don't lag, I don't see why not.ย 
ย 

SHOUTOUT TO BIRDMAN HE GAVE ME MY FIRST RAP CHECK

SLIM TAUGHT ME THE GAME, GOTTA RESPECT THAT

I think this would be absolutely amazing. Imagine actually having to look for parking and also give use to garages and supervised parking lots as opposed to just leaving it anywhere or /parking your car.

ย 

Only problem I can see, like many others, is with lag. It would probably work great at first but what if we get to 200 players online, each with 2-3 vehicles? Or what if we end up having 2000 characters, and all of their vehicles spawned?

ย 

I don't think it would hurt to try it out and just revert if it's problematic?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 1:02 AM, Hughesy said:

So seeing as how player owned vehicles are /parked and /vget, why not make all vehicles owned by factions and players left ingame on the map. Coming from MTA where I've rp'ed on a lot of servers that ran the same similar setup, it makes the city feel more alive. Owning a garage or having one attached (interiors)ย  should be the only way that your car is not on the street unless parked in a driveway. Having vehicles always around on public streets and driveways would make the city feel more alive then bare streets and such, and gives players like myself the option of roleplaying opening a towing and recovery company/faction with contracts for government departments and such more to do with a scripted in impound lot and impound system, especially for mechanic roleplay.

ย 

It also give more RP for the illegal sector for vehicle break-in and theft. Having your vehicle /parked in areas such as no parking, incorrectly parked etc would result in it being towed and having to pay an unimpound fee. Personally the despawning and spawning of vehicles doesn't seem to feel right, but that's just my own opinion.

ย 

Thoughts?

ย 

ย 

ย 

Fully agree.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I'd love this feature, I just don't see it being viable due to the fact RAGE:MP asย  is isn't very optimized, and those with low-mid end PCs might not be able to handle it.

Valeria Avendaรฑo

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-RPย 

• 4 weeks later...

Your idea is nice but the only problem is that it will cause lag to the server at some point, depending on how many vehicles are going to stay spawned. What will happen to vehicles of the players that don't log in often? What if you played 6 months, have 3-4 vehicles and then you leave.ย 

ย 

It would be nice to maybe have this as a feature but only if the vehicles is spawned when player's session begins and despawn it when the session of the player ends, limiting it to only one vehicle spawned. Also it depends a lot on the configurations of the VPS that LS-RP uses. If the server is running low on memory it will cause lag and problems to everyone despite your PC configuration,

• 8 months later...