Permanent vehicles ingame rather then spawned in.

So seeing as how player owned vehicles are /parked and /vget, why not make all vehicles owned by factions and players left ingame on the map. Coming from MTA where I've rp'ed on a lot of servers that ran the same similar setup, it makes the city feel more alive. Owning a garage or having one attached (interiors)  should be the only way that your car is not on the street unless parked in a driveway. Having vehicles always around on public streets and driveways would make the city feel more alive then bare streets and such, and gives players like myself the option of roleplaying opening a towing and recovery company/faction with contracts for government departments and such more to do with a scripted in impound lot and impound system, especially for mechanic roleplay.

It also give more RP for the illegal sector for vehicle break-in and theft. Having your vehicle /parked in areas such as no parking, incorrectly parked etc would result in it being towed and having to pay an unimpound fee. Personally the despawning and spawning of vehicles doesn't seem to feel right, but that's just my own opinion.

Thoughts?

Edited by Hughesy
added more.
  • Clap 1

Hmm I like the idea of less despawning tbf. I'm not sure how the limitations of the client are this time around. Also not sure how it'd work in terms of vehicle theft?

Not against the idea in theory though - making the city feel more alive would be great even if it is just with parked cars. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

I totally see where you'd be coming from, it would make the city and any area your character would be in more lively, yes. I think it would just depend if that could affect the server's overall performance with lag etc. + other players experience may not bode well with this.

2 minutes ago, Cycool100 said:

I totally see where you'd be coming from, it would make the city and any area your character would be in more lively, yes. I think it would just depend if that could affect the server's overall performance with lag etc. + other players experience may not bode well with this.

I haven't been on V long as i just recently made a comeback from SAMP And MTA after 6ish years, so streaming issues and such i wouldn't know alot about. But theres always the possibility of respawning on server reset or by admin commands /respawnall putting the vehicles back to their /parked position. Vehicles in interiors would remove some of that issue if the interiors are in a seperate dimension no?

6 minutes ago, IdleStacks said:

RageMP isn't nearly as stable as SAMP and MTA were (lol) so I don't know if this is a good idea. Maybe keep them spawned on a hour or so timer if possible, as a compromise?

Might be a nice compromise yeah. Didn’t realise stability was such an issue on this client tbf. Stability always gotta come above immersion imo. Maybe this becomes more of a “nice to have” in that case. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

1 hour ago, Allegra said:

Might be a nice compromise yeah. Didn’t realise stability was such an issue on this client tbf. Stability always gotta come above immersion imo. Maybe this becomes more of a “nice to have” in that case. 

Rage was never made for hundreds of players and gets stabillity and streaming issues when non-NPC entity amount in an area reaches above 32 (max players for a GTA Online lobby, “coincidentally”!)

I don't think it's entirely realistic to keep vehicles in-game when considering the vast amount of crimes likely to occur and the high number of vehicles thefts.  In real-life, you can lock your vehicle and go inside your house.  If your alarm goes off you'd likely hear it.  Whereas on here, we will be limited  to the amount of playing time we can dedicate to the game due to real-life obligations.  I think spawning and depsawning is necessary due to the constraints we have. 

• Thumbs 2

Well, judging by the fact that you've came from an MTA server, the player-base there shouldn't be exceeding a hundred players on an English RP server. Can you imagine the same amount of cars left around, but multiplied by five times, or even more? This is a good thing to have on smaller communities, whereas LS-RP has been promising to become the place you'd go to for text-based roleplay. Simply put, there would be too much shit. The solution to this is just giving control to players whether they want their car to be spawned or not, there isn't really much else to do and has been working fine ever since that method was enforced.

13 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Rage was never made for hundreds of players and gets stabillity and streaming issues when non-NPC entity amount in an area reaches above 32 (max players for a GTA Online lobby, “coincidentally”!)

Hold on what you’re kidding!? Shiiit so hold on any large scale events are gonna be a nightmare? Sorry derailing the original topic here, bottom line is that it sounds this just isn’t feasible. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

7 minutes ago, Allegra said:

Hold on what you’re kidding!? Shiiit so hold on any large scale events are gonna be a nightmare? Sorry derailing the original topic here, bottom line is that it sounds this just isn’t feasible. 

Events with more than 50 people would require measures taken. Popular measures are the despawning of all cars in the area (this only solves it slightly) or create a seperate dimension for the event, which can be entered at any location an admin deems fit.

34 minutes ago, Flemwad said:

I don't think it's entirely realistic to keep vehicles in-game when considering the vast amount of crimes likely to occur and the high number of vehicles thefts.  In real-life, you can lock your vehicle and go inside your house.  If your alarm goes off you'd likely hear it.  Whereas on here, we will be limited  to the amount of playing time we can dedicate to the game due to real-life obligations.  I think spawning and depsawning is necessary due to the constraints we have. 

I find its not overly realistic either spawning in vehicles out of the blue. This could be tweaked too whereas if your offline your vehicle isnt spawned in, but logging in will spawn your vehicle in? Respawning areas can always fix the issue or periodic respawning to spread out vehicles can help aswell.

23 minutes ago, Yuji said:

Well, judging by the fact that you've came from an MTA server, the player-base there shouldn't be exceeding a hundred players on an English RP server. Can you imagine the same amount of cars left around, but multiplied by five times, or even more? This is a good thing to have on smaller communities, whereas LS-RP has been promising to become the place you'd go to for text-based roleplay. Simply put, there would be too much shit. The solution to this is just giving control to players whether they want their car to be spawned or not, there isn't really much else to do and has been working fine ever since that method was enforced.

Summer months the peak was 240-270ish one time and even though a cluster of vehicles were everywhere (11K total vehicles around the map), the towing company dealt with majority of them and everything else was respawned to its original parked location like in garages and interiors, didn't drop performance much, ontop of that thousands of world dropped items etc. Text based roleplay does not mean you cant have quality of life scripts such as that, GUI's for menus for factions or scripted in gate system and the whole works. If it can be done on a game from 2005, surely there is a workaround for it to work in present day.

I would say no to leaving player owned cars spawned in, and would hope even faction's vehicles being spawned in will be limited by the use of /enterable garages like we had on SAMP. Judging from the LSPD's official faction thread, you can see the vehicles are customized. Each texture / livery comes with a file size. Every person is going to have to download that file, and will need to load it every time they're in-game. Even the default vehicles come with different customization options and liveries, which I'd imagine also requires additional loading times.

Realistically, yes, your vehicle would be where you last parked it, which is exactly why on SAMP if people were being investigated, they were told by Admins to spawn their vehicle, as it would realistically be there on the property — this applied whether the vehicle was in an obvious location, or hidden somewhere on the property, allowing detectives time to roleplay searching for it. On SAMP, vehicle mods were client-sided, so if you could afford to mod every single vehicle you wanted, it only affected you. From my observations with communities based on GTA V, they're server-sided, so modded vehicles with different textures will affect everybody on the server.

Large scale events, like parades or 9/11 memorial events were definitely interesting on SAMP. We'd often have Admins despawning cars or reparking the factionized vehicles in their garages to limit as much object loading as possible when there were 100+ people in one area. (This was after everyone drove there of course).

At the end of the day while it is a roleplay server and supposed to reflect real life with as much immersion as possible, it's still a videogame and will always come with limitations.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

How exactly? Not much input was given.

1. its going to cause texture bugs its very very common for servers to lose textures 

2. it will affect peoples performances who have low end pcs 

3. people with HDDs will esentially be fucked

I can see that a lot of people are disagreeing with this, I think it could be compromised so that vehicles stay on the server for at least 2 hours after a disconnect. That way there will always be cars parked around but not 10s of thousands.

Ideally I too would love to see all cars always spawned in but looks like most people are against it.

I believe that the city would look way cooler if all vehicles were to stay instead of being spawnable and despawnable. However there are a few issues that I see with this and I write this from experience. The issues that I can see in this are as follows:

• The vehicles would be compromised to cheaters. (Players would refrain from storing anything in their vehicles)
  • There would be definitely a lot of unrealistic parking all over the place which breaks immersion for role-players in the area.
  • There is a possibility that with so many vehicles spawned it could cause some sort of lag.

Because of these reasons I believe that it is a way better method to have a spawn and despawn system simply because players would use their vehicle when intended to for role-play, when they're done they would most likely end up parking it and despawning. That's just my two cents on the topic.

𝗥𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗔𝗱𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿

I'd say keep it as it was before, if the player is online it will stay spawned unless  v parked. If they're offline , Despawn on the hour if not in use.

Edited by Redz

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

Allow people to park vehicles anywhere.

When you park the vehicle, it stays spawned and interactable for the next five or so minutes.

If no one interacts with the vehicle, it despawns. However, if someone interacts with it (such as trying to break into it), then it stays spawned.

This would discourage people from just doing /v park and /q in quick succession. It was always an unattractive part of the community.

On 3/2/2022 at 6:48 PM, ThatDutchPerson said:

This would cause massive streaming and performance issues, not a fan.

I agree, it'd create massive lag. I'd keep it exactly as it was on samp. Players can /v park their vehicles as they please. Don't make things more difficult for players then it has to be. Some players may want to despawn vehicles due to certain circumstances relating to rp etc. Don't "fix" what ain't broke, people liked it since the start of LSRP on samp all the way to 2021.

Edited by Natasha Valentine

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif