Los Santos County Probation Department

JJDAOPP

20 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

Didn't you say in your last post about wanting to create a faction that we're not California?

That’s why this idea was brought to play. Everyone complained of it not being realistic & portraying of LA.. Here is one that exists.

4 minutes ago, JJDAOPP said:

But that isn’t the most realistic approach, at all. SD can handle Custody Operations as much as they choose. Only because SD is technically Custody Assistants in real life and they have no SADCR faction.

Also, incase you didn’t know SADCR would technically handle Boiling Broke. SD would handle Twin Towers, so that isn’t as realistic either.

As listed above, SD can continue handling Boiling Broke, allow for Probation Department to handle the probation, parole, and so on side of things.

I'd rather they do it despite it being unrealistic over having a whole new LEO faction centered solely around this very small piece of the community. It just isn't needed in any way or form. 

Also, it's actually not even that unrealistic. SD can just NPC that the probation dept. exists somewhere in the background. http://pars.lasd.org/Viewer/Manuals/13233/Content/14325 LASD has probation/parole compliance teams.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA

8 minutes ago, JJDAOPP said:

Negatce. That isn’t MY goal. I’m bringing up an idea that anyone here can take over to be fair. 

And why should everything be explained? All of the research conducted will go into the faction’s thread, bot a general discussion’s section.

Parole versus Probation was defined in the top, I put it there. 

I doubt convincing here is the issue, everyone is just bound to say it’s not needed until down the line people want to expand. To be honest, a number of things aren’t needed, but that does not mean it can not be implemented. 

If you have any concerns or questions toward the research I conducted. Contact me via dm?

Because I want to get an understanding in how versed you are in this topic, hence why I asked my questions that you avoided. I'd still like an answer to these questions, otherwise I doubt you'll be capable to lead such an organization.

The reason why it should be explained is because you are making a suggestion for a faction. I am not sure if you have ever been in a position of setting up a faction or bureau, but you don't just put down a simple summary and then think you'll be convincing enough. 

10 hours ago, LordSpyx said:

DCR has merged to be under the LSSD faction. They are responsible for the prison system, as laid out in their forums. This is the realistic approach. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department oversees the correctional facility that the in-game one is being based upon. You might only be basing things off of Texas, but legal factions for LSRP are based upon their California counterparts, seeing as if the base game of GTA V is located in a fictional California.

This is in real life? Los Angeles County Probation Department. 

LASD in real life ONLY handles Custody Assistance at Twin Towers Correctional Facility. CDCR is an agency that would handle “Boiling Broke” if you wanted to be 100% realistic.

‘The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department oversees the correctional facility that the one in-game is being based upon’. This is not true at all, Boiling Broke is a federal facility, LASD has no business there technically. And from my knowledge, isn’t Boiling Broke based off of Victorville Federal Prison? 🤔 

9 hours ago, radreaper100 said:

I don't speak for or represent any faction officially but I believe the LSSD has a parole task force already and this is unlikely to be accepted.

I believe they do as well, but if our goal is to be realistic, here’s another option. Thanks bro!

9 hours ago, mattmocz said:

I don't think this as needed at the start, we do not need another faction to overcomplicate things. LSSD is currently handling custody operations and I believe they are in need of people to help with that. I'd encourage you to reach out to them and offer your ideas/assistance there.

Not the start, thank you. LSSD can handle Custody Operations, that does not mean Parole, Probation, or things of that nature. But thanks for this!

7 hours ago, luca said:

The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department takes responsibility for Custody matters, but only for parole at this very moment. Also, I'm not sure if you can recall this faction a Peace Officer Agency. You'll need this to be granted by the Faction Team which I do believe that is not going to agree with this because we already have two POA's. Sometimes, we shouldn't forget that this is a game and yes, the whole point of it is to portray the real-life, but not to copy it. And also, if you're implementing so many things, people aren't going to have fun anymore. It'll be just about which protocol do you use in X situation.

Understood, thank you.

By the way, to add to this. 

On GTAW we barely had people who wanted to roleplay parole or probation, even when issued by the courts. Making a whole faction for this is just going to waste time for everyone involved. If there is not a parolee/probation online, then there is nothing to do. Timezones are an issue which made doing roleplay even harder. At peak time, we had 5 active files on parolees but that didn't mean they played every single day. You can also not do a checkup or a test every day on the same person because you will interrupt their roleplay and time. 

This doesn't even justify a faction on it's own. 

7 minutes ago, Tseard1 said:

Because I want to get an understanding in how versed you are in this topic, hence why I asked my questions that you avoided. I'd still like an answer to these questions, otherwise I doubt you'll be capable to lead such an organization.

The reason why it should be explained is because you are making a suggestion for a faction. I am not sure if you have ever been in a position of setting up a faction or bureau, but you don't just put down a simple summary and then think you'll be convincing enough. 

My job honestly isn’t to convince you all, it would be Faction Management, yes?

And I request that you direct-message me and I for surely will answer anything desired to be known. 

Just now, JJDAOPP said:

My job honestly isn’t to convince you all, it would be Faction Management, yes?

And I request that you direct-message me and I for surely will answer anything desired to be known. 

You posted it in the general discussions board for everyone in the community to talk about and to give their opinion. If this was only for faction management, you should've PMed them your proposal. 

I do not see why you can not answer those questions on this thread, so that everyone else sees it and can discuss. 

Just now, Tseard1 said:

By the way, to add to this. 

On GTAW we barely had people who wanted to roleplay parole or probation, even when issued by the courts. Making a whole faction for this is just going to waste time for everyone involved. If there is not a parolee/probation online, then there is nothing to do. Timezones are an issue which made doing roleplay even harder. At peak time, we had 5 active files on parolees but that didn't mean they played every single day. You can also not do a checkup or a test every day on the same person because you will interrupt their roleplay and time. 

This doesn't even justify a faction on it's own. 

GTAW versus LS-RP:V. Two different leaderships, communities, and sectors of role-play.

Parole & Probation doesn’t always require us to be on, as stuff wouldn’t just be happening on a day-to-day basis. It would take time. Our job isn’t to go out and patrol streets, we’d sit in a headquarters, building, office until we are needed.

1 minute ago, Tseard1 said:

You posted it in the general discussions board for everyone in the community to talk about and to give their opinion. If this was only for faction management, you should've PMed them your proposal. 

I do not see why you can not answer those questions on this thread, so that everyone else sees it and can discuss. 

Yes I put it here, but not to convince… It’s just to see you guy’s thoughts, not convince. Why would I convince you all? I’m a community member too, and we don’t have the last say so.

Just now, JJDAOPP said:

Yes I put it here, but not to convince… It’s just to see you guy’s thoughts, not convince. Why would I convince you all? I’m a community member too, and we don’t have the last say so.

Oh, yeah. Just direct-message me regarding that!

14 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I'd rather they do it despite it being unrealistic over having a whole new LEO faction centered solely around this very small piece of the community. It just isn't needed in any way or form. 

Also, it's actually not even that unrealistic. SD can just NPC that the probation dept. exists somewhere in the background. http://pars.lasd.org/Viewer/Manuals/13233/Content/14325 LASD has probation/parole compliance teams.

This a team. A unit. This isn’t their main duties as it says, I’ve been aware of PARS & this topic. Continue reading to see where it mentions Los Angeles County Probation Department.

24 minutes ago, JJDAOPP said:

This a team. A unit. This isn’t their main duties as it says, I’ve been aware of PARS & this topic. Continue reading to see where it mentions Los Angeles County Probation Department.

LSSD has a Parole Bureau in their Custody Division.

ga

2 hours ago, JJDAOPP said:

This is in real life? Los Angeles County Probation Department. 

LASD in real life ONLY handles Custody Assistance at Twin Towers Correctional Facility. CDCR is an agency that would handle “Boiling Broke” if you wanted to be 100% realistic.

‘The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department oversees the correctional facility that the one in-game is being based upon’. This is not true at all, Boiling Broke is a federal facility, LASD has no business there technically. And from my knowledge, isn’t Boiling Broke based off of Victorville Federal Prison? 🤔 

"The North County Correctional Facility (NCCF) in Castaic, CA, is part of a large, correctional complex run by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department".

That is what they're basing it on.

spacer.png

If you aren’t willing to accept criticism and answer questions people have you shouldn’t have posted this here. Moving on, LSSD has a parole unit under their custody services operations. If you’re wanting to do that, I’d say join. There are advancement opportunities if you’re wanting to one day become “leadership” but if you’re just posting threads to open a new legal faction with the intention of just wanting to lead a LEO faction it’ll get turned away. I suggest you get known in the community, work your way up like everyone else and go from there.

Edited by Jerome
  • Clap 1

If there's ever to be another LEO faction, it shouldn't be something this niche. Niche Departments or Units can be easily implemented under any existing factions - what GOV is basically doing. As we spoke with Mmartin during one of the legal factions - if there's enough professional interest for a niche LEO faction, it should be considered and created under one of the already existing factions and if there's ever going to be another LEO faction, then it's going to be something bigger and more multifunctional, like State Police.

qgv23wo.png

I'm afraid this is as I stated on the previous thread; I basically don't see any demand for this right now, nor in the foreseeable future. It's best to consider ideas for which there are demand, such as security companies, media companies and so on. 

• Love 1

Sal 

Ex-staff

People need to understand Parole ≠ Probation. They are two different things.

Typically parole violations are handled by Federal/State law enforcement (eg. US Marshalls, Department of Corrections), and probation is handled by the local probation office. Probation violations can be enforced by local police. A cop cannot violate somebody's parole that's up to the courts or prisons.

• Love 1

• luca locked this topic