Los Santos County Probation Department

JJDAOPP

juvenile.jpg

Hello everyone, I'm JayJay / flexlikejj / jjdaopp and I'm back once again after wanting to create the Los Santos Bail Bonds faction, Los Santos County Constables, and so on.. If you did not know I'm from Houston, Texas and I'm born and raised here. Thanks for tuning in, let me know your thoughts and concerns below!!

Probation, defined — Probation is granted to offenders accused of misdemeanors or low-level felonies. Probation permits offenders to live and work in the community, support their families, receive rehabilitative services and make restitution to the victims of their crimes. (BY A JUDGE)

Parole, defined — Parole is granted to convicted felons that have already completed a portion of their prison sentence. When on parole, you're set free from a facility and able to enter the regular world. You're still under arrest by law. (BY A JUDGE)

fzbQrsG.png

LOS SANTOS COUNTY PROBATION DEPARTMENT — LSCPD
The Los Santos County Probation Department would be considered another Legal Faction & also Peace Officer Agency. The Los Santos County Probation Department was founded in 1903 with the enactment of San Andreas's first probation laws. Captain Luke Walker was appointed as the first Chief Probation Officer of Los Santos County.

This Legal Faction / Peace Officer Agency is the department that handles dynamic and evidence based department careers in law enforcement and community service that range from special enforcement and investigations in addition to housing-based programs working with families and children.

A personnel member of Los Santos County Probation Department works with and monitors offenders to prevent them committing new crimes, this includes the monitoring of juvenile offenders. 

dmVcWv4.png

REASONS FOR THIS FACTION:

This faction is somehow needed in many ways or forms, reasons of such and details included will all resort back to this title.

NOTE: The primary goals of Los Santos County Probation Department are to rehabilitate the defendant, protect society from further criminal conduct by the defendant and protect the rights of the victim.

• There will be a court system eventually & may or may not be held in game.
  • The court system may allow individuals to receive parole or probation.
  • The LSSD handles Custody Operations, realistically for the TTCF. TTCF doesn't exist from what I've heard, Boiling Broke is the facility for people. With that being stated, LSCPD should handle Probation and Parole as LASD in real life, from my knowledge, only provides support within hearings and inside of the court. They're basically there to keep a individual calm and collected.
  • LSCPD would bring more realism to the game, especially for factions involving the prison like The Black Car.
  • LSCPD would handle Probation and Parole, judges would grant it, and we'd provide general checks, piss test, and more.
  • This would bring more roleplay for illegal-faction members as they'd be on house-arrest, monitored by a probation officer, and so on.
  • This faction would bring more roleplay for the community in general as it persists in more law enforcement duties, but, maintains to handle strictly rehabilitation. 

DQ67Foh.png

CONCLUSION:

More information upon this topic will be added on a further notice. Please let me know your thoughts, concerns, suggestions, and so on below. Also reminder, this doesn't have to be implemented upon day of realize, let along be implemented at all. I'm just looking to see you individuals thoughts!

Also, I'm somewhat aware that SD handles Parole and Probation, but why not take a more realistic approach? Honestly we should have SADCR restored again! 

Thank you.

Edited by JJDAOPP
  • Strong 1

3 minutes ago, Spicey said:

Good idea, hard to put into practice imo, gl though. Keep in mind you're gonna be role playing the largest probation department in USA, however the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has a parole division by the way.

Thanks, and yep I understand. Not sure if that's on this game.

7 minutes ago, Fiendfyre said:

Probation should be worked out between the courts, SD, and state government. It's not needed to be its own department imo. 

Well, "should be" only stands for so much. SD doesn't handle probation, they aren't allowed that responsibility in real life as far as I know.. And we're trying to portray Los Angeles, California.

6 minutes ago, Spicey said:

Good idea, hard to put into practice imo, gl though. Keep in mind you're gonna be role playing the largest probation department in USA, however the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has a parole division by the way.

Just conducted a bit of research on that. They have a DA's Office Probation Violation Unit. That is for violation, not necessarily the err rehabilitation.

1 hour ago, JJDAOPP said:

Also, I'm somewhat aware that SD handles Parole and Probation, but why not take a more realistic approach? Honestly we should have SADCR restored again!

DCR has merged to be under the LSSD faction. They are responsible for the prison system, as laid out in their forums. This is the realistic approach. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department oversees the correctional facility that the in-game one is being based upon. You might only be basing things off of Texas, but legal factions for LSRP are based upon their California counterparts, seeing as if the base game of GTA V is located in a fictional California.

spacer.png

I don't think this as needed at the start, we do not need another faction to overcomplicate things. LSSD is currently handling custody operations and I believe they are in need of people to help with that. I'd encourage you to reach out to them and offer your ideas/assistance there.

• Clap 1
  • Strong 1

3 hours ago, JJDAOPP said:

Well, "should be" only stands for so much. SD doesn't handle probation, they aren't allowed that responsibility in real life as far as I know.. And we're trying to portray Los Angeles, California.

The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department takes responsibility for Custody matters, but only for parole at this very moment. Also, I'm not sure if you can recall this faction a Peace Officer Agency. You'll need this to be granted by the Faction Team which I do believe that is not going to agree with this because we already have two POA's. Sometimes, we shouldn't forget that this is a game and yes, the whole point of it is to portray the real-life, but not to copy it. And also, if you're implementing so many things, people aren't going to have fun anymore. It'll be just about which protocol do you use in X situation.

• Thumbs 2

ga

4 hours ago, JJDAOPP said:

Us portraying Los Angeles doesn't mean things can always be a 1:1 resemblance, it's just impossible and complicated (with the no. 1 proof being IRL bureaucracy).

MAYOR TIMOTHY KNIGHT

LSGOV DISCORD

LSGOV FORUMS

It seems to me that your goal is to lead an law enforcement agency by all the suggestions and the posts that you have made.

Can you explain to me what the difference between probation and parole? What are you going to do on a day to day basis? How would a checkup on a parolee/probationer take place?

With respect, what you've written is something that anyone can just write up with minimal research. I don't really see this as a serious suggestion by the fact that it's so little. You explain your background, then the faction's minimal background, then lay out basic information about what you will do and then some conclusion. Faction's don't get stumped out from the ground by a simple 500 word topic and I highly doubt you are going to convince anyone in this community without having a proper plan. 

Deja Vu. But anyways. April 1st came early, again.

this isn’t going to happen. It seems like you keep making threads simply to try to run another and third law enforcement faction of some sort in the community and quiet frankly it isn’t needed. Join one of the existing ones.

• OK 1
  • Love 1

giphy.gif

This is too niche too be a whole separate LEO faction. At this point I agree that LSSD is more then enough to handle it.

The Government consists of multiple departments that have nothing to do with each other, but we understand that there's completely no point of even trying to separate them into different factions. 

• Love 1

qgv23wo.png

10 hours ago, JJDAOPP said:

Didn't you say in your last post about wanting to create a faction that we're not California?

5 hours ago, Brasi said:

Deja Vu. But anyways. April 1st came early, again.

this isn’t going to happen. It seems like you keep making threads simply to try to run another and third law enforcement faction of some sort in the community and quiet frankly it isn’t needed. Join one of the existing ones.

3 hours ago, melt city said:

Just join PD/SD/DOJ.

They're in PD

6 hours ago, Maxim said:

Us portraying Los Angeles doesn't mean things can always be a 1:1 resemblance, it's just impossible and complicated (with the no. 1 proof being IRL bureaucracy).

Erm.. So the issue with the Constables was it was unrealistic 😂. So it doesn’t have to be a 1:1 resemblance? This is a more realistic approach aside from that, and a few people just referred me to that.

5 hours ago, Tseard1 said:

It seems to me that your goal is to lead an law enforcement agency by all the suggestions and the posts that you have made.

Can you explain to me what the difference between probation and parole? What are you going to do on a day to day basis? How would a checkup on a parolee/probationer take place?

With respect, what you've written is something that anyone can just write up with minimal research. I don't really see this as a serious suggestion by the fact that it's so little. You explain your background, then the faction's minimal background, then lay out basic information about what you will do and then some conclusion. Faction's don't get stumped out from the ground by a simple 500 word topic and I highly doubt you are going to convince anyone in this community without having a proper plan. 

Negatce. That isn’t MY goal. I’m bringing up an idea that anyone here can take over to be fair. 

And why should everything be explained? All of the research conducted will go into the faction’s thread, bot a general discussion’s section.

Parole versus Probation was defined in the top, I put it there. 

I doubt convincing here is the issue, everyone is just bound to say it’s not needed until down the line people want to expand. To be honest, a number of things aren’t needed, but that does not mean it can not be implemented. 

If you have any concerns or questions toward the research I conducted. Contact me via dm?

1 minute ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

SD already does that or plans to do that since they merged with DCR. 

But that isn’t the most realistic approach, at all. SD can handle Custody Operations as much as they choose. Only because SD is technically Custody Assistants in real life and they have no SADCR faction.

Also, incase you didn’t know SADCR would technically handle Boiling Broke. SD would handle Twin Towers, so that isn’t as realistic either.

As listed above, SD can continue handling Boiling Broke, allow for Probation Department to handle the probation, parole, and so on side of things.

• luca locked this topic