Archive

JJDAOPP

Regardless of the arguments above of this whether this exists in California or not, which doesn’t matter because we aren’t California, I don’t see a need for this to exist within the current state of the server. This isn’t really a faction that is going to be needed at launch. One crucial thing before suggesting the creation of a new faction, especially a LEO one, is to be able to point out exactly why it’s needed (there are no reasons currently). PD/SD will be plenty enough for launch.

1 hour ago, mattmocz said:

Regardless of the arguments above of this whether this exists in California or not, which doesn’t matter because we aren’t California, I don’t see a need for this to exist within the current state of the server. This isn’t really a faction that is going to be needed at launch. One crucial thing before suggesting the creation of a new faction, especially a LEO one, is to be able to point out exactly why it’s needed (there are no reasons currently). PD/SD will be plenty enough for launch.

Yes they will be plenty/more than enough for launch. My whole idea isn’t based on NOW. This is a future reference. But, reasons will come down the line as the server develops.

He's adamant on getting across that this will be a good idea. Multiple members of the community have already said it's not wanted or desired. There's no convincing needed to be done. If you need to write pages of replies to convince people your idea is a good idea than chances being it's probably not a good idea. That simple.

I respect that time and effort and thinking has gone into this idea, I really do. And it is different, of course. The thing is though that we're so far down the line with the jurisdictions and responsibilities of the PD/SD, that I do fall into the "Nice idea but not really needed right now" camp. 

Things that will probably be needed are things like actual private security companies - they were always popular and I've not really come across any of those yet. Some Governments do contract security work out as well, for events and so on, so it's not outside the realms of being similar to your proposition in that way.

I think it best to take the approach of asking where there's a gap in supply for the demand of a certain type of RP, or IC service. For instance we don't have any media companies from what I've seen - so there'd be demand for that. Security, as I've said. There's no doubt more!

Respect for the time put in but yeah, I think best to consider going back to the drawing board of ideas on this occasion. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2022 at 10:19 PM, Duckling said:

No. A third LEO faction that doesn't even exist in California right now is really unnecessary.

The argument that we are Los Santos and not Los Angeles is invalid, because we are replacing California and Los Angeles. That's why all our legal stuff, factions, the penal code, etcetera, is based on California.

What he said ^, not needed. especially that the server hasn't even came out yet. Texas is mostly a state filled with constables. I think SD/PD/DA should only have the key roles for Law Enforcement. It would be coo tho if Federal Gov RP can be establish. but let's see how the server goes when it launches. 🤞

• 4 weeks later...

It's just not enough to have it as entire separate faction.

There's a lot of interesting LEO faction concepts that would die down due to only small groups of people being interested - FBI, IRS, Park Rangers, US Marshall service etc. I could see them being incorporated into a government faction under a unified leadership. I.e. Have a faction called "LS LEO Agencies" that would have a few people as leadership and just have a bunch of ranks "IRS Agent", "FBI Agent", "Park Ranger", "Constable", "Coast guard" - where those small interested groups could be housed. This way if one of them goes inactive they simply get replaced by another group that has a good idea. Eventually, if one of those groups shows superior performance, activity and roleplay quality, they could get the chance to become a legal faction.

qgv23wo.png

I don't think it would work: actually there are 2 LEO factions and I think it is more than enough. We should try not to have too many semi-empty factions but have a few full ones ( and I think this speech applies to both legal and illegal factions ).

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

On 4/10/2022 at 2:08 PM, Mikee said:

I don't think it would work: actually there are 2 LEO factions and I think it is more than enough. We should try not to have too many semi-empty factions but have a few full ones ( and I think this speech applies to both legal and illegal factions ).

I've always been an advocate for niche civil and legal roleplay. I think there are certain agencies that would bring some interesting roleplay, but again, neither PD or SD does what those agencies do. I.e. IRS - would make sense as we're going to have some sort of taxation system, therefore it would be interesting to see some sort of tax enforcement being done ICly, rather then it being hardcoded to happen automatically, opens new opportunities for both legal and illegal roleplayers. 

I remember a long time ago there was a small group of people roleplaying as coastguards and I really found them interesting after seeing their screenshot thread - they brought some life into the waters, as usually it would be only people spam-fishing and occasional police chases. Sadly they were asked not to do that by staff as they weren't an official faction. I think these kinds of small groups could bring good roleplay opportunities. I used FBI and Park Rangers as a poor example, as they wouldn't bring anything in value or unique, they do what PD/SD basically does, but there's plenty of unique things that I haven't thought about.

• OK 1
  • Love 1

qgv23wo.png

• 2 months later...
  • Lead Admin

Both legal factions have circa 2-300 people between them.

It makes no sense to make more, there is a niche in both factions to fill this type of roleplay, it's not needed and I highly doubt anyone wants another DOC/DCR type faction, where there is max 2-6 people on in any week.

Waste of time and resources.

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

• JJDAOPP changed the title to Archive
  • luca locked this topic