Jump to content

Q&A: In-game Rules


Kane
 Share

Recommended Posts

I searched the forums for any discussion about GTA V's engine mechanics regarding manipulating vehicle speed such as; curb boosting, brake boosting, and 'double clutching' but no posts have spoken about this yet. In short these are exploits that can be used to gain an advantage over other players in vehicle speed.

ie: A motorbike in GTA:SA/SAMP, you could tap forward repeatedly to go incredibly fast, where as in GTA V you can exploit curb boosts consecutively to out run another vehicle.

 

Will there be a specific rule to outline this problem, I can imagine there will be circumstances that these mechanics are used for an unfair advantage, as well as players who did it unintentionally not knowing about this mechanic in the game.

Edited by Cheech
More concise.
  • Thumbs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Lead Developer
3 hours ago, Cheech said:

I searched the forums for any discussion about GTA V's engine mechanics regarding manipulating vehicle speed such as; curb boosting, brake boosting, and 'double clutching' but no posts have spoken about this yet. In short these are exploits that can be used to gain an advantage over other players in vehicle speed.

ie: A motorbike in GTA:SA/SAMP, you could tap forward repeatedly to go incredibly fast, where as in GTA V you can exploit curb boosts consecutively to out run another vehicle.

 

Will there be a specific rule to outline this problem, I can imagine there will be circumstances that these mechanics are used for an unfair advantage, as well as players who did it unintentionally not knowing about this mechanic in the game.

Can you show me an example? I'm not familiar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After the changes to the “Disgusting Roleplay” rules, I can no longer find any rules about permissible ERP. The one from the SAMP server for example, that required OOC consent from everyone present, seems to be absent. 
 

If it’s totally banned I’m on board with that, but based on one of the questions on the UCP Quiz I’m assuming that isn’t the intent. 

Edited by Harrisonius
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

 

 


I personally don't think it should be regulated cause you're technically expected to drive realistically. 

Too add on this, you can do similar on a motorbike but wheeling will make you go much faster. Similar to the tapping.

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

What kinds of mods will be allowed? I realize that it's already covered by the rules & might be practically impossible to enforce, however certain sound mods can give you an unfair advantage over other players because they're louder. Same applies to certain graphic mods which increase the brightness drastically during nighttime. 

Also, does this 

Quote

Objects should not be altered in any way whatsoever.

mean that ENV mods (graffiti packs, street signs, etc.) are prohibited? 

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/19/2022 at 3:38 PM, Harrisonius said:

After the changes to the “Disgusting Roleplay” rules, I can no longer find any rules about permissible ERP. The one from the SAMP server for example, that required OOC consent from everyone present, seems to be absent. 
 

If it’s totally banned I’m on board with that, but based on one of the questions on the UCP Quiz I’m assuming that isn’t the intent. 


Any role-play that does not fall under the prohibited section of disgusting role-play can be performed as long as it is not done in a public setting & there's consent from all parties involved. If the consent part was removed, it was most likely an error. @Ben
 

2 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

What kinds of mods will be allowed? I realize that it's already covered by the rules & might be practically impossible to enforce, however certain sound mods can give you an unfair advantage over other players because they're louder. Same applies to certain graphic mods which increase the brightness drastically during nighttime. 

Also, does this 

mean that ENV mods (graffiti packs, street signs, etc.) are prohibited? 


Prohibiting sound mods is not something that has been discussed, neither I believe is something that will be banned. My take on it would be that banning sound mods because some of them are louder won't be the way to go, as that's the case with most sound mods. However, if a player is caught using them to his own advantage (e.g. a cop streaming his game-play, where it shows him patrolling around in high speed and not interacting with anyone & going from gunshots to gunshots). However, as you said, it will be a very difficult thing to enforce and each case can be studied individually.

As for environment mods, we have previously allowed this on SAMP. If they give a player a disadvantage, that's not a problem. However, mods where they could possibly alter objects in a way where it gives them vision through them to a player (e.g. Jamestown Projects being see-through or removed, so a player can chase down enemies on a hit easier) would be considered a prohibited modification.

A rule of thumb when adding modifications would be to consider if you would have any unfair advantages when it comes to game mechanics.

  • Strong 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...