[HOW TO] Create your own roleplay screenshots [PHOTOSHOP]

ProxyWire

Hello All,

Today I am here to show you how I edit my roleplay screenshots and hopefully, this will help those who are looking to edit their own via photoshop.

So, let's get started 😊

1- To begin with, you have to figure out what layout you like the best. I personally don't like the 800x600 method so I edit my screenshots as 1920x700, which grants me more interesting angles.

To say the least, this is completely up to you at the end of the day, so, pick the size you like, and let's jump on to the next step.

Spoiler

RuJFIst.png

7nq828m.png

2- Once you have your project created, it is time to figure out what works best for the scene you're trying to showcase, so, there are three things I usually do:

• Usage of a single screenshot with text,
  • Junction of two or more screenshots and text,
  • Screenshot without any text.

3- Now it's time for you to drag your screenshots into your photoshop project and you can do that by simply dragging the picture into the application.

Spoiler

BfOhCjN.png

You have your screenshot loaded in, so, it's now when you decide whether you want it to be a screenshot without or with text, or the junction I have mentioned previously. For showcase purposes, I will expand into the last one since the others are pretty standard and easy to go along with.

4- Now that you have both of your screenshots set, you want to angle them in a way that will allow you to fade one into the other, granting you better angles and interesting effects that will further improve the way they are displayed. As you can see I have decided to drag the second screenshot more towards the middle and now it's time that you start messing around with them. The first step is always to rasterize the screenshots you imported so you have all available options to use and you can do that by right-clicking both screenshots and pressing the "rasterize layer".

Spoiler

zbSIvHG.png

huj01I7.png

Both of your screenshots are now rasterized so that means you can use a bunch of new features and today we'll get through a few that I personally like and use.

If you want the fade effect when working with two or more screenshots all I have to do is create a layer mask for the screenshot on top.

Let me show you:

Spoiler

IjRnOPt.png

MgSOqmw.png

As you can see above, there's a white layer that has been created.

5- Now it comes the easy part. All you have to do is go through the menu on your left and pick the "Gradient Tool". Please keep in mind that you must have your layer selected so it works the way it is supposed to. Upon doing so you will want to press and drag your mouse to one side or the other to find out the best angle. You should see your screenshot fading into the other as if they were part of the same scenario.

Check below:

Spoiler

hD8RBxL.png

This is what it will look like after you're done with the steps above.

Spoiler

yHdGBQs.png

6- Now that you have your screenshots set, it's time for you to import your roleplay text and use the correct color hexacodes to match the in-game ones. I will provide you with the codes at the end of this thread. On top of that and if you like, you can add a stroke around the screenshot, I'll leave that for you to decide.

Spoiler

M4cYDUK.png

eG3AsId.png

7- For the text, all you have to do is select the text box tool and click anywhere on your project to get started. You can copy and paste from your logs and even amend any typos you had at the time so you have the cleanest version possible.

Once that has been done you can move the text box anywhere you would like and apply the colors to match what's being showcased.

Spoiler

Q0Y4XTA.png

aWTohGW.png

You will notice that the text seems too soft and sometimes even gets mixed with the background colors, so, what I usually do is adding a stroke to the text as well, making it seem thicker. To do that you just have to go through the panel on the right, choose the text layer and right-click to access "Blending Options".

Once that menu is open, follow the settings I will show below:

Spoiler

bn6jS7b.png

wbG02aD.png

W2mzxfo.png

All you have got to do next is export your screenshot and post it wherever you like!

##############################

As promised, here goes the color codes:

Call:  f2f200
Emotes:  ad82ce
Your Character Chat:  ffffff
Stranger Chat:  a6a6a6
Whisper:  f5b120
Money Transaction:  008000
Character Kill:  ff0000

Edited by ProxyWire
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 1
  • Love 6

dloYFQJ.png

“He became his own blues song, a Tom Waits loser, a Kerouac saint, a Springsteen hero under the lights of the American highway and the neon glow of the American strip. A fugitive, a sharecropper, a hobo, a cowboy who knows that he’s running out of prairie but rides anyway because there’s nothing left but to ride.”

Drugs & You [GUIDE]

Roleplay & You [GUIDE]

Create your own screenshots [GUIDE]

• 1 year later...