Why didn't you use alt:V instead of Rage MP?

Deewens

Hi,

I am happy to see that LS-RP will now be playable on GTA V! However, I was wondering why you choose Rage MP as a platform instead of alt:V? As far as I know, alt:V is significantely better than the others, and especially ragemp regarding the sync and stability, and also the scripting possibility?

Here is a comparaison of the different platforms (Rage vs alt:V vs FiveM): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g1LpSoPFQcXmUHUA__3KArFRH55TL49iSs2cT52jBi4/edit#gid=0

I know that you are not going to switch the script to work with alt:V now, but this is just something that I was wondering.

Keep up the good work anyway!

I asked myself the same question but for fiveM instead, I wanted LS:RP to be in FiveM not RageMP. I personally see FiveM is way more popular and used more than RageMP, I might be wrong but that's how I see it for some reason

Tyler Reed - Department of Public Works & Transportation (Gov)

5 minutes ago, DowDaw said:

I asked myself the same question but for fiveM instead, I wanted LS:RP to be in FiveM not RageMP. I personally see FiveM is way more popular and used more than RageMP, I might be wrong but that's how I see it for some reason

FiveM has limitations to the amount of players that can be in the server, plus it's a big hassle since it's more pointed towards voice roleplay.

FiveM is marketed towards voice RP.

alt:V seems promising but each have their own issue. Recent example, it took them a couple days to come out with a compatibility update for the new V update, even with the number of developers they have. So that's about 3 days of the server being unavailable while it only took Rage a couple hours to put out an update.

But yeah, like I said, each have their own issues.

• Thumbs 2

2012 - 2024

34 minutes ago, Kane said:

FiveM is marketed towards voice RP.

alt:V seems promising but each have their own issue. Recent example, it took them a couple days to come out with a compatibility update for the new V update, even with the number of developers they have. So that's about 3 days of the server being unavailable while it only took Rage a couple hours to put out an update.

But yeah, like I said, each have their own issues.

Any other reasons besides one update being late?

1 hour ago, keep1001 said:

Any other reasons besides one update being late?

I think that reason is a big enough excuse, imagine your server being down and completely out of your hands for a number of days. It could be a Friday, Saturday and Sunday which are the most popular days. You may say people could find something else to do but imagine if say facebook or youtube were completely down for the whole weekend, the whole world would lose their shit. It's a lot of downtime

Edited by Bluman

10 minutes ago, Bluman said:

I think that reason is a big enough excuse, imagine your server being down and completely out of your hands for a number of days. It could be a Friday, Saturday and Sunday which are the most popular days. You may say people could find something else to do but imagine if say facebook or youtube were completely down for the whole weekend, the whole world would lose their shit. It's a lot of downtime

I also believe that the people who made Alt:V, were the same devs who sold GT-MP. Don't quote me on this.

Either way, RageMP is much more popular than Alt V is.

27 minutes ago, Bluman said:

Rofl, both alt and rage are on par for the most part, when it comes to updates, irregularities tend to happen every now and then, just like the aforementioned example.

Plenty of times alt was faster than rage in that regard.

17 minutes ago, keep1001 said:

Rofl, both alt and rage are on par for the most part, when it comes to updates, irregularities tend to happen every now and then, just like the aforementioned example.

Plenty of times alt was faster than rage in that regard.

Somehow you look like a salesman, who came here to showcase and sell his product. Like it was said, there are plenty of players from LSRP, who are used to RageMP or played with this MP.

• Thumbs 1

The Road Slayers Motorcycle Club

LS-RP

For the update thing, I think that either rage or alt:V would be the same.

For me, the main reason for choosing alt:V would be a more stable platform and which take less server and client power. The sync is almost perfect with alt:V too. And the fact that there is no wrapper onto the native, you can use whatever natives you want directly.

I don't think that the popularity of the platform matters. LSRP is already a popular name and a popular server. I'm sure you can ask people to switch to alt:v. We had the same problem with SAMP. SAMP was not the best alternative, MTA was clearly better, but every big server was on SAMP.

Edited by Deewens

The decision is obviously already made, but I don't think the numbers argument is really a valid one. When I wanted to play on GTA:W, I downloaded Rage MP. I wasn't just blindly browsing through the server list of an MP platform that I'd never heard of — I downloaded it because the community was attractive. And at the end of the day, it's all on GTA V, so it's not like the barrier of entry is exactly a big one once you've overcome the hurdle of getting the game. People literally just have to download a different platform, there is very little change for the end user.

FiveM also wasn't big in the beginning, which I know because I played on FiveM servers before there were any with more than 32 slots. What made FiveM big was good communities with impressive features (NoPixel, DOJRP, Twitch RP, Family RP, etc.), it wasn't the other way around.

Edited by Harrisonius
  • Thumbs 1

Both platforms have it's pros and cons.

Personally I feel alt:V is rather more promising compared to RageMP, with it's continuous updates, better sync, helpful & great community and not too complex visuals & stuff. RageMP may have more users/players and bigger activity, that's mainly because there are more active and already largely developed (english) servers and it may have been around much longer than alt:V. Platform alt:V on other hand lacks many servers (lacks english ones, most are german there AFAIK), hence it has much less players and servers (pointing to unofficial statistics comparison above), but it does offer much simpler game joining than RageMP and writing a code is also equally easy to RageMP as well (my own experience), provided that people know how to code. 

As far as I can see, the minds of which platform is going to be used has been already made up. Discussion between two platforms appears to be welcome here, but in the end, it might not matter too much at the moment, who knows what will happen in the future.

Edited by Caledonite

spacer.png

uq91B3u.png

I played an Alt:V server some time ago. It's overrated, the client itself that is.

I much prefer Rage:MP, even if Rage has its cons... that's everything in the end. 

Edited by Freedom Fighter

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-R

I'm absolutely no expert on this, but I'm guessing that choosing between clients must have been a pretty big decision in the beginning, and not one taken lightly. Albeit I haven't actually played alt:V before. I was on FiveM for a bit but there was some to-do with the developers I believe?

Either way, I guess it is what it is now. I've seen what RageMP can do and it's ballin'. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

Alt:V is a good client, but it isn't popular enough. It is an unripe client and needs time to grow up and to enlarge its community.
RageMP actually is literally growing up everyday. During the last year there were something like 15 thousands players and nowadays they count more or less 50/60 thousands players. RageMP is moving toward a stable version, an optimized version, and will probably reach its goal before the end of this year.

• Thumbs 1

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

52 minutes ago, Mikee said:

RageMP actually is literally growing up everyday. During the last year there were something like 15 thousands players and nowadays they count more or less 50/60 thousands players. RageMP is moving toward a stable version, an optimized version, and will probably reach its goal before the end of this year.

Yep. I've been following RAGE since 2017, still remember days when George (owner) was very active in the community and he was responding to almost everyone who needed help. It's really impressive how they've grown in the last 2 years.

Edited by mtz64