Add the ability to edit your character after launch

holaa.

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I believe that small customization should be allowed. It had happened to myself previously that I created a character just to realize that it looks absolutely ass outside of the creator and then I had to completely remake it. Restricting it makes no sense IMO. 

should allow to change everything except the parents imo 

• Clap 1

4 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

even parents should be changeable. sometimes if you only change 1 your character is still gonna look the same, except might look a bit more manly or whatever. 

true true depends on the blend 

16 minutes ago, holaa. said:

should allow to change everything except the parents imo 

yes .

14 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

even parents should be changeable. sometimes if you only change 1 your character is still gonna look the same, except might look a bit more manly or whatever. 

and yes maybe to an extent .

10 minutes ago, Sheffield said:

Maybe implement that after 3 hours (prefer less) of playing the character you can’t edit it anymore?

i think putting restrictions like that is not the way to go if you want to limit it have it in a way like you can only edit the face x amount of Times per month 

Speaking from experience of having a character on another server, it’s really hard to get the look just right the first time around. Tweaks are always necessary. Even later down the line - certain lighting can make you see things you didn’t notice in initial character creation.  

So with that in mind, yes, I think having most customisation options unlocked as a sort of plastic surgery would be the way to go. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

Yeah, should be editable. Maybe it'll turn into something you can edit eventually but at this point it's just weird. There're obvious things like rashes etcetera you might experience at some point which you would need to edit through the character panel so it should be accessible. Maybe limit it a little bit, like once a month, but please do not make it P2W because that's just unnecessary. 

I do believe there should be circumstances where you'd be able to change your character's appearance and this is mostly due to the fact that after initially creating your character, it will look slightly different than what you expected since the lighting changes from the create-a-character part in the beginning. On top of that, if you namechange... then what? You're stuck with that appearance? Nah. Cannot be happening.

I'm sure there's something in place. There should be limits but it shouldn't be not allowed at all. For example, after a namechange, you can change the parents like someone mentioned above. People do get plastic surgery often and especially in the "Los Angeles" area, right? Lol. Hopefully this'll be looked into further. 🙂

5 hours ago, Xanakin said:

Plastic surgery already has been mentioned in a meeting and will be there post-launch, however expect to be able to change minor things like nose, cheekbones etc. instead of being able to edit your character from A to Z again.

This is the most important thing. I hope minor changes are possible and aging. Last thing mentioned should be nice if you have played an xx amount of time you get an option to “age” your char if you would like to.

I'd also like to see the opportunity to change skin tones slightly. I know that it's been mentioned that mixed skin tone between "parents" will be possible. Think it would be good to unlock this as like "spray tanning" or "sunbed tanning" sort of thing. Give my pale character a lil' glow 😉

Sal 

Ex-staff

this is especially important for female characters since different makeup options lead us to resize facial features. for example, from an aesthetic point of view, it is much more convenient to start customization by makeup or hair, because these characteristics suggest what size your face should be.

• Thumbs 1

• jack locked this topic