Stash cars/asset safety

i find it depressing ppl want some mickey mouse non-rp bullshit where they can stockpile kilos of guns and drugs in a way that is virtually impervious to any loss

like that really doesnt help criminal rp at all and is one reason the drug economy on lsrp was a joke

its so non-rp and stupid and lazy and bad and it depresses me people have no desire for progress

• Clap 1

3 hours ago, SmallFry said:

i find it depressing ppl want some mickey mouse non-rp bullshit where they can stockpile kilos of guns and drugs in a way that is virtually impervious to any loss

like that really doesnt help criminal rp at all and is one reason the drug economy on lsrp was a joke

its so non-rp and stupid and lazy and bad and it depresses me people have no desire for progress

If there is a good new system that can't be abused, I'm all up for it. If not, we survived on the sa:mp version for over 10 years with the stash cars and I think most people were fine with the way it was.

Having all cars spawned when you log in is definitely a no. Imagine each player having 2 cars and there being 500 people online. Assuming every single one is using a vehicle at the same time, you would still have 500 cars spawned for no reason and you will have people with less powerful computers complain about the unnecessary cars causing them lag, people going around breaking into cars in hope of finding a stash, etc.

Finding out about a stash through roleplay means and then planning a robbery is something different to going around and breaking into random cars in hope of finding a drug or weapon stash.

If there is a new stash system as betonists says, I'm excited to see how our developers thought about doing this.

• CJ 1

5 minutes ago, Zakaria_Tokatyan said:

If there is a good new system that can't be abused, I'm all up for it. If not, we survived on the sa:mp version for over 10 years with the stash cars and I think most people were fine with the way it was.

no it was terrible, it inhibits investigative RP, robbery RP, and allowed ppl to NC with mass criminal assets and start up criminal groups that didnt need to network at all based on their OOC holdings. it literally undermined/destroyed meaningful drug/gun networks & was one of the peak cringe limitations of SAMP rp that kept so many real organic criminal situations from happening.

gta:w for all its flaws has a much better system at present, dont have 2 copy it identically could improve it, but the idea that despawning cars filled with kilos of drugs and 100's of guns makes for quality rp is just a joke. i would 1000x take their system over the SAMP system, but u could do even better than theirs easily.

it sure would be depressing to see LSRP just re-invent every shitty non-RP system due to a lack of creativity

I think we should wait a few days and see what the development team came up with in regards to the stash system,

6 hours ago, betonists said:

The new stash system was designed to bring some realism to stashing, it's a good riddance of stashcars that could hold 20 guns and get dispawned out in the abyss.

and then re-open this discussion.

I agree the version we had on sa:mp was limiting and not the most realistic one but that's all we had back then. The limitations were there for sure but not only regarding stashes. I was talking earlier in another thread about gambling, another concept that was poorly executed on the sa:mp version and I hope we learnt something from that.

I am intrigued to see the new stash system and the roleplay opportunities it will create.

No /v park's with stuff in it. It's abusive and play-2-winish. Wanna store shit? Do it inside your house, don't want it to be broken in? Get alarm systems and all that. 

I never liked /v park on LS, people used vehicles like a OOC stash. Faggios stacked with AK's and all that crap, it was just messed up. Just because they didn't wanna store it inside the cribs, sure I get it. You wanna be on top 24/7, but its just unfair advantage. Specially if cops looking for certain murder weapon and what-not, and its just disappeared. And once a while, you might be lucky and catch people abusing the stash-car, and yet...it turns into a big ooc bitching.

- No /v park with illegal valuables in it, thank you.

1U8CXwc.png

uq91B3u.png

18 hours ago, Kirill_Ustinov said:

No /v park's with stuff in it. It's abusive and play-2-winish. Wanna store shit? Do it inside your house, don't want it to be broken in? Get alarm systems and all that. 

I never liked /v park on LS, people used vehicles like a OOC stash. Faggios stacked with AK's and all that crap, it was just messed up. Just because they didn't wanna store it inside the cribs, sure I get it. You wanna be on top 24/7, but its just unfair advantage. Specially if cops looking for certain murder weapon and what-not, and its just disappeared. And once a while, you might be lucky and catch people abusing the stash-car, and yet...it turns into a big ooc bitching.

- No /v park with illegal valuables in it, thank you.

I'm all down for it, only if there's a good house breakin system. If houses can't be invaded, then we didn't solve anything.

• Thumbs 1

if you think about it all this stems from how valuable weapons and drugs were on the old server. people wouldn't be doing everything in their power to protect these assets if they weren't something special 2 begin with. maybe resource scarcity should be solved so people dont have ooc attachments to their goods?

Edited by yekim
  • CJ 1
  • Thumbs 1

I would rather rely on a real stash system (properties, or stash spots on the street). The V map is large enough and there are enough properties to prevent people from just running around looking for shit. Or at least, I think it is in theory?

I don't know how well it works in practice though. I stayed away from gang rp on GTAW, and people with experience in that area would be the ones to ask.

One thing that really needs to be considered here is that the SAMP system was basically the loophole that allowed hoarding. There's no risk to holding contraband indefinitely if you can just despawn it into the void. And big stockpiles of weapons and drugs is how you end up with an utterly shagged faction dynamic in a year from now, when everyone is just relying on built-up caches for every single new faction until they can apply for schemes and no new transactions are taking place. Not to mention the effect on the economy when there's no organic scarcity of anything because so much contraband exists in despawned vehicles.

I would suggest trialing a real stash system from the beginning, and it can be addressed if that doesn't work out. Which sounds like it's the plan if there's already a stash system developed?

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps we could compromise? Vehicle stashes should be in the game, but perhaps it could be done in a more lighter way than how it was presented on the SA-MP server. Instead of being able to hold twenty weapons in one vehicle, why not limit that to five or ten. The same limit could be done on drugs, and this would create a need for more viable options to store contraband, such as stash houses, while also allowing the use of vehicle stashes for minor aid.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 12:39 AM, philadelphia shooter said:

Should we be able to /v park cars with drugs/weapons inside? I didn't really mind how it was on SA-MP, but I want to hear more opinions about this.

No. Encourages playing to win mentality. Stash your stuff at a property.

r5LprBu.png624c1822117a4.png

idk bruh...

keeping stash cars messes up the realism aspect, but removing them also makes it a little tooooo realistic...

/v park and /v get were kinda clutch for when you couldnt afford a 3 million dollar house in the ghetto, but people would often just PG with them soo.... definitely an iffy thing, think an official poll should be made about this

Edited by hotcheetos

The stash car is just an easy way to eliminate the majority of risks that come when selling drugs. There could be a cooldown period once you despawn a vehicle, let's say you need to wait 30 minutes before you can spawn that specific vehicle back, however, this won't eliminate the abuse issues to the fullest, as people will still metagame to go around. /pm srry bro, I gotta wait 10 mins before I can sell you. - stuff like this.

qgv23wo.png