Stash cars/asset safety

I never thought that was too bad. It compensated for how unreliable houses were as stashes (who never had the server reset in the middle of the night and come online to an empty ass stash spot before?).

Old car ownership system and everything surrounding it worked 100% fine for me tbh, not really anything I'd change about it.

9 minutes ago, IdleStacks said:

I never thought that was too bad. It compensated for how unreliable houses were as stashes (who never had the server reset in the middle of the night and come online to an empty ass stash spot before?).

Old car ownership system and everything surrounding it worked 100% fine for me tbh, not really anything I'd change about it.

Maybe the fact that you only could spawn 1 vehicle at a time if I am not wrong. This is a limitation that I would remove, but for the rest, it was fine ( even the /v park ).

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

4 hours ago, IdleStacks said:

I agree with this, I found the old system from samp was decent for stashing items etc. I'd like to be able to spawn more then 1 vehicle though, multiple would be nice. 

I typically didn't like when drugs would decay over time but maybe a neat system would be to have a fridge storage script where you could store drugs in the freezer part rply or something to keep it more fresh/stop the timer. Just an idea, I don't know!

Edited by Natasha Valentine

0hO1ou7.gifXoiz438.gif

The original parking and storage system(s) are fine and has never posed a significant issue. People who abused it were usually caught out so the system itself works how it is supposed to. I do think the scripts and systems that could be created here would invalidate the need for parking vehicles though, as we would be able to create in-depth storage systems with actual substance and importance towards them in properties and vehicles — but this is a long term goal.

Edited by owen

51 minutes ago, skyrocket said:

In addition, the police should be able to request an admin to spawn a player's stash vehicle if a warrant were to be executed on it. And yes, the police should find the vehicle themselves.

I agree with this. 

If LSPD have a vehicle they suspect as being a stash vehicle then admins shoudl be allowed to spawn it into the world in the last place it was parked. 

But it should be down to the LSPD to hunt for the vehicle. If a stash car is tucked away in an industrial area, or a scrapyard or out in the middle of nowhere then its up to them to find it. 

1 hour ago, skyrocket said:

In addition, the police should be able to request an admin to spawn a player's stash vehicle if a warrant were to be executed on it. And yes, the police should find the vehicle themselves.

That was a thing on SAMP. I'm not a huge fan of it, but if they're able to locate the vehicle via IC means and obtain enough evidence to secure a search warrant, then they should be allowed to proceed with that.

For me its a yes and no at the same time.

I've seen way too many times that people /v parked the second anyone even stared at them whilst they were inside their stash vehicle (Sadler most of the time) just to avoid being robbed, some even /q'ing after when approached.

I would rather see people use safe objects within their homes/appartments to stash stuff instead of vehicles since they can't magically despawn those.

Edited by Xanakin
  • OK 1

13 minutes ago, Xanakin said:

For me its a yes and no at the same time.

I've been way too many times that people /v parked the second anyone even stared at them whilst they were inside their stash vehicle (Sadler most of the time) just to avoid being robbed, some even /q'ing after when approached.

I would rather see people use safe objects within their homes/appartments to stash stuff instead of vehicles since they can't magically despawn those.

I do understand where you're coming from. But i personally like stash cars, not even from a practical point of view, just the thought of a van hidden in plain site but actaully holding guns and drugs is kinda cool imo. 

Maybe something where /vpark takes like 20 seconds or so?

On 2/8/2022 at 7:11 AM, Gazura said:

Maybe keep the concept of stash cars but don't let people /vpark them all a players vehicles spawned while they're logged in? 

This is my favorite solution to the problem. Your cars spawn when you log on, and despawn when you log off, unless a player is inside your vehicle when you log off then it stays spawned indefinitely (server restart, X amount of time, next time you log on and off and its not occupied.)

6 hours ago, jguntel said:

This is my favorite solution to the problem. Your cars spawn when you log on, and despawn when you log off, unless a player is inside your vehicle when you log off then it stays spawned indefinitely (server restart, X amount of time, next time you log on and off and its not occupied.)

This is going to make everything 20x laggier.

Kind of on the fence about this , I believe this was a good use while on SAMP due to the lack of storage options that existed. But hiding your assets and stuff in a car that's not spawned isn't the way I think we should go.  Ultimately removing the whole 'stash car' mentality. 

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

16 hours ago, jguntel said:

This would require some testing, because afaik the world starts disappearing if there are too many vehicles in one area.. But unsure if it's to do with the script or just straight up an engine limitation.

28 minutes ago, skyrocket said:

This would require some testing, because afaik the world starts disappearing if there are too many vehicles in one area.. But unsure if it's to do with the script or just straight up an engine limitation.

Texture lose is caused by rage when there are too many vechicles spawned in one place 

If the house script is made into a better script, like the ability to role-play storing items etcetera in different places would be good, but it would definitely lose the purpose of using vehicles, especially if your stashes are unaccessible by the general players. It could be made into what GTA World has with the break-in script, but that'd be too much work and I feel like it would die like it did in GTA W, where you must wait for hours to be able to break into a house. We have to see what the devs do. Maybe make stash vehicles vulnerable for some time, but automatically despawn after like 30 minutes if you try to /v park it. So if someone is scoping you out, you can't just do it in one second. It would be something more reasonable and border-line to just being able to rob stuff from houses like back in the days. 

Also, chain-robbing vehicles is inevitable sadly. People will do it for as long as they have the patience do and it really can't be changed like that, sadly. Unless we have a script which detects if a player is chain robbing and have a proper rule-set around it.

Yes, it should be allowed because inevitably there will be trolls who break in vehicles just to rob stashes and to protect you from the trolls, that system would do a fine job. If you were to know about the location of the said vehicle and wish to check it but it's not spawned, you can always request it from the person to spawn it (assuming there's a common courtesy and they'll comply) or ask an admin to do so in case of a rejection.

• Thumbs 1

10 hours ago, dis0rder said:

Yes, it should be allowed because inevitably there will be trolls who break in vehicles just to rob stashes and to protect you from the trolls, that system would do a fine job. If you were to know about the location of the said vehicle and wish to check it but it's not spawned, you can always request it from the person to spawn it (assuming there's a common courtesy and they'll comply) or ask an admin to do so in case of a rejection.

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-R

On 2/11/2022 at 11:26 AM, dis0rder said:

Haven't dealt with situations like this personally, people hate to lose so in most cases we'll be called.  Some people pounch on people when they suspect when it's a stash car and with some people not knowing they're being watched get themselves into that situation of the /b spawn it spam from time to time.  

Like I said before with the whole inventory script coming around and the ability of storing stuff in items. I'm kind of on the fence about 'stash cars' as it's something we should try to move away from. That's just my opinion though. 

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

• 2 weeks later...