Bring back samp lsrp for the love of god

Cazinoo

I think we can all agree that  people didn't leave samp lsrp for the reason they think they did, it's not because samp was not fun anymore, it's just because people have a busy  life now  and are kinda busy doing something they see as important. Moving to gta 5 might be good, but atleast let us enjoy the nostalgia of samp, Im sure other people share the same opinion as me.

Don't think this thing is gonna happen. SAMP is slowly dying, plus it makes no sense to open a RageMP server and a SAMP one: it would split the players between them and you wouldn't be able to have fun in neither of them.

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

Mmmm nah, I think I'll get all the nostalgia I need once the old forums are accessible again. I doubt I'd feel the need to actually log in there - plus it would create all sorts of continuity problems and split people up as Mikee said.

Best to let it rest methinks.  

Sal 

Ex-staff

I don't think walking in half empty map in SAMP will bring back any nostalgia. The only thing that might bring nostalgic memories back is some old screenshots or forums as mentioned above. Other than that, we just have to be able to move forward and create new memories in RageMP.

Toodles.

The Road Slayers Motorcycle Club

LS-RP

6 hours ago, Cazinoo said:

I think we can all agree that  people didn't leave samp lsrp for the reason they think they did, it's not because samp was not fun anymore, it's just because people have a busy  life now  and are kinda busy doing something they see as important. Moving to gta 5 might be good, but atleast let us enjoy the nostalgia of samp, Im sure other people share the same opinion as me.

Are you high, sir? 

I more than probably anybody else doubted the ability to transition GTA Roleplay into the GTA5 format. After messing around with RAGE for awhile I can absolutely assure you that at the bare minimum, emulating LSRP is possible on this platform. I think even the most staunch die-hards who refuse to make the switch will admit that RAGE / GTA5s features are leagues ahead of SA-MP. 

Shit, compare SA-MP to MTA. MTA was on the same platform and while I'm no developer, it still seemed vastly superior in terms of tech. SA-MP really wasn't that impressive, the communities were.

Edited by Apophis
remove weird acronyms
  • Love 1

No, let the thing die already. I myself was a die-hard refusing the switch, but as time goes I saw how many more possibilities Rage offers, how many old players return and how hyped everyone is. Server hasn't even launched and I'm already stoked. 

Besides, no one has the resources and time to upkeep and manage a server that would simply provide freeroam grounds, as staff is extremely busy with the V server. Afterall, three weeks left...

• Thumbs 1

qgv23wo.png

why downgrade  and divide the community?

pretty sure SAMPs coding was some ancient shit that the dev team  probably doesn’t miss and there’s definitely more advanced scripting shit to work with on gta v compared to SAMP and it also looks better

SAMP is long gone.  It would be a waste of time and resources.  I was sad to see all the old forums gone and a complete re-start.   I like the new forum by Invision, but I would have liked to see all the old content carryover instead of starting fresh.  Such great memories can never really be searched by the common person.

17 hours ago, nova said:

We rarely got above 50 players in the last months and it had nothing to do with people having a busy job.

50? Wow.. last time I logged on was March 2020 and I think I remember seeing it at 200-ish. It was good days when the server was at 495/495 with a queue of like 30 at midday. SAMP was dying no doubt but the community still played. It just sounds took a drastic turn and went downhill faaaast.

Bringing back to server won’t do any good, nobody today wants to boot up a game from 2004, especially since it just got remastered. It’s all nostalgia now, it’s harsh but that’s the way it goes. Hope the V server brings new life into the community.