Enforcing CKs

bobby3x

Just now, holaa. said:

you ajail them for 2 hours

they get released

they avoid ic consquences and actual jail which goes on their IC record 

PD/SD wasted their time 

the player loses nothing

Ajail for 2 hours isn't that short honesty to be quiet honest, in most cases what I would usually do is speak to the player in question. See if they think their actions were justified give them a chance to 1) Re-rp properly or 2) see what their mistake was so they can better from it. If it wasn't you will be punished accordingly. I personally have punished players for poor RP because they wanted to avoid IC consequences. You know what happened they got both jailed icly and admin jailed. 

We as server administration try to educate our players when they've done wrong and help them understand how to better themselves rather than just straight out punish them.  So again forcing CKs is probably not the path we want to venture here. 

4 minutes ago, Dann2000 said:

Do you mean people are allowed to have more than one account on this server?

Yes. 

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

3 minutes ago, Redz said:

Ajail for 2 hours isn't that short honesty to be quiet honest, in most cases what I would usually do is speak to the player in question. See if they think their actions were justified give them a chance to 1) Re-rp properly or 2) see what their mistake was so they can better from it. If it wasn't you will be punished accordingly. I personally have punished players for poor RP because they wanted to avoid IC consequences. You know what happened they got both jailed icly and admin jailed. 

We as server administration try to educate our players when they've done wrong and help them understand how to better themselves rather than just straight out punish them.  So again forcing CKs is probably not the path we want to venture here. 

Yes. 

For clarification, do you mean you can have multiple characters or... multiple accounts?

No from me. The way it has been going as it did on SAMP was perfect in my eyes, suicide by cop being rewarded with an ajail and such instead of a CK - wouldn't be doing suicide by cop if they cared about their character in the first place.
Forced CK's should only be a thing in faction wars and when faction leaders greenlight the PK/CK of a faction member with the perms given beforehand.

• Thumbs 2
  • OK 1

We're going to keep the rule we had in the Faction Team where a faction can reserve the right to Character Kill a person as long as the person has forum PM'd the faction leader with consent to CK their characer.

We're not looking at introducing a new rule where you could apply for an individual character CK application. If a character is rulebreaking and thus would reach a point of where it's natural to talk about a character kill, it's up to the lead admins discretion what to do. We will always educate players first, then punish them instead of going for a "Character kill" punishment.

EDIT

I'd like to point out that factions can still request an individual character kill as per the RoE found here: https://community.ls-rp.com/rules/roe/

• CJ 1
  • Thumbs 2
  • Love 2

• Ben locked this topic