Enforcing CKs

bobby3x

This is narcans input on CK, wondering if anybody else has something to share about CKs.

- Doing anything that is a lack of respect for your characters life. Even if it's a mistake. I.E - LEO opening up on three individuals with AR's, alone with a service pistol instead of retreating to secure cover.

- Any long term personal beef (not faction related) where killing you was justified. If you bring the consequence solely onto yourself without third party involvement you should face the consequences. Stuff like character to character FB beefs, personal rivalries etc.

- Any faction member to member killings. Most factions enforce this themselves but if not, it would be dumb to take out somebody strategically in your own faction and have them only PK over it.

83 Gangster Crips

The Black Car

"The Best Prison Car to touch GTA5 Roleplay!" - LSRP Representative

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

I do agree with most of this. In my opinion, players should be able to apply for a Character Kill through Faction Management for CKs outside of their faction. That way if some of the situations you mention above occur, players can submit an application and have FM review their side and evidence and determine whether a CK should be applicable or not. When it comes to LEOs as you mentioned above, if they decide to go rambo and act with blatant disregard to their life and are killed it is definitely something that should be looked at as to whether or not it should be a CK.

It's very situational, especially with factions (both legal and illegal). I agree with your first point. LEOs going John Wick on an armed 4 door should be forced to CK if they die. And the same should apply vice versa if you're alone and you try to shoot it out with a large group of LEOs by yourself instead of roleplaying the scenario out.

In some of the gang factions I was leading we made sure that if we had a long lasting rivalry with another gang which escalated to a war, we would always reach out and try to promote CKs for members from both sides that were willing to CK. It should be something that is mutually agreed on rather than forced. It gives gangs actual "dead homies" in character and opens a lot of different roleplay opportunities. Making it mandatory to CK if someone you have a long lasting beef with kills you would only cause more problems than good roleplay. I've seen and been in enough of these wars to know how sour it can turn when somebody dies to a poorly roleplayed hit or a hit where rules were broken, just so they can win the war and post their death screenshots.

I'm pretty sure it's established that if you get executed by your faction you CK. That's why you take their CK permissions before allowing them into your faction.

Edited by Kev
  • Thumbs 2

I do agree with it but in a different way. In my opinion, when it comes to illegal roleplay, factions already have CK permissions for their members, and about wars and everything else, LS-RP has already created and published the rules of engagement for the server that's about to open. Faction leaders and higher ranks are the ones who must guarantee that all the members are strictly following those rules, specially when it comes to wars. More important than win is the roleplay and what that kind of situation provides, so, with that being said, I think that any faction in the server that puts an OOC win above quality in their IC roleplay only for cool death screenshots shouldn't even be around.

Now, about being CKd when a cop goes all rambo in a dangerous situation or being CKd in a gang war, while I agree they should be CKd like real life, I don't agree with everything that brings. What I mean is, let's take the PD example. Upon joining the faction, it takes a whole process like going through interviews, applications, academy, etc etc. Or even illegal factions, such as making your IC way into it, it takes time. It takes dedication, and not everyone has that time available to go through it over and over again every time he gets CKd. It gets boring, it gets exhausting and we all have lifes and responsabilities out of the game. Not everyone is willing to start all over again every time. With that, I think we could put something like, if a police officer gets killed, and he's a sergeant for example, he could actually be CKd but instead of losing everything, he could have the opportunity, if he wishes of course, to namechange and restart his rank in the faction instead of going through everything all over again. Same goes for illegal. Ex: Being an OG in a gang, you get CKd and start again as a associate or someway to join once again. I don't know. And if the faction is in a war, he must stay out of it until it's over.  But all of that is just an idea. You could have some realistic situation without needing to restart all over again. Some of us just want to have some fun.

Edited by RafaSilva15

14 minutes ago, RafaSilva15 said:

Upon joining the faction, it takes a whole process like going through interviews, applications, academy, etc etc. Or even illegal factions, such as making your IC way into it, it takes time. It takes dedication, and not everyone has that time available to go through it over and over again every time he gets CKd. It gets boring, it gets exhausting and we all have lifes and responsabilities out of the game. Not everyone is willing to start all over again every time. With that, I think we could put something like, if a police officer gets killed, and he's a sergeant for example, he could actually be CKd but instead of losing everything, he could have the opportunity, if he wishes of course, to namechange and restart his rank in the faction instead of going through everything all over again.

I feel that suggestion you made should depend solely on the faction and its leaders. There's no need to enforce anything related to that in rules, as you already stated above; we have clear agreement on wars and i think it's enough in that matter.

10 minutes ago, mtz64 said:

I feel that suggestion you made should depend solely on the faction and its leaders. There's no need to enforce anything related to that in rules, as you already stated above; we have clear agreement on wars and i think it's enough in that matter.

To be truly honest with you, I think we shouldn't force anything. I think the rule is good and working by the way it is now. But if something like that comes up to discussion in the future, just gave an alternative to be considered. 

It's definitely situational, for sure. I think at times you can enforce CKs like in PD/SD situations with someone who picks death to get out of jail time, it would force people to be more careful in various instances rather than shooting out with cops to avoid any trouble. If they faced a CK in a police pursuit, they would either give-up or commit realistic crimes to avoid losing their character, assets, time, etc.

I can't really comment on how this has worked in illegal RP, back when I did it we just basically signed our character's life to a faction and the leadership was then able to bump you off if deemed necessary. Don't know how that worked in faction wars etc.

I think in generally, I support the idea that if someone activates rambo mode rather than being logically careful, it should be considered at the very least. It's so subjective really though; some characters' personalities would naturally make them more likely to take risks, and I don't think that should be punished provided it's done well. Honestly this is a complicated topic - hard to pin down a policy that would work in every situation. So I guess it'd have to be looked at on a case-by-case basis.

Sal 

Ex-staff

I don't agree with universal forced CKs. The only thing that results in is shittier characters because you have to pump out another every time you get hit with a stray in a city where crime will undoubtedly exceed the rate of the average warzone. Faction CKs have always been there. CKs for shootouts with the PD give too much power to legal factions unless you want to start enforcing them for both sides in which case it results in the first problem anyway. I'm OK with CK applications though and especially faction CK wars as always.

I think LSRP had it down fine. This is a bad/good roleplayer issue and bad roleplayers should eventually be weeded out. You have to remember at some point that it's a game. No one's gonna shit themselves and die if you don't roleplay having been in a thousand shoot outs.

Edited by IdleStacks

This discussion is pointless really considering the fact a single NC costs 2 dollars. I personally know at least five to six players who cannot afford it.

Let's just play and have fun - PK is still a thing (for legal roleplayers, exempli gratia - a detectives was killed during an investigation, by the suspect of course, he shall not continue the investigation) and life imprisonment for illegal roleplayers (a detective was working on a case for three months, to avoid simply killing the suspect and acting like nothing happened after they respawn, their character will be imprisoned for life).

spacer.png

DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS II) CHAD AARON KRASINSKI
A/OPERATIONS SERGEANT, CUSTODY SERVICES DIVISION
LOS SANTOS COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT — "A TRADITION OF SERVICE"

ALSO A/LIEUTENANT JAMAL CHAQUILLE CARR
TEAM LEADER, OPERATION SAFE JAILS

• Management

It all sounds good on paper but then you got to remember, people have to donate for namechanges and a lot of people don't exactly want to buy stuff for the game. Which is understandable. But, when you have people that end up going Rambo and shooting their way out of LEO situations to avoid jail-time, and they die. I personally think the Law Enforcement Officer should be within their right to report this person, to force a CK on them. Now, I know how this sounds in some situations it can be deemed acceptable but it should all be done case by case rather than CK'ing every single person who shoots at police, as it does happen. People do shoot at the Law Enforcement in California. 

Now, regarding Illegal factions. The way it's been handled in the past has been fair, you give the leadership your permissions and if they deem it necessarily they can CK you off which is totally fair and logical as let's be real, if you fuck up IC'ly. You fuck up, your character development got you in that predicament. So that faction has every single right to faction kill you. 

You are encouraged to enter faction controlled wars (e.g character-kill wars) to promote role-play.

Now this is quoted from the rules of engagement. If you get yourself into a war FACTION TEAM highly encourage you to enter  a faction controlled war where you can set your own terms, and some terms can be regarding Character Kills. Now, does this ruin the roleplay you may think? Absolutely fucking not, you're having characters out there roleplaying actual fear, roleplaying going to the county etc etc, people are actually scared of losing their characters and this is why Character Kill wars are amazing as people are more careful and try their best to provide quality roleplay.

As an admin, i don't think we should be forcing CK's but asking players to value their characters more and not treat it like you have multiple lives. However subpar RP leading to deaths whether it be shooting their way out of arrest etc, we definitely won't be condoning it. 

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

2 hours ago, Redz said:

As an admin, i don't think we should be forcing CK's but asking players to value their characters more and not treat it like you have multiple lives. However subpar RP leading to deaths whether it be shooting their way out of arrest etc, we definitely won't be condoning it. 

4 hours ago, felis said:

This discussion is pointless really considering the fact a single NC costs 2 dollars. I personally know at least five to six players who cannot afford it.

Let's just play and have fun - PK is still a thing (for legal roleplayers, exempli gratia - a detectives was killed during an investigation, by the suspect of course, he shall not continue the investigation) and life imprisonment for illegal roleplayers (a detective was working on a case for three months, to avoid simply killing the suspect and acting like nothing happened after they respawn, their character will be imprisoned for life).

If you don't force CKs on dumb shit nobody is going to value their characters it's going to cause more unrealistic stuff going down than it will do good. this isn't samp anymore, times change and you gotta adapt it's a norm on English txt RP servers on here, be it present past or future 

On 2/3/2022 at 5:56 AM, bobby3x said:

This is narcans input on CK, wondering if anybody else has something to share about CKs.

- Doing anything that is a lack of respect for your characters life. Even if it's a mistake. I.E - LEO opening up on three individuals with AR's, alone with a service pistol instead of retreating to secure cover.

- Any long term personal beef (not faction related) where killing you was justified. If you bring the consequence solely onto yourself without third party involvement you should face the consequences. Stuff like character to character FB beefs, personal rivalries etc.

- Any faction member to member killings. Most factions enforce this themselves but if not, it would be dumb to take out somebody strategically in your own faction and have them only PK over it.

I agree with this, I think doing stupid stuff without giving any value to your character's life puts you on the risk of getting said character CKed, while it's very situational, I agree with having a NO-FEAR RP rule, being at gun point for example during a robbery with a gun on your forehead and then you just out of nowhere pull a gun and shoot back and die, that's a CK if you ask me.
People also tend to make fodder characters for the sake of baiting cops or joining wars or just messing around with people with nothing to lose, it gets very annoying for everyone involved around them.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:06 PM, RafaSilva15 said:

I do agree with it but in a different way. In my opinion, when it comes to illegal roleplay, factions already have CK permissions for their members, and about wars and everything else, LS-RP has already created and published the rules of engagement for the server that's about to open. Faction leaders and higher ranks are the ones who must guarantee that all the members are strictly following those rules, specially when it comes to wars. More important than win is the roleplay and what that kind of situation provides, so, with that being said, I think that any faction in the server that puts an OOC win above quality in their IC roleplay only for cool death screenshots shouldn't even be around.

Now, about being CKd when a cop goes all rambo in a dangerous situation or being CKd in a gang war, while I agree they should be CKd like real life, I don't agree with everything that brings. What I mean is, let's take the PD example. Upon joining the faction, it takes a whole process like going through interviews, applications, academy, etc etc. Or even illegal factions, such as making your IC way into it, it takes time. It takes dedication, and not everyone has that time available to go through it over and over again every time he gets CKd. It gets boring, it gets exhausting and we all have lifes and responsabilities out of the game. Not everyone is willing to start all over again every time. With that, I think we could put something like, if a police officer gets killed, and he's a sergeant for example, he could actually be CKd but instead of losing everything, he could have the opportunity, if he wishes of course, to namechange and restart his rank in the faction instead of going through everything all over again. Same goes for illegal. Ex: Being an OG in a gang, you get CKd and start again as a associate or someway to join once again. I don't know. And if the faction is in a war, he must stay out of it until it's over.  But all of that is just an idea. You could have some realistic situation without needing to restart all over again. Some of us just want to have some fun.

That's not how it really works around here, people who do dumb stuff in PD and get CKed don't have to go through anything over and over again, what simply happens is their character dies, they namechange and carry on from where they stopped, it's just a learning lesson for them to not do what got them brutally murdered again.

-In conclusion having a forced CK rule puts more value into reconsidering your decisions before doing stupid stuff.

• Clap 1

4 minutes ago, Dann2000 said:

I agree with this, I think doing stupid stuff without giving any value to your character's life puts you on the risk of getting said character CKed, while it's very situational, I agree with having a NO-FEAR RP rule, being at gun point for example during a robbery with a gun on your forehead and then you just out of nowhere pull a gun and shoot back and die, that's a CK if you ask me.
People also tend to make fodder characters for the sake of baiting cops or joining wars or just messing around with people with nothing to lose, it gets very annoying for everyone involved around them.

That's not how it really works around here, people who do dumb stuff in PD and get CKed don't have to go through anything over and over again, what simply happens is their character dies, they namechange and carry on from where they stopped, it's just a learning lesson for them to not do what got them brutally murdered again.

-In conclusion having a forced CK rule puts more value into reconsidering your decisions before doing stupid stuff.

pd/sd on other servers dont start at same place but they don't get kicked out of the faction

47 minutes ago, holaa. said:

spacer.png

it just works 🤷‍♂️

have fun playing there then? tf

this is just proof that this shit doesn't actually do anything but get people to spend money on namechanges, or else it wouldn't happen at all

Edited by IdleStacks

18 minutes ago, IdleStacks said:

have fun playing there then? tf

this is just proof that this shit doesn't actually do anything but get people to spend money on namechanges, or else it wouldn't happen at all

he lost his character, he lost the ability to RP with the people he rp'd with due to terrible IC decisions  ???? 

6 minutes ago, holaa. said:

he lost his character, he lost the ability to RP with the people he rp'd with due to terrible IC decisions  ???? 

lmfao people who do that shit don't care, they're going to namechange, go right back up their OOC friends and restart the process. I've seen it happen in real time (over VOIP, yes) probably more than 50 times in the years I RPed on LSRP. They're not here for the roleplay, they're here to be on VOIP with their friends while they find thinly veiled excuses to shoot people for sick block wipe compilations on youtube. This has happened as long as there have been RP communities and it will continue to happen, forever.

trying to fight shitty rpers by hurting everyone is just fighting a losing battle. They will always be there and it's why ajails and bans were made. LSRP already forced you to CK in these situations IIRC anyways. It just rarely applied because only very rarely are you actually caught in a situation where a CK is truly justified.

Edited by IdleStacks

1 hour ago, holaa. said:

spacer.png

it just works 🤷‍♂️

You ajail them for 2 hours then CK them, what's the point the player would just not play on that account anymore. You're making it seem like we won't be punishing for subpar RP when the situation arises. But forcing CK on someone is not the smartest thing to do. 

FORMER LSRP SENIOR ADMIN

2 minutes ago, Redz said:

You ajail them for 2 hours then CK them, what's the point the player would just not play on that account anymore. You're making it seem like we won't be punishing for subpar RP when the situation arises. But forcing CK on someone is not the smartest thing to do. 

Do you mean people are allowed to have more than one account on this server?

1 minute ago, Redz said:

you ajail them for 2 hours

they get released

they avoid ic consquences and actual jail which goes on their IC record 

PD/SD wasted their time 

the player loses nothing

• Ben locked this topic