Furnishing System and Public Spaces

RUMLY

I'm very curious about how the furnishing system will work. Other GTA RP text servers haven't done such a great job and are still holding onto an outdated and hard to manoeuvre system.

I'd personally prefer a drag and drop system, much much easier than using the keyboard to move items, but this isn't as big of a deal breaker as my next point. Currently, on GTA:W there is no way to actually view items before placing them. The furniture naming system is also quite shit, with furniture items having names completely unrelated to what they actually look like and this makes furnishing a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE. A system where you can preview furniture items before placing them would be a life saver for mappers, and I believe this server is very much capable of that as it would be very similar to the clothing system that's already in place.

Another suggestion I'd like to make is having some interiors open to the public 24/7. Places like churches,  public libraries, art centers/galleries and museums that would be mapped by the mappers team should always be available to players. Sometimes it gets boring roleplaying at people's homes or having to wait for a business to open,  especially with players being in different time zones.

I'd like to hear everyone else's opinions and ideas about the mapping system!

I'm currently working on adding objects for the furniture system and I'm trying to be as descriptive as I can with the furniture names. Sometimes there's no avoiding "White Chair 3" for the sake of time and lack of other descriptive features but overall the names should be pretty clear as to what the object is going to be. Some of the current categories still need reworked but I think overall you guys will really like what we have.

As for the preview function you mentioned if you check out the furniture system video, that's one of the coolest features about it.

Spoiler

• Clap 1
  • OK 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, RUMLY said:

Another suggestion I'd like to make is having some interiors open to the public 24/7. Places like churches,  public libraries, art centers/galleries and museums that would be mapped by the mappers team should always be available to players. Sometimes it gets boring roleplaying at people's homes or having to wait for a business to open,  especially with players being in different time zones.

We always had these. But they weren't used that much tbh.

qgv23wo.png

14 hours ago, kendrick said:

I'm currently working on adding objects for the furniture system and I'm trying to be as descriptive as I can with the furniture names. Sometimes there's no avoiding "White Chair 3" for the sake of time and lack of other descriptive features but overall the names should be pretty clear as to what the object is going to be. Some of the current categories still need reworked but I think overall you guys will really like what we have.

As for the preview function you mentioned if you check out the furniture system video, that's one of the coolest features about it.

Hide contents

This actually looks amazing!