Boiling Broke and Transportation

bobby3x

My guess is that Law Enforcement Officers will process and book their suspects there and there will be no other transportation other than the officer/deputy driving them there, however @jack will likely be able to answer further as he is the faction leader of the Sheriff’s Department which will be handling the Bolingbroke Correctional Facility.

Would be nice to see a prison transport collecting people from stations. Could be done by SD rookies. 

This could work nicely if all imprisoned players would get a notice in advance on when the collections will happen and those who want to RP the transport would be given the chance to come online and take part, while the offline ones would just simply be teleported once they log in later.

qgv23wo.png

On 2/1/2022 at 11:02 AM, Maximus. said:

I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think around 2011 or so in LSPD, the Cadets/Rookies would help with transporting suspects to jail after they were cuffed. Am I remembering this right?! I feel like I did that before here.

It's been a thing for awhile. It's usually support units that do it if they are there.

giphy.gif

On 2/1/2022 at 5:02 PM, Maximus. said:

I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think around 2011 or so in LSPD, the Cadets/Rookies would help with transporting suspects to jail after they were cuffed. Am I remembering this right?! I feel like I did that before here.

The good old days of LSP, right in the heart of Los Santos. It was usually the arresting officer that transported them but the prison was only a block away from most of the action. When SACF was released, I'm not sure what it was like for PD but in SD it was still the arresting deputy that transported and processed them. Not sure if it was the same post 2016

Edited by Bluman

• Lead Admin
On 2/6/2022 at 11:44 AM, Bluman said:

The good old days of LSP, right in the heart of Los Santos. It was usually the arresting officer that transported them but the prison was only a block away from most of the action. When SACF was released, I'm not sure what it was like for PD but in SD it was still the arresting deputy that transported and processed them. Not sure if it was the same post 2016

It was the same up until we had access to /prison from station jails.

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

On 2/1/2022 at 8:25 AM, Venta said:

Would be nice to see a prison transport collecting people from stations. Could be done by SD rookies. 

This could work nicely if all imprisoned players would get a notice in advance on when the collections will happen and those who want to RP the transport would be given the chance to come online and take part, while the offline ones would just simply be teleported once they log in later.

I like this idea. If Bolingbroke is going to be roleplayed as an actual prison rather than a county jail, this would be interesting. Might even make a lifer if prison is in depth and engaging.

What are you supposed to put down here?

Actually wrote a four-paragraph-long opinion which just diluted the whole point of discussion - managed to stop and spare everyone at last moment.

Hopefully, in near future once the server gets on its feet properly, that duty can become some sort of mixed responsibility of both the arresting officer and special unit or department (wink) detailed for, among everything else, prisoner transport on larger, more organized scale. I have arguments for this though I feel this is not the proper place to voice them.

Until then, I'm 100% in favor of having alternative for sake of both the arresting officer and the perp: standard being direct transport to the facility in-person or having someone else do it, for processing or an exception (which will hopefully not become a rule) to allow both arresting officer and the perp to skip that part and directly be teleported to the facility.

Great question btw.

--    Fortes fortuna iuvat    --

spacer.png