Which one?

Uncanny

Seeing as a lot of people have some experience in some of the new shooter games I wanted to buy some of them. So, what is your opinions on Escape From Tarkov, Squad, Ready or Not, Ground Breach, Insurgency Sandstrom? Which should I buy?

I know that all of them are different in regards of their gameplay. I am looking for something with a somewhat realistic shooting/weapons and tactical gameplay. Yet I don't really know if I would like a game that would turn into hiding simulator for 1h.

Edited by Uncanny

The Road Slayers Motorcycle Club

LS-RP

Escape From Tarkov - Very very hard to get into, especially on your own, but once you learn the game and figure how things work - it is enjoyable. But there’s a very steep learning curve, and that steers a lot of people away after a couple matches. 

Ready or Not - If you’ve ever played SWAT 4, it’s exactly that with better graphics and different maps. I believe the game is still in alpha, or beta - so there are still a lot of bugs in the game (issues connecting to multiplayer matches, VOIP not working, etc) and there are limited maps at this time (I believe 4 or 5) but they’re all decent sized. The game offers several different ‘modes’ I.E. Hostage situation, active shooter, barricaded subjects, and bomb threat. In my experience, all the modes pretty much play out the same. The base suspects are pretty aggressive regardless of the mode and you die fairly quick if you don’t react faster. I personally feel like the modes should be more diverse as far as the play through goes - but maybe that’s something the developers are still working on as time moves forward.

Squad - I began playing a mod on BF2 called Project Reality, and that game was Squad with shittier graphics.. and I’d still say that it was better. The game Squad itself is not bad at all, it’s very good! Multiple maps, vehicles, the scenery is beautiful, and there are a lot of features in game that help the players / teams progress and win their respective matches. My issue with the game lies solely with the community that plays. The game is only fun when your squad is working together, because if not - you’re going to get destroyed everytime. Unfortunately, a lot of people play the game as they would Call of Duty - and they lonewolf the matches, or the Squad Leaders don’t have a mic so they’re not passing information down to the rest of the squad/team. 

I can’t speak on the other games listed, as I’ve never played them - but out of the ones I’ve discussed, I think Squad is your best bet for longterm enjoyment, because once you find a squad that works well together - it really is a great game. Or if you become the squad leader yourself, you dictate how the Match is going to play out (assuming your squadmates listen to you and follow your direction). 

Escape from Tarkov would be my second option, despite there being a steep learning curve - if you stuck with it or played with a group of experienced, willing-to-teach players - you’ll have fun.

Ready or Not is more of a solo, singleplayer game, at least right now. Once you’ve done one of the maps - you’ve done them all. I don’t see anybody consistently playing the game for more than a week or two, unfortunately - because the game really does have potential to be great. (Maybe with the help of mods?)

TLDR; I recommend 1. Squad 2. Tarkov & 3. Ready or Not.

if you want another cool game similar to Squad - check out Hell Let Loose! It’s pretty much the same game, just WW2 based. Community seems better IMO as well

Edited by Spades

22 minutes ago, Spades said:

Escape From Tarkov - Very very hard to get into, especially on your own, but once you learn the game and figure how things work - it is enjoyable. But there’s a very steep learning curve, and that steers a lot of people away after a couple matches. 

Ready or Not - If you’ve ever played SWAT 4, it’s exactly that with better graphics and different maps. I believe the game is still in alpha, or beta - so there are still a lot of bugs in the game (issues connecting to multiplayer matches, VOIP not working, etc) and there are limited maps at this time (I believe 4 or 5) but they’re all decent sized. The game offers several different ‘modes’ I.E. Hostage situation, active shooter, barricaded subjects, and bomb threat. In my experience, all the modes pretty much play out the same. The base suspects are pretty aggressive regardless of the mode and you die fairly quick if you don’t react faster. I personally feel like the modes should be more diverse as far as the play through goes - but maybe that’s something the developers are still working on as time moves forward.

Squad - I began playing a mod on BF2 called Project Reality, and that game was Squad with shittier graphics.. and I’d still say that it was better. The game Squad itself is not bad at all, it’s very good! Multiple maps, vehicles, the scenery is beautiful, and there are a lot of features in game that help the players / teams progress and win their respective matches. My issue with the game lies solely with the community that plays. The game is only fun when your squad is working together, because if not - you’re going to get destroyed everytime. Unfortunately, a lot of people play the game as they would Call of Duty - and they lonewolf the matches, or the Squad Leaders don’t have a mic so they’re not passing information down to the rest of the squad/team. 

I can’t speak on the other games listed, as I’ve never played them - but out of the ones I’ve discussed, I think Squad is your best bet for longterm enjoyment, because once you find a squad that works well together - it really is a great game. Or if you become the squad leader yourself, you dictate how the Match is going to play out (assuming your squadmates listen to you and follow your direction). 

Escape from Tarkov would be my second option, despite there being a steep learning curve - if you stuck with it or played with a group of experienced, willing-to-teach players - you’ll have fun.

Ready or Not is more of a solo, singleplayer game, at least right now. Once you’ve done one of the maps - you’ve done them all. I don’t see anybody consistently playing the game for more than a week or two, unfortunately - because the game really does have potential to be great. (Maybe with the help of mods?)

TLDR; I recommend 1. Squad 2. Tarkov & 3. Ready or Not.

if you want another cool game similar to Squad - check out Hell Let Loose! It’s pretty much the same game, just WW2 based. Community seems better IMO as well

Thank you for this amazing overall description. From the get-go I was leaning more on Squad, but I just didn't want to wait 45 minutes for something so happen, haha. Thanks again, it will help with my decision.

LS-RP

1 hour ago, Uncanny said:

Thank you for this amazing overall description. From the get-go I was leaning more on Squad, but I just didn't want to wait 45 minutes for something so happen, haha. Thanks again, it will help with my decision.

Yeah I don’t think you’ll have any problems waiting for action in the game. I really recommend checking out Hell Let Loose too! I’ve just started playing, and I was skeptical at first - but I’m loving it. Tactical and action packed , lot of fun

6 minutes ago, Spades said:

Yeah I don’t think you’ll have any problems waiting for action in the game. I really recommend checking out Hell Let Loose too! I’ve just started playing, and I was skeptical at first - but I’m loving it. Tactical and action packed , lot of fun

Okey, before getting a game, might just check out both and see what the internet has to offer in regards of videos 😄

• Love 1

LS-RP

If you are looking realistic game I suggest you Insurgency Sandstorm... I can explain the game with one sentence "One shot One kill". It is a brutal game. You have to cover whole body. You cannot fight like a Rambo. You need to find high quality servers of course. In example LS-RP in SAMP 😉 The others were shitty. By the way, I can tell server names if you decide to buy it. I don't know the policy of this forum about advertisement so write me on DM about server names.

Enjoy...

Burak Yılmaz (About Me)

spacer.png