Leasing businesses before launch

holaa.

• Lead Admin

Yeah I think that's a good idea. Might be the case that staff may run some of the businesses initially just to get off the ground. It'll be important for making sure that folks have a place to go, things to do etc in the first few weeks while many characters won't know each other etc. 

Having an idea of what the launch plan in general would be awesome really - get a bit of drumroll and hype. 

Sal

I think we should have businesses like bars and coffee shops open at server launch or the day after, it'd be nice to encourage roleplay from day one and get people to know each other ICly. I can imagine how things might turn out if there is no event going on, people might be just running around, free-roaming in cars and checking every property and feature in the server absolutely a chaos.

Well, the problem with this idea is that most people will start grinding for money and what not to have a jump start with their roleplay as money is rather needed. I believe the idea of businesses might make sense after one week or so of gameplay. Around this time people will start to care less about making money and rather turn their focus on roleplay, which will lead to better roleplay quality.

But overall the idea is rather nice.

Edited by Uncanny

The Road Slayers Motorcycle Club

LS-RP

38 minutes ago, Uncanny said:

Well, the problem with this idea is that most people will start grinding for money and what not to have a jump start with their roleplay as money is rather needed. I believe the idea of businesses might make sense after one week or so of gameplay. Around this time people will start to care less about making money and rather turn their focus on roleplay, which will lead to better roleplay quality.

But overall the idea is rather nice.

If you ask I'd say I'm no longer interested in grinding jobs for money and I think mentality have changed here too, people got old and no longer have enough time for such a thing, we would only hop in to roleplay once we have time, I have really missed roleplay since the server closed last year and I'm looking forward to do it on the new ragemp server.

1 minute ago, Monocle said:

If you ask I'd say I'm no longer interested in grinding jobs for money and I think mentality have changed here too, people got old and no longer have enough time for such a thing, we would only hop in to roleplay once we have time, I have really missed roleplay since the server closed last year and I'm looking forward to do it on the new ragemp server.

That is true, but still the early game will be grind based.

The Road Slayers Motorcycle Club

LS-RP

• Management

They generally need a business system in play that’s going to be owned by players on launch, a company system as such mingled in with the business script where we can have employees. This would then get rid of the stupid farming money jobs and have actual interactions and actual roleplay. They need to have a plan in place for people to be able to apply for companies before launch to get the economy rolling and get employment rolling and illegal factions and legal players would benefit from this entirely

Edited by Dos Santos

• 1 year later...
  • Senior Lead Admin

Head of Staff
𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜

• Nature locked this topic