Mikee

I think taxi driver, trucker and garbage man jobs already exist, I would like to see uber driver as a scripted job as well.

As much as I like agriculture, I don't think we need a scripted farming job when you can just roleplay that if you do it in the right way like roleplaying seasons, soil problems etc... It doesn't really matter if you will earn money from it or not, If anyone remember Whetstone Dairy Products that was my company and we didn't make any profit from what we were doing, in fact I was losing money on employees' paychecks and such. Nevertheless it was just a good RP experience and I'm glad a few people gave it a chance.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:30 PM, RUMLY said:

Not a huge fan of scripted jobs. I'm actually curious what about them you enjoy? I mean that in a nice way. 

You have to consider that there are going to be times on the server with low pop and no one really around to RP with. Script jobs can help to fill in that blank space, especially for people who play in less than ideal time zones. I am more often than not left only RP'ing with a select few individuals who fall into my time zone and the scripted jobs help to aid our RP. If they didn't exist, I wouldn't be playing at all. It's also a great introductory job for someone who is brand new and helps them learn server commands and ease them into pursuing a job at a player-owned business and such.

• Thumbs 1

Scripted jobs come with a number of positives and negatives. Most people will argue that a great deal of players will basically pick the most profitable job and spam commands as they watch their bank account number increasing. Certainly, some people will just grind as that is what a number of people do in video games. However, most jobs that come from roleplay share the same risks. If you ask any person around to think of such a job, they'd all say bodyguard, bartender or dancer because those are the vacancies one has to fill when those who have managed to collect money will ask for. It is no secret that the most popular business are nightclubs. Unfortunately, even though there are players who will be creative even with the aforementioned jobs, most players will just sit there and switch between animations while occasionally roleplaying certain acts.

On the other hand, there is a need for script jobs. I really enjoy being a trucker. Most of the time, I change my playlist to cliche country songs, gather my friends and start convoys. The idea of delivering goods during nighttime and taking occasional breaks at gas stations and diners is just great and very entertaining. Only this whole thing would not be any fun if there was nothing tangible, like an actual destination to go to and some kind of income because your character will eventually need money to fulfill their needs.

On 2/4/2022 at 1:51 AM, Venta said:

Instead of having scripted jobs there should be server-owned companies which players could join freely and that would pay less then player owned companies, encouraging players to switch to a player owned company, that does the same tasks, as soon as possible. In my opinion, jobs where you just walk onto a spot and type a command should be a thing of the past and we should move on to more immersive systems.

While hunting and fishing shouldn't even be considered as jobs, in my opinion. You get a rod and you go fishing, selling your catch to a fish processing plant. Same with hunting - you get a rifle, a license and go hunting, selling the hunted animals to a butcher. Hunting now could be especially interesting, as it is possible to have actual wildlife. 

This is actually a decent idea that could be refined to create an environment where players can work and roleplay without grinding jobs by spamming in-game commands every now and then. In the trucking job's case, I would love to see a proper business/company system where there is a need for actual resources and individual owners can make their offers. That way there those involved will only be able to make limited deliveries and interact with actual people in the course of their duties. It'd be more dynamic, creative and immersive.

• Thumbs 1

DISTRICT ATTORNEY NATHANIEL COOPER
LOS SANTOS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE"For the People"
VVtNi9h.png