Mikee

Actually, when you join a RolePlay server, even before joining it, you already know what kind of jobs you will find inside. It may be because those are the most functional jobs, or maybe because we have been used to SAMP experience that led us to understand that there were certain limits. With RageMP maybe we can think about new jobs, new experiences that might qualify civilian roleplay and might entertain.

Standard Jobs:
- Taxi Driver
- Trucker Job
- Trashman
- Harvster
- Fisherman

Possible New Jobs:
- Lumberjack
- Hunting

If you have suggestions, write them below, I'll add them to the list.

Edited by Mikee

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

17 minutes ago, Sticker said:

Hunting in the far future could be a nice addition

Added, would be really cool.

17 minutes ago, holaa. said:

lets create jobs through rollerplaying 😎

Yeah, sure thing. This kind of things already happen, you know.. Bodyguards / Bartenders etc.. I was talking about script-wise jobs.

Edited by Mikee

I don't think hunting should be a scriptwise job. If you have the means to do it, do it. Sell whatever you hunt to a person or shop, maybe make a rug out of it or something. Have hunting permits to add an illegal side and market to the mix. I think that would be neater than automatically rewarding people with money for shooting at stuff.

Go meh gwai ying mana, ban tsai yeh. Wun nay lay Tai Hing tun bing tun lai cha, dam daka?

35 minutes ago, The Fresh Prince of Fujian said:

I don't think hunting should be a scriptwise job. If you have the means to do it, do it. Sell whatever you hunt to a person or shop, maybe make a rug out of it or something. Have hunting permits to add an illegal side and market to the mix. I think that would be neater than automatically rewarding people with money for shooting at stuff.

Actually you won't find animals around if they don't script synced animals for each client. Plus, when we say script-wise, we obviously mean the basis, you know, maybe the possibility to kill an animal and to collect meat / skin / fur etc.. plus the possibility to:
1) Interact with Trucker Job ( that might sell this kind of products to a shop for example )
2) Use this kind of items / sell them to a person

I think script jobs will always have a place, but ideally it should be more profitable for individuals to engage in actual roleplay with other people rather than it being a grindfest. As Venta already mentioned, there'll be contracts and things like that. Running businesses should actually be profitable too; I remember back in the day nightclubs never actually made money. In fact most of the time, they lost money purely because entry fees and drinks never covered the inflated cost of hiring security, DJs and funding all those damn dance parties...

I liked World's feature where you could sorta pick a shop or a garage to work at, then you earned money for being in there and earned even MORE money if you made RP-related sales. This seemed like a happy medium, and made shopping far more interactive. For instance, my character went into a phone shop and roleplayed browsing and purchasing a phone, setting up a contract etc with another player who was working for the shop at the time. That player received money just for being "on duty", and a bonus at the end of making a sale with me. I also tipped for the roleplay - and think most people would do this too.

Sal 

Ex-staff

Dudes, it is obvious that roleplayable jobs are better than scripted ones, but you know, money has to come from somewhere, you know? This thread is not meant to be a thread to say that scripted jobs are better than roleplayable jobs or vice-versa. This thread's goal is to improve the actual jobs system in order to let newbies to have the chance to choose something never seen before or even to have some fun ( and then, with time, they will understand how to roleplay properly - but at least we should try to not make them leave the server after 1H of playing, you know? ).

It is always better to roleplay and not to grind, that's obvious, but you have to understand that while SAMP was just a niche game, GTA V is much more palatable and newbies will surely come here to try. This means that there might be new faces around, new possibilities and more fun.

17 minutes ago, Mikee said:

Dudes, it is obvious that roleplayable jobs are better than scripted ones, but you know, money has to come from somewhere, you know? This thread is not meant to be a thread to say that scripted jobs are better than roleplayable jobs or vice-versa. This thread's goal is to improve the actual jobs system in order to let newbies to have the chance to choose something never seen before or even to have some fun ( and then, with time, they will understand how to roleplay properly - but at least we should try to not make them leave the server after 1H of playing, you know? ).

It is always better to roleplay and not to grind, that's obvious, but you have to understand that while SAMP was just a niche game, GTA V is much more palatable and newbies will surely come here to try. This means that there might be new faces around, new possibilities and more fun.

Yeah but this is what I mean though - World found a way to straddle the line between the standard grindy jobs and ones which require roleplay. So working in shops, or as a mechanic who fills up people's gas, was handled by the script itself and not by players. It worked well in some ways because it made accessible, less grindy jobs for new players... but the flipside is that I don't think anyone ever roleplayed as like the "Manager" of each establishment. I could be completely wrong here, I didn't play enough on the server to understand how it works exactly.

The money does have to come from somewhere, you're fully right there. I just think favouring a job system which doesn't put the player on a "go here, do this, drive here, click this button a few times, drive back" track is good progress - especially when we've seen that there are systems like the one on World. Not saying it's perfect, but the vision behind it is clear: pump money into the server in a way that promotes roleplay. 

Although I also get that new players might be pretty intimidated by the idea of being put in a position like a shop worker, where they're still relatively new to RP and might be like "ohhh my god what if I fuck up". A standard script job like the ones implemented or that you've suggested would obvs be more appropriate for easing people in. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

On 1/24/2022 at 6:43 PM, Mikee said:

Standard Jobs:
- Taxi Driver
- Trucker Job
- Trashman
- Harvster
- Fisherman

Possible New Jobs:
- Lumberjack
- Hunting

Instead of having scripted jobs there should be server-owned companies which players could join freely and that would pay less then player owned companies, encouraging players to switch to a player owned company, that does the same tasks, as soon as possible. In my opinion, jobs where you just walk onto a spot and type a command should be a thing of the past and we should move on to more immersive systems.

While hunting and fishing shouldn't even be considered as jobs, in my opinion. You get a rod and you go fishing, selling your catch to a fish processing plant. Same with hunting - you get a rifle, a license and go hunting, selling the hunted animals to a butcher. Hunting now could be especially interesting, as it is possible to have actual wildlife. 

qgv23wo.png

All script jobs should be tangential to other systems and/or provide some sort of good or service to other players. Trucking being used to stock businesses is probably the most linear example I can think of for this. GTA:W has an issue with encouraging players to use taxis: being able to teleport your car to yourself, respawning wherever you had logged off, and being able to dependably teleport between properties you own more or less makes it completely worthless to ever use a taxi outside of rare occurrences and/or role play. You sort of have to strike the balance between something being a pain in the ass (stocking your own business, running 15 minutes to go get your car) and compensating players to provide that service to others. 

I know I keep drawing a lot of parallels to GTA:W but it's my only experience with GTA5. Their business paycheck system is literally genius and it allows players to actually role play instead of doing these god awful fucking script jobs. Seriously: please do this.

• Thumbs 2
  • Love 1

Maybe jobs that LEAD to roleplay? Maybe leave the various 24/7s owned by the server and leave a scripted job inside them. A player can take this job and, from that point, they're assigned a uniform and are a clerk for that location.

After that, automated ads are posted [The 24/7 in Strawberry is now open.] every x minutes to keep steady business in. The player can RP as a clerk, while others who accept the job can clean, RP stocking, etc.

Maybe have waypoint objectives that the player has to stand on for a few seconds to simulate cleaning, stocking, etc. Not required, just an idea.

Maybe the player gets paid for: small percentage of money spent on script items, multiplied by how many people are in the store, and they pocket any money for purchases made for RP, non-script items (lottery ticket, magazine, etc).

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

As Above, So Below - KIEREN LEDBETTER

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png

27ca0f64b7.png

fe1c89c70f.png

0Bf0K91.png

vUa21sx.png

Scripted-jobs aren't player involved and they should be the minority rather than the majority. Keep the ability to create 'jobs' via role play as the main drive here. Hunting can be accomplished by role-play and it can be great if the script itself accommodates hunting (animals and so forth) but we should keep the amount if script-wise jobs to a minimum for role play integrity. 

• Thumbs 1

22 hours ago, i hold the shank said:

maybe more IT jobs? the mdc looks real in depth im pretty sure there's also working computers so it would make sense to have tech for it.

The last thing I want to do is roleplay being on a computer when I'm playing on one. I'd much rather rp jobs that I'm not likely to do IRL or physical jobs out in the field.