Fivem Players and RP Quality.

bobby3x

It seems a lot of Fivem roleplayers are migrating to LSRP so I'm asking what advice you'd give to these new wave of players.This is not a thread to bash Fivem Roleplayers but rather a thread to help them understand the range of servers like LSRP since Fivem servers usually can't hold more than 100-500 members and a lot of Fivem Roleplay servers are centered purely in south central.

Edited by bobby3x

83 Gangster Crips

The Black Car

"The Best Prison Car to touch GTA5 Roleplay!" - LSRP Representative

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

I'll say it like this, FiveM, Alt:V, Rage:MP... it is what it is, people come from all over. With how big RP is on GTA 5, you have people from other RPG games not even GTA related, coming to GTA servers, some prefer text base and might come to LS-RP:V. We were all "newbies" at one point in time, and we all improved with help. Just because you're a good roleplayer, doesn't give you the right to act entitled and better than the next. That was an issue on SAMP too, the "elitism" mentality which I highly despise and irks me to this very day. Players should instead help one and other, because that's the only way we'll ever get anywhere.  

• Thumbs 2

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Community Page

LS-R

• Management

It's Los Santos Roleplay, take into consideration now a huge amount of LS-RP players started somewhere on low end roleplay servers back on SA-MP, aka NG-RP. These sort of servers, they came over here and learnt and read guides, and joint factions to teach them up to the high-standards that we know about today. This is the same sort of vibe, if people join these factions they can learn from dedicated role-player's who are trying to shape the community. We shouldn't be judging them on their roleplay quality as we all had to start somewhere years ago. It's now our job, to shape them into good roleplayers. 

On 1/24/2022 at 5:28 AM, Dos Santos said:

It's Los Santos Roleplay, take into consideration now a huge amount of LS-RP players started somewhere on low end roleplay servers back on SA-MP, aka NG-RP. These sort of servers, they came over here and learnt and read guides, and joint factions to teach them up to the high-standards that we know about today. This is the same sort of vibe, if people join these factions they can learn from dedicated role-player's who are trying to shape the community. We shouldn't be judging them on their roleplay quality as we all had to start somewhere years ago. It's now our job, to shape them into good roleplayers. 

Hard retweet. A lot of the 2014 population that people often refer to as the "golden era" were attracted to LS:RP in large groups from other servers. 

I generally don't mind new, inexperienced players wetting their feet here. One of the most rewarding things you can do as a player or faction leader is help somebody evolve. And a lot of the time these inexperienced players are willing to learn. The difference in standard between new players and those of the "golden era" is microscopic. A lot of these returning players come back at that same level where the quality wasn't as good as it is now. So the comparison between "new" and "old" is somewhat of a paradox to begin with. The most important factor would be to set the precedent so that the standard doesn't degenerate the more new, or old, players join. I think the biggest problem most servers have is that they are happy with the status quo and often build their rules and enforcement around this.

Players are a by-product of their surroundings, not their circumstance. In short, encourage new players but don't glorify them for doing what they're doing wrong. Educate them instead. Criticising new players (constructively) or players who come from different backgrounds is just as helpful as welcoming them is.

• Thumbs 2
  • Strong 2

5 hours ago, Spades said:

Hardest adjustment is going from voice to text, but it’s not rocket science. I’m sure they’ll pick up on it as they go. Things will be fine

Def was one of the most difficult transitions for me when I left Fivem.

83 Gangster Crips

The Black Car

"The Best Prison Car to touch GTA5 Roleplay!" - LSRP Representative

When I started playing on LSRP, I knew nothing about RP, like NOTHING.

And now, 10 years later I am considering myself a very good RPer, and it's all thanks to the community and the staff.

I am very confident about LS-RP staff to enforce the rules and guide new players from FiveM to improve.

Everybody should get a chance to learn how RP works as long as they understand the rules and what the server is all about.

• 1 year later...