Home burglary

1 minute ago, philadelphia shooter said:

How would you like to see this approached? I only hope it could be under admin spectate but make it as a priority when it comes to the report if there's no actual script in place.

Home burglaries are quite a unique experience but need scripts to accommodate it. The inventory system could come in handy here with furniture, equipment and so forth — selling stuff to stores or pawn shops would make an eco-system for it, but I definitely think for this to be actually feasible we'd need the inventory system to work in tandem with things inside houses.

Administrators can spectate them and review them, however, the time-constraints of having an Administrator spectate this whilst simultaneously having order reports to handle can be a strenuous job. It's hard to have a balance but I do agree basic monitoring of the burglary should be made to ensure role-play quality is there and someone isn't just spam checking for inventory spots.

12 minutes ago, owen said:

Home burglaries are quite a unique experience but need scripts to accommodate it. The inventory system could come in handy here with furniture, equipment and so forth — selling stuff to stores or pawn shops would make an eco-system for it, but I definitely think for this to be actually feasible we'd need the inventory system to work in tandem with things inside houses.

Administrators can spectate them and review them, however, the time-constraints of having an Administrator spectate this whilst simultaneously having order reports to handle can be a strenuous job. It's hard to have a balance but I do agree basic monitoring of the burglary should be made to ensure role-play quality is there and someone isn't just spam checking for inventory spots.

From my previous experience where the home invasion was based on a /breakin report is that admins didn't really get involved that much, it always felt like they were neglecting such reports. When they did respond (after 3 attempts in a 3 day span and over 7 hours of AFKing in front of a door) they made the alarms too overpowered, giving almost no chance to the guys busting that door, You have to take in consideration the time it takes to type a bunch of /me and there were cases where they roleplayed an alarm when there was none installed in the house. This is a total turn off.

Edited by philadelphia shooter

1 minute ago, IdleStacks said:

Requiring admin supervision is too much. However it works, it can't be strictly like that. No one wants to waste their time watching others roleplay, admins included. They normally have better things to do in any case.

Then we need something in place to prevent spamming. In no way it's realistic to go on a spree.

Just now, philadelphia shooter said:

Then we need something in place to prevent spamming. In no way it's realistic to go on a spree.

For sure. Can't really come up with a system I'd call good though. Applications for house break ins could work but it basically kills any possibility of organic roleplay and adds more OOC steps to rp, and may just end up in the situation you described where you don't get replies for ages.

Maybe an application for being able to use a /breakin command freely for a character? If found chain-robbing or doing it way too often remove privileges. But I can't find an angle that doesn't involve OOC work before/after.

Actually it would be better if under admin spectate, in order to make it look like an unique experience and so as not to abuse the system.

Script-wise:

1) Possibility for the owner to increase home security ( so the owner should be able to purchase a better door, better windows, eventually cameras that you should be able to check on your phone, an alarm system etc.. ).

2) Possibility for thieves to bypass all the security systems ( they might be able to lock pick the door, break the windows, their names shouldn't be visible via cameras if they're wearing masks, and they should be able to turn off the alarm system ).

Actually I would base everything on something like mini games, you know, when you try to lock pick the door, or when you try to turn off the alarm system maybe they can script something like "Cut the cables Minigame" ).

3) House inventory shouldn't be like "everywhere" in the house. The owner should have the possibility to place a safe with Furniture System ( and maybe he should be able to choose the safe, you know - something like Safe N°1 -> Low Security / Safe N°2 -> Medium Security / Safe N°3 -> High Security ). And when someone tries to open it, there should be another minigame.

4) Possibility for thieves to steal the forniture.

This would involve a lot of factors like time / experience etc.. and would be fun too.

Edited by Mikee

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

7 hours ago, owen said:

I believe ideas like this could improve the server and bring that "next generation experience" that I think people would like rather than sticking to traditional methods that require administrators for everything you wish to do as a player on the server. Not only can this cause a huge back log on administrators in-game when the server reaches peak population but this could add way more avenues for not only criminal role-players but law enforcement as well. The days of waiting for administrators and completely halting your role-play in-game to do certain activities is out dated and I would like to think most people would be on board for it if you think about the opportunities just this idea alone can bring to the table.

Criminal role-players can benefit from this system heavily by creating whole new rackets dedicated to this craft but that's not the only thing that could come from this. Law enforcement could also use this system as a tool as well in high-risk arrest warrants and take downs or even hostage situations. This also has the potential to build a home security industry for entrepreneurs to venture into and make a honest living.

Some ideas that are possible to introduce to the server could be so you have the option to purchase home security systems from businesses that provide it and install the devices in your home such as actual alarm systems for each entry point into interiors and once it exceeds a certain amount of time it notifies the police in real time with no pausing or delaying. Another addition that could be implemented is the amount of time it takes to break into a property, if a player has a certain item it gets them to make entry quicker whether it's by force such as a battering ram for police or a lock pick for someone trying to make a quieter entry. For the average person it could be as simple as kicking the door in that may have a chance of not working all the time and requires more attempts with obvious animations or even sounds. Ways to mitigate the spam break in problem could be to make some sort of script that only allows you to break into the property of someone who's currently online and if the server currently has enough active law enforcement on duty at that time. You also could enforce lengthy punishments for people convicted of crimes to make people think twice about committing them but that's leading into a whole other subject.

The point being is just with some pondering this simple idea can create so many different opportunities and doesn't make you feel limited as to what you can or can't do as a player. 

On 1/23/2022 at 6:34 PM, i dont wanna od in LA said:

keep it the way it worked on samp. if you leave your house unlocked and you don't set the /stash point in a hidden/inaccessible location then anybody should be allowed to rp flocking. 

uh no. I dont wanna see people going in front of a house, take a screenshot (we have built in 1st camera) and then do their blindfold thing back at home. There's more we can do now, make burglary a thing.

4 hours ago, philadelphia shooter said:

uh no. I dont wanna see people going in front of a house, take a screenshot (we have built in 1st camera) and then do their blindfold thing back at home. There's more we can do now, make burglary a thing.

read what i said again. I'm not talking about NPCing it either. I'm referring to the fact that if you had knowledge of property which could've contained weapons or drugs and was open you were able to carry out the breaking and entering organically. i agree though that there should be some kinda lockpick item added, but i don't think it's essential for day 1.

1 hour ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

read what i said again. I'm not talking about NPCing it either. I'm referring to the fact that if you had knowledge of property which could've contained weapons or drugs and was open you were able to carry out the breaking and entering organically. i agree though that there should be some kinda lockpick item added, but i don't think it's essential for day 1.

the point he's making is that on lsrp nobody ever roleplayed burglaries because of the fact that a /check point existed, they'd just go inside an unlocked place, run around doing /check and take everything inside then leave without any RP, that's just how it went. The system was trash on LSRP and we can do it much better here, we dont need that outdated ass /check system.

3 minutes ago, La Tweaker said:

the point he's making is that on lsrp nobody ever roleplayed burglaries because of the fact that a /check point existed, they'd just go inside an unlocked place, run around doing /check and take everything inside then leave without any RP, that's just how it went. The system was trash on LSRP and we can do it much better here, we dont need that outdated ass /check system.

still better than the /breakin system on gtaw imo. admin interference shouldn't be required to rp something as basic and simple as a burglary. 

26 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

still better than the /breakin system on gtaw imo. admin interference shouldn't be required to rp something as basic and simple as a burglary. 

Atleast on GTA:W people were forced to roleplay taking your things. When you wake up to your entire stash gone only to find out it was taken without a lick of RP, it's quite irritating. GTA:W isn't much of an example anyway, everything Mmartin has scripted has blown GTA:W and its bs script out of the water and when he gets around to making something for burglaries, I have no doubts that he'll do the same and shit all over the bs system Nervous created.

3 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

Atleast on GTA:W people were forced to roleplay taking your things. When you wake up to your entire stash gone only to find out it was taken without a lick of RP, it's quite irritating. GTA:W isn't much of an example anyway, everything Mmartin has scripted has blown GTA:W and its bs script out of the water and when he gets around to making something for burglaries, I have no doubts that he'll do the same and shit all over the bs system Nervous created.

the less admin interference the better in my opinion. what's the point of having an admin spectate you just so you can roleplay something? i disagree with it and i'm really hopeful that the devs on lsrp will come up with a better system than some queue-based script that requires direct admin supervision.

• CJ 1

11 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

the less admin interference the better in my opinion. what's the point of having an admin spectate you just so you can roleplay something? i disagree with it and i'm really hopeful that the devs on lsrp will come up with a better system than some queue-based script that requires direct admin supervision.

You have a point here too. Apparently I only came with a possible solution to the GTA:W's problem. Maybe there's something that can be done, and better. That's why we need some people to go rant in here, we could meet in the middle. I suggested something before and it was quickly dismissed by the other community. Maybe going for RPG elements is the go to. Players could upgrade house locks, alarms, etc, and based on that, the difficulty increases when it comes to breaking in. For the burglars, a /loot command starts a timer that discovers you items and it's automatic, giving you time to do /me properly. The command of breaking down the door could have a cooldown, so we don't have people going on sprees. The real problem is how do we find stashes? Basically what was happening before, was just asset safety. We still don't know much, would we be able to /v park cars if there's drugs/weapons in it? Will people roleplay having stashes in their houses when it's easier to buy the cheapest cars and /v park them full of stuff? There's still a bunch of questions left unanswered.

Edited by philadelphia shooter
  • Thumbs 1

6 minutes ago, philadelphia shooter said:

You have a point here too. Apparently I only came with a possible solution to the GTA:W's problem. Maybe there's something that can be done, and better. That's why we need some people to go rant in here, we could meet in the middle. I suggested something before and it was quickly dismissed by the other community. Maybe going for RPG elements is the go to. Players could upgrade house locks, alarms, etc, and based on that, the difficulty increases when it comes to breaking in. For the burglars, a /loot command starts a timer that discovers you items and it's automatic, giving you time to do /me properly. The command of breaking down the door could have a cooldown, so we don't have people going on sprees. The real problem is how do we find stashes? Basically what was happening before, was just asset safety. We still don't know much, would we be able to /v park cars if there's drugs/weapons in it? Will people roleplay having stashes in their houses when it's easier to buy the cheapest cars and /v park them full of stuff? There's still a bunch of questions left unanswered.

The last part is very true. It's just too early to debate on this matter just yet.  We simply have no knowledge of all the technicalities that are coming in the future.