Do People still Roleplay on San Andreas Multiplayer?

bandemic

• Lead Admin

I feel like LSRP shutting up shop was probably the end of most SAMP roleplay. I know there were others, but most seem to have migrated to GTAV already. Still I'll always look back on SAMP roleplay with fond memories and nostalgia. 

• Love 2

Sal

12 hours ago, Tens & Twenties said:

There's a server or two left, you'd have more choices if you knew Russian, Turkish or Arabic.

Maaaaan if I knew Russian, SAMP would definitely still be a thing. Their servers PB have always been ridiculously high! Very jealous of those guys haha

Not really, unfortunately I think it will slowly die. Plus SAMP developers left the project, so even Russian, Turkish or Arabic servers will slowly die since there won't be the possibility of major updates, new stuff etc.. 

Edited by Mikee

it.png  SENIOR TESTER MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

• Lead Admin

There was this sort of middle ground when GTA4 was out, when most folks didn't seem to have computers that could handle anything more than GTA SA. So even when the GTA4 RP servers came out, they were quiet purely because many folks just didn't have the hardware to handle it.

Nowadays, graphics cards and memory are much more affordable and that's probably had a big impact on why people actually can play games like GTA5 on their computer. People who play on laptops too - I think my old gaming laptop would still have exploded if I tried GTA4, nevermind 5. But yeah it's all more accessible now, and I think that's had a big impact on the demand for RageMP. 

Regardless of the reasons, I'm glad of things moving in this direction. Trés exciting. 

Sal

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Xanakin said:

Russian servers still go hard, although they having to develop further server features and such since SAMP development itself has been pretty much dead

This ^ tbh you could barely find any English community these days or at least a stable community.

Tyler Reed - Department of Public Works & Transportation (Gov)

On 1/30/2022 at 4:26 PM, Spades said:

Maaaaan if I knew Russian, SAMP would definitely still be a thing. Their servers PB have always been ridiculously high! Very jealous of those guys haha

I remember once joining a russian samp server, I just about made it past the tutorial and got auto banned for being so far away from the server host

On 1/30/2022 at 5:42 PM, Allegra said:

I think my old gaming laptop would still have exploded if I tried GTA4, nevermind 5.

To be fair I think anyone's PC would explode playing GTA4. I have to have it on the very lowest settings, meanwhile I'm rocking RDR2 on ultra

Edited by Bluman

Although I really enjoyed the game back in 2018, I don't think I could ever go back to playing a game with such graphics. Stable community or not. SAMP will always be one of my favorite games.

DISTRICT ATTORNEY NATHANIEL COOPER
LOS SANTOS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE"For the People"
VVtNi9h.png

well... to be honest in the English rp community there are no stable servers, having a better economy as a country and others, most have been updating their PCs and emigrated to GTA V, unlike in the Hispanic community, most of countries have inflation and everything is very expensive, which is why the roleplay communities in samp are still alive, very few but they are still alive.