San Andreas Judiciary / Courts, what would you like to see?

RyanW

22 hours ago, mattmocz said:

I am in courts leadership and assisting with the courts, yes. If you have any suggestions feel free on how things can be done hassle free, feel free to message me on discord mattmocz#4508.

I asked the questions I had here but thanks for the offer ☺️

• 3 weeks later...

This is very critical moment in which playerbase has to be immediately convinced and assured that the courts and court RP will function. Based from what was covered in this topic, it seems majority of work was done already and the rest remains but a formality. Nice job.

Due to practical reasons, it's only reasonable to establish system that will run smoothly - this means most of stuff will simply have to occur on forums. However, I believe everything in power should be done to allow players who would genuinely like to engage in court roleplay to do so and give them a chance. Maybe down the line, once the judiciary has a decent number of staffing, some sort of "on-duty judge" system could be established, to ensure one judge could always be reached out to during the "workday", to allow for such kind of impromptu roleplay to take place. Maybe down the line in near future.

In addition, hosting more or less frequent group hearings (pardon my ignorance, I'm not sure what the proper English term is - the kind of stuff they do in "Caught in Providence") to allow people to contest their lesser offences (infractions and some misdemeanours). It would really send out a message that courts are there, ready to take a big bite, and that people shouldn't hesitate to engage in that kind of roleplay.

Unrelated, but I'm 100% in favor of not having to go through departmental IA first in order to file a lawsuit. Doesn't make sense and gives the respective IA body too much power in that segment. As for the clerks being NPCed, not necessarily a good idea. Clerks and legal interns are positions where aspiring judges, attorneys and prosecutors start off. Having that kind of position open for human players might, you never know, allow for complete laic to one day pursue real-life career in law.

• Thumbs 1

--    Fortes fortuna iuvat    --

spacer.png