Events

Sheffield

I'm all for events, under the circumstance that they aren't game-breaking. Earthquakes sound good in theory, but practically make no sense, especially if you make major changes to the map with major buildings torn down; realistically these take years to build as is, imagine having to reconstruct them after an earthquake; some places in San Francisco still haven't been entirely rebuilt.

Music festivals, NASCAR racing, normal racing, horse racing, beach events, charity events, protests and stuff like parades for Cinco de Mayo or St Patrick's Day would be cool.

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-R

1 hour ago, Freedom Fighter said:

Music festivals, NASCAR racing, normal racing, horse racing, beach events, charity events, protests and stuff like parades for Cinco de Mayo or St Patrick's Day would be cool.

Chili cook-offs too. And I'm not saying that cause I just back from one. 👁️

Maybe even an event at the fair, especially if some games could be accepted at the pier or something.

• Thumbs 1

YBYvD4O.gif Qe0qceV.gif

THE BILINGSGATE MISFITS

As Above, So Below - KIEREN LEDBETTER

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

0YMEIUs.png

zbNHczV.png

HITYFrc.png

IttpHWy.png

QzHrrQR.png

27ca0f64b7.png

fe1c89c70f.png

0Bf0K91.png

vUa21sx.png

The events are purely dependent on the immersion available to the RAGE:MP coding. Yes, the earthquake events were great and all but on SA:MP, which was completely different a lot more "low quality" in terms of scripts and such with many differences to the current game state. I'm pretty sure the Events Team will have stuff worked out, I think a carnival, music festivals, various spontaneous events will be welcomed on the server — but first of all, a base, solid, bugless version of a gamemode has to be put out! There'll be a lot of coding and adjusting backdoor and time will tell. 

• Clap 1

On 1/16/2022 at 4:53 PM, almightybounter said:

The events are purely dependent on the immersion available to the RAGE:MP coding. Yes, the earthquake events were great and all but on SA:MP, which was completely different a lot more "low quality" in terms of scripts and such with many differences to the current game state. I'm pretty sure the Events Team will have stuff worked out, I think a carnival, music festivals, various spontaneous events will be welcomed on the server — but first of all, a base, solid, bugless version of a gamemode has to be put out! There'll be a lot of coding and adjusting backdoor and time will tell. 

True, but it's never too early to start with some idea's no? 😄

• OK 1

I think a LOT more small time events should take place day to day. This is something me and a few other admins / players experimented with on LSRP when the events team eventually dissolved and we were allowed to just do our own shit to create unique roleplay.

We roleplayed things such as; money transportation, roadwork crews, and a lot of other small immersive events that made the game feel more real and offered the ability to interact with a situation you wouldn't be able to normally.

I'd like to see admins given the same permission to do so here as it was both fun and well received by community members. Hopefully with the encouragement of civillian roleplay these type of things will happen more commonly on their own too.

Edited by r0yal
  • Thumbs 1

7 hours ago, r0yal said:

I think a LOT more small time events should take place day to day. This is something me and a few other admins / players experimented with on LSRP when the events team eventually dissolved and we were allowed to just do our own shit to create unique roleplay.

We roleplayed things such as; money transportation, roadwork crews, and a lot of other small immersive events that made the game feel more real and offered the ability to interact with a situation you wouldn't be able to normally.

I'd like to see admins given the same permission to do so here as it was both fun and well received by community members. Hopefully with the encouragement of civillian roleplay these type of things will happen more commonly on their own too.

For sure. Events are going to be important to keep players coming and keeping them in, especially at the start.

Money transports for unique criminal roleplay opportunities (this doesn't mean every one of them needs to be hit)

Allowing bank jobs rarely

Opening up the amusement park

NASCAR was a good shout from another user here

Sports games (baseball would probably be the easiest to roleplay but it would have to be  super condensed because no one's gonna watch or play a 6 hour game)

Stunt airplane shows

Stunt car/bike shows

Monster truck rallies

Boxing bouts

A ton of this stuff could be left up to IC companies and people but realistically speaking that's a hard sell for most people to roleplay because there's not much you can do in the down time. I don't know how big the events team is but I'd consider making membership fairly fluid or making temporary memberships a thing (a monster truck rally may require 15 people, a money transport two, a NASCAR event 30, whatever).  The possibilities are fairly limitless especially because GTAV is if nothing else, a huge game and some of the GTAO content isn't completely retarded and can be appropriated for use by us.

I don't know if it's possible or done before but one-off characters used by events team members are basically required for most of these. Recruiting from the playerbase for stuff like amusement park/stadium staff, boxing bouts or money transport is maybe possible but for stuff like stunt shows I wouldn't count on it.

The smaller stuff like chili cook offs, roadwork crews and such IMO could safely fall within "people will get this done IC'ly".

1 hour ago, IdleStacks said:

A ton of this stuff could be left up to IC companies and people but realistically speaking that's a hard sell for most people to roleplay because there's not much you can do in the down time. I don't know how big the events team is but I'd consider making membership fairly fluid or making temporary memberships a thing (a monster truck rally may require 15 people, a money transport two, a NASCAR event 30, whatever).  The possibilities are fairly limitless especially because GTAV is if nothing else, a huge game and some of the GTAO content isn't completely retarded and can be appropriated for use by us.

Me and the boys were exploring the fighting mechanics to see if doing fighting leagues that maintain some semblance of competitiveness is viable (like it was in SA). A lot of these things can be handled through IC companies / players themselves, it largely falls to allocating the resources needed to make it possible. Access to interiors, vehicles, property locations, and some form of financial compensation (similar to how world does business openings) when requested in a timely fashion will make these things handle themselves. 

6 hours ago, Apophis said:

Me and the boys were exploring the fighting mechanics to see if doing fighting leagues that maintain some semblance of competitiveness is viable (like it was in SA). A lot of these things can be handled through IC companies / players themselves, it largely falls to allocating the resources needed to make it possible. Access to interiors, vehicles, property locations, and some form of financial compensation (similar to how world does business openings) when requested in a timely fashion will make these things handle themselves. 

Totally agree, you are bounded to the resources you get from the staff team. All sorts of things are possible by mutual agreement, but it would be nice to have active representatives for the server who can help decide what events can help the server grow and keep it enjoyable.

15 hours ago, r0yal said:

I think the small events are the most fun. It gives a kind of realistic picture.

I started this topic for events in the future, of course. This is not something for the short term. It's always nice to get some input from the community.

• Lead Admin

Anything which gets people together, really. I keep saying this everywhere, but the map is huge and it's gonna be much more difficult to "bump into" people for RP, if that's your thing. Sure we'll have groups who will roleplay together as factions, but there's always going to be a lot of folks who don't belong to a group of friends on here yet, and will need to meet other characters to build their network. 

So in the early days, even small events like community BBQs, press conferences, races (think fitness races perhaps, or bikes), combined with business openings, should do the trick.

I'm not averse to the big disruptive events provided they are few and far between, and obviously that they make sense. No zombie outbreak or anything like that. There was that time when Damian and the other admins roleplayed as Korean terrorists nuking the city while dressed as chickens, for instance. 

Sal