Guide to Firearm Fabrication

Shmoe

DISCLAIMER: The information disclosed in this guide is only to give insight to roleplayers on LSRP and not to be used in real life

This topic itself is meant as an introduction to the 3D printing and P80 world and not meant to be a step by step tutorial

The world of firearms is constantly growing at an alarming rate not only over the span of time but especially in the last few years.

3D Printing firearms
: The 3D printing world has been overwhelmed with extreme creativity in the recent years, along with 3D printing becoming incredibly affordable for the average man or woman. 

dcOExc8.pngaBLIdEa.png

eERsaMD.pngvbCFjaI.png

Originally 3D printed firearms became a trend in Europe due to the extremely strict gun laws. But quickly over time it has flooded into the USA with tons and tons of people making blueprints and making their own firearms straight from their home. Only using minimal amount of tools like a dremel, drill, filer, and sandpaper to fabricate their own "ghost gun" from the comfort of their home or garage. 3D printing has been incorporated into the criminal world heavily due to most criminals are not allowed to own a legal firearm.

Most printers nowadays cost about $200-$400 which is really affordable. Along with most prints taking about 1-2 days to fully print

Example (open for full-view):
 5oLBUs2.png

A lot of questions asked in the 3D printing world are things like

• "Can it be traced back to you?": Yes and no, there's always a digital footprint in the internet's world, but there's always ways to cover your tracks, ordering parts to other locations and VPN's are the best way to avoid these issues.
  • "Is it illegal?": Yes, it is illegal to fabricate your own firearms without paying the ATF and allowing them to view everything you make/own.
  • "Is it safe?": Sort of, if you take your time and use the correct material and follow steps accordingly there should not be a single issue. But if you cut corners and try to rush it? There's a chance your print could crack/break/combust. But that is the risk some are willing to make.

"Are 3D printed firearms 100% 3D printed?": No, only the lower receiver is printed, the ATF only tracks lower receivers. You have to fill out paperwork when buying a lower receiver from any site/store, printing it cuts out that part. Making a 3D printed firearm deemed a "ghost gun".

But 3D printing doesn't just stop at the lower's themselves, it also continues further into special "switches" or "sears" that you can print that turns your firearms into automatics (which could be implemented into your roleplay).
A full-auto switch/sear is a small tool made to form either your Glock and/or AR15 from a semi-automatic to fully-automatic. The mechanism itself tricks the firearm into continuous firing instead of resetting the trigger on each shot.  

(AR AUTO SEAR):
 7ewFVw9.png

(GLOCK AUTO SEAR/SWITCH): 

l7LzkPu.png

Another wildly used method of firearm fabrication are P80 kits, "80% part kits"

Similar to 3D printing, P80 kits are another way to fabricate a firearm from the comfort of your own home. You can order a P80 kit straight off the internet, using various tools to mill the lower and form it into your own personal firearm can take up to 3-5 days. Along with the P80's themselves being rated much higher in a safety standard compared to it's 3D printed adversaries. 

A lot of questions asked about P80 kits are:

• "Are P80 kits illegal?": No, they are fully legal to order to any location, they are not considered firearms by the ATF.
  • "Are P80 kits safe?": Yes, a much safer alternative to the 3D printing method, extremely safe.
  • "How accessible are P80's?": Super accessible for any normal person, ordering in large amounts could get you flagged.
  • "Are P80 kits 100% plastic?": Yes, the kit itself is an all plastic kit, coming with metal drill bits and an aluminum locking block. 
  • "Is a P80 kit an entire firearm?": No, the P80 is only half of the firearm, the rest can be ordered legally off any site, like the lower parts kit, upper parts kit, barrel and slide.

Overall, attaining firearms/modifying firearms does not just consist of "smuggling weapons" or "acquiring them from gun-shows", it goes much deeper than that. I hope that the guide itself gives some insight to roleplayers that roleplay around firearms consistently. 3D printing and P80 kits are the new norm in the firearm world, more and more criminals are turning towards these methods of acquiring firearms due to the accessibility and the low risk high reward aspect. Giving food for thought to any of you that are open to creative firearm roleplay. Lastly, I could've given a step by step on how to fabricate these methods, but I would like for you guys to use your knowledge and research icly and be creative. It's all about creativity when it comes to stuff like this, the field is extremely open, enjoy!

I'm open to answer any/all questions on this thread as well, and if there's anything you'd like to ask personally, add me on discord [Shmoe Fo#6006]

Edited by Shmoe
  • CJ 1
  • Thumbs 3
  • Strong 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Shmoe said:

"Is it illegal?": Yes, it is illegal to fabricate your own firearms without paying the ATF and allowing them to view everything you make/own.

If you're making NFA items (short barreled rifles/shotguns, suppressors, automatic firearms using auto sears ect) it's illegal without applying for a tax stamp but it's completely legal to otherwise make your own firearms.

Good guide and I hope to see more people roleplay around manufacturing firearms.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, kendrick said:

If you're making NFA items (short barreled rifles/shotguns, suppressors, automatic firearms using auto sears ect) it's illegal without applying for a tax stamp but it's completely legal to otherwise make your own firearms.

Good guide and I hope to see more people roleplay around manufacturing firearms.

Most definitely, I live in NY so it's a bit different over in my area. But yes applying for the tax stamp legalizes the firearm in total, and actually in some Southern states I'm pretty sure you can get the sears and such tax stamped as well, just have to go through a ton of paperwork.
Appreciate it 👍

• Strong 1

1 hour ago, Doug Dimmadome said:

It's not illegal to manufacture a firearm. Tax stamps are only required for articles classified under the National Firearms Act of 1934. Since San Andreas is a fictional world based off California, and more so Los Angeles and Los Angeles County, a state-issued serial number must be acquired prior to manufacturing a firearm. The BATF is not reviewing anything, but the California Department of Justice under CFARS does.

This is a quite low effort guide. Despite its name and intent to introduce people to 3D printing, as well as educate them on procedures and measures, we're shown not even the bare minimum of what 3D printing has to offer, and its consequences of living in a state that disregards and violates our constitutional rights to bear firearms. There seems to be no foundation on what this guide wants to accomplish as it appeals to unlawfulness, or rather unlawful characters, despite its lawful nature and compliance with the Second Amendment and/or state laws.

We're not shown the consequences of bad prints or possible injuries, nor the availability to print other items such as suppressors or magazines. Where does a convicted felon acquire a P80 lower receiver, trigger group, slide and a barrel? How does he acquire ammunition? Can you be punished for owning mentioned items (as a convicted felon)?

Instead we're left to believe that we can easily turn our handguns and AR-15s into fully automatic firearms. No mention of malfunctions or reliability issues on Glocks (with auto sears), or how manufacturers such as Colt restricted the usage of drop-in auto sears or installments of fully automatic trigger groups in their AR-15s platforms. Too much crucial information is missing.

Everything is fully explained in the guide, instead of barraging with randomness give it a read. 

On 1/16/2022 at 12:24 AM, Shmoe said:

"Is it safe?": Sort of, if you take your time and use the correct material and follow steps accordingly there should not be a single issue. But if you cut corners and try to rush it? There's a chance your print could crack/break/combust. But that is the risk some are willing to make.

• "Are P80 kits illegal?": No, they are fully legal to order to any location, they are not considered firearms by the ATF.
  • "Are P80 kits safe?": Yes, a much safer alternative to the 3D printing method, extremely safe.
  • "How accessible are P80's?": Super accessible for any normal person, ordering in large amounts could get you flagged.

Everything you're talking about is talked about in the thread, I did not go in depth for many reasons. Explained here

Lastly, I could've given a step by step on how to fabricate these methods, but I would like for you guys to use your knowledge and research icly and be creative. It's all about creativity when it comes to stuff like this, the field is extremely open, enjoy!

As I own a 3D printer myself and know almost everything about it. Any felon can hop on a VPN and order a P80 kit as well, there are no background checks for P80 kits, no background checks for upper parts including barrels, slides, upper parts kits, lower parts kits, trigger assemblies. A felon or any Joe-Schmoe can walk into a gunstore and make a cash exchange with no ID check for ammo, you're missing the point entirely. The guide itself is to give a brief explanation on the 3D printing and P80 world and how it could be a good alternative for illegal roleplayers. 

And yes, you can easily turn (almost) any AR-15 platform that you can get out of a store to an automatic with a drop-in printed sear, and yes, you can turn a variety of Glocks to full auto with the easy to install printed switch, Glocks like the G26, G17, G27, and G19 are all easily compatible with the Glock Automatic Switch

If you asked the questions in a nice way instead of attempting to belittling my guide it would've been nice. But no, you say its low effort since I'm not trying to tell everyone exactly the step by step on how to fabricate a firearm from home. It's for the roleplay, there's many ways to go about it, I suggest reading the thread once more before you make a lengthy response on it.

I'm also not going to go back and forth with you either, so if you'd like to learn more or delve into a conversation, add me on discord
(Shmoe Fo#6006)

Edited by Shmoe

2 hours ago, Doug Dimmadome said:

It's not illegal to manufacture a firearm. Tax stamps are only required for articles classified under the National Firearms Act of 1934. Since San Andreas is a fictional world based off California, and more so Los Angeles and Los Angeles County, a state-issued serial number must be acquired prior to manufacturing a firearm. The BATF is not reviewing anything, but the California Department of Justice under CFARS does.

https://prnt.sc/26ho513

I'm not sure if you're aware @Doug Dimmadome but what Shmoe said doesn't differentiate in the slightest from what you're trying to affirm. You both are basically saying the same thing. 

12 minutes ago, Doug Dimmadome said:

If you know so much how come you didn't include the FGC-9? Instead you chose Glocks with auto sears as if there's no significant other.

California Penal Code 30352. California Penal Code 30370.

For someone living in a state with terrible gun laws you should know how hard it is to obtain ammunition and firearms, yet in your guide you describe getting new gun parts or ammunition as simple as purchasing a bus ticket (as a felon). At first I was hoping you would improve it and take it kindly because I had no ill intent, but now I know you're unreasonable and incompetent. Don't bother replying. It's low effort. Your guide is trash.

There's no federal firearms registry in the United States. You can manufacture as many firearms as you want, so long you're not a convicted felon and give each one of them a serial number (in most states). Only NFA articles are subjected to a tax stamp.

This is a guide for a roleplay server, borderline fedposting with this one.
If you actually go outside, touch grass and communicate with firearm enthusiasts in your community, you could very easily get someone to purchase ammunition and or spare parts even as a felon. But here we are, forming arguments over the internet about how firearms are manufactured in a virtual world where we all larp as either gang members or boot lickers. No matter how much knowledge you hold on the subject of firearms in the real world, it still wont change the fact that you decided to come to a well constructed guide for ROLEPLAY PURPOSES (((as displayed in the big BOLD red text at the top of the guide if you cant read))) to flex your knowledge to impress ZERO bitches.
Cope, seethe, ratio.

Edited by irl_cracksmoker
  • Bigsmoke 2
  • Thumbs 3

8 minutes ago, irl_cracksmoker said:

it still wont change the fact that you decided to come to a well constructed guide for ROLEPLAY PURPOSES (((as displayed in the big BOLD red text at the top of the guide if you cant read))) to flex your knowledge to impress ZERO bitches.
Cope, seethe, ratio.

D4B7VZi.png

Edited by Shmoe
  • Bigsmoke 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Doug Dimmadome said:

If you know so much how come you didn't include the FGC-9? Instead you chose Glocks with auto sears as if there's no significant other.

For someone living in a state with terrible gun laws you should know how hard it is to obtain ammunition and firearms, yet in your guide you describe getting new gun parts or ammunition as simple as purchasing a bus ticket (as a felon). At first I was hoping you would improve it and take it kindly because I had no ill intent, but now I know you're unreasonable and incompetent. Don't bother replying. It's low effort. Your guide is trash.

There's no federal firearms registry in the United States. You can manufacture as many firearms as you want, so long you're not a convicted felon and give each one of them a serial number (in most states). Only NFA articles are subjected to a tax stamp.

What no bitches does to a nigga, so read the penal code on GETTING bitches 

Edited by Fritzz.
  • Strong 1

25 minutes ago, Doug Dimmadome said:

good thing this is an rp server and not real life

good guide tho

• Love 1

spacer.png