Nightlife Roleplay

Xanakin

8 hours ago, La Tweaker said:

Yeah, most gang RPers avoided club roleplay because all people played in them was crappy EDM/Dubstep music, which gang members don't listen to, hopefully that'll change on this new server. Aslong as clubs start playing music that actually gets played in places like LA, alot of people will visit their clubs.

That's fair enough yeah, there never really was much diversity in the music that was played. On World they had a place dedicated to metal music at some point, it was a bit cray but it was different and refreshing. Let's hope for a good mix!

• CJ 1
  • Thumbs 1

Sal 

Ex-staff

• 4 weeks later...

I like the idea of the club having actual personnel that make sure they have everything in stock every time it is open. This would create more roleplay sectors such as distributors (people who own stores and will have contracts with clubs for distribution of alcohol and others) on the legal side but also on the illegal side for trafficking counteirfeit alcohol and/or others (hopefully this will be possible at some point script-wise).

What I did not see anyone mention is the demographics of clubs. I think some clubs should only be accessible to certain people and what I mean by that is creating a realistic barrier between high-end and low-end clubs: clubs for rich people where you won't usually see gangbangers or normal people that work a 9-5 and then clubs for the others. For example, clubs on Vinewood Boulevard would be high-end where you would see expensive cars, models, rich people, etc and in the southern part of the city you would find lower end clubs that don't have a very flashy exterior and lower quality interiors to make the difference between the two categories of clubs.

Obviously the entry fees and menu prices would be different, making it accessible to the targeted demographics. On the other hand, the bouncers of the high-end clubs wouldn't generally let gangbangers in for the safety of the important clientele, not abiding to the dress code and others. Lower end clubs wouldn't have dress code restrictions and also would not be as safe as a high-end one.

In the end, this all comes down to how the owners want to administer their club. But I think if those people (the owners) keep this simple thing in mind, realism and the differences between social groups would be portrayed accordingly.

Most players don't create the right scenery when out in the nightlife lifestyle which is why other players only come and go when they're open. The scene created has to almost be as if you've done it in real life. Drunk, high, hanging with clingy friends would make an immersion atmosphere around rather it's in a small group or big for others to learn from. Advocating groups shouldn't matter, each one has it's own experience to offer others their enhancing learning experience during the event.

Edited by International

On 1/17/2022 at 7:06 AM, i dont wanna od in LA said:

i genuinely hope we won't have a club on every single corner. it's annoying, it doesn't contribute to any quality roleplay. 

I think this is fundamental, I would like there to be "2 sides" (speaking of club owners) and that they have some clubs around the city, no club on every corner because in the end they become annoying.

11 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Im actually looking forward to having a sort of popular “strip”, a street / area where most nightlife businesses are located like cinemas, clubs, stripclubs, etc. Then we dont see clubs in the most weird places.

Yeah, in fairness I hope some thought has gone into 'placemaking' - creating proper hubs for certain types of RP and certain types of characters. Inevitably we'll end up with some kind of Idlewood pizza stack situation (probably that little mall near Mirror Park) but even so, it'd be nice to have properly themed areas.

Back to the nightlife point though, I hope for diversity as we've discussed, and I hope that some thought has gone into making them profitable for owners. Otherwise we'll end up in a situation where nightclubs and bars are actually a drain on resources - this obvs shouldn't be the case. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

51 minutes ago, Allegra said:

Yeah, in fairness I hope some thought has gone into 'placemaking' - creating proper hubs for certain types of RP and certain types of characters. Inevitably we'll end up with some kind of Idlewood pizza stack situation (probably that little mall near Mirror Park) but even so, it'd be nice to have properly themed areas.

Back to the nightlife point though, I hope for diversity as we've discussed, and I hope that some thought has gone into making them profitable for owners. Otherwise we'll end up in a situation where nightclubs and bars are actually a drain on resources - this obvs shouldn't be the case. 

Faction Team offering some sort of weekly or monthly budget possibly.

I don't think the nightlife scene would end a a catastrophic drain. It's up to the owner if they want to embed in resourcing out their club or bar. Organization is big when you own a business of value. Clubs that are open every night without the correct structure would be looked at as a joy spot instead of respected establishment. Those who give their business time to build an atmosphere for itself or the people involved will see more value to their ownership and employees. I'd say give it a week to get ready for the establishment's opening date, it'd help on both ends: for the employees and crowd.

Spending a week isn't too bad, when the points are to grasps the attention of the server's immersion. The mentality most businesses should have is that; the plan. Advertisements can play a part, but word to mouth keeps control, concept, and continuation.

more clubs = more mallrats and erpers that are ruining everything with their horny stuff. It should all be kept to a minimup, clubs play a big part of mafia/illegal RP as far as I know, involvement of drugs and weaponization during the nightclubs open time, in the back office.

13 hours ago, killkit said:

more clubs = more mallrats and erpers that are ruining everything with their horny stuff. It should all be kept to a minimup, clubs play a big part of mafia/illegal RP as far as I know, involvement of drugs and weaponization during the nightclubs open time, in the back office.

Time to improve it.

13 hours ago, killkit said:

That's definitely a preference though; some people genuinely enjoy nightlife RP. I suppose even in real life, there are people who just go to clubs to find a hookup. It's obviously not for everyone but in which case I'd say... if it ain't your scene, don't go. 

Back in the day my character would have a group of friends who'd meet up each week at a bar, then a club (which we could plan because the clubs and bars tended to open on the same day each week). Innocent af and then we'd just let the characters dance and roll home drunk. Was fun. 

Club scene ain't gonna go away, but I agree it'd be good to see it interact more with the illegal side of things. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

On 3/18/2022 at 5:01 PM, SCANDALOUZ said:

The problem with nightlife roleplay isn't script related. It's player related. 80% of the "characters" that daily night clubs are uuugh. 

That's true. But I think that with GTA 5 we will see another type of nightlife roleplay. 

• 1 year later...